Ordering Samples - *New and Original (Spaghetti Bolognese & Chili Con Carne)?

Want2BeSlim

Gold Member
I just went on the S&S site to order samples of some of the 'meals' but see there are two options for the Spaghetti Bolognese and Chili Con Carne, either New or Original. Can somebody tell me what the difference between the two is? I'm not sure why I can even order both versions as a sample but there is no option to select New or Original when ordering normally :confused:

Just noticed the same thing with the Porridge, when ordering samples you can choose either Sweet Porridge/Oatmeal or New Porridge, but when ordering normally only Sweet Porridge is available.

Sorry, I am a total newbie to Slim and Save.

I haven't tried the new ones but you can order them normally. I've got both arriving in my order tomorrow :)

If you're ordering samples I'd get both

They're manufactured by different companies so taste different. As Starlight says if you're buying samples get both as then you'll know which one you prefer. S&S intend to stock both types I believe as different people like different types.

They will be continuing to stock both so they offer them separately. You can order the new ones in bulk if you are ordering one of the 1 week to 4 week plans. If you phone them then I'm sure they would do an order of just the new packs too if that's what you wanted.

They also now do a sample pack which contains one of every pack they do.

I've tried the new chilli & didn't like it.
I've tried the new spag bol & didn't like it.

Like the new porridge & absolutely love the old spag bol.

Hope that this helps!

Just realised why I couldn't see new and original when ordering normally, I was clicking on 'VLCD Meals' on the left hand side. When I clicked on '5 Items VLCD (m)' I could see both types. Doh!

I see there are set amounts to chose from under 'Pack Combination' :
64 Shakes / 48 Meals / 28 Bars
84 Shakes / 28 Meals / 28 Bars
and so on... But if I select 'Confirm in notes box @ checkout' does that mean I can choose the amounts I want? for example, 50 Shakes, 50 Meals and 40 Bars and how many of what specific flavours?

Yep - the confirm in notes box allows you to specify exactly how many you want of each item.

Back