Organ donation

I also think it would be better if it was an opt out scheme, but sadly it's just not the case :( I know there are lots of people out there who would be willing to donate but don't take the time to sign up.

Last year this scheme was almost implemented in Holland, but due to some opposition in parliament it didn't go through at the last minute :(
I know it is an opt out scheme in Belgium and apparently it works very well there.
when asked most people would want to donate their organs when they die, but without being registered it is often their loved ones that decide.

I'm on the donor register and also the bone marrow register. I also make sure my family know my wishes, and remind them about them. I think it would take so much pressure of them as they know already what I want, if ever the question is asked.

honey74, good luck xx

I'm afraid to say that i'm not on the donor list, per say, I decided years ago when I was 12 to leave my whole body to medical science, so it can (hopefully) benefit a whole wide spectrum of new discoveries!
I have written this into my will so everyone knows and there will be no changing after i'm gone

Back