Organised.com!

GymClassHero

Silver Member
Well, i've been super organised and planned all of my meals right up to monday! Im having a hardcore red week and ive just been paid so i've been able to buy some really nice meat which i was missed!! I also bought 2 cookbooks and got a free recipe card and cookbook with the new SW magazine in class last night so i've gone to town on trying some new recipes.

So, here is what i have planned for my evening meals this week:

Thursday (RED) - Lamb casserole served with carrotts, brocolli, cauliflower and 198g new potato's (all free + HEB)

Friday (RED) - Grilled Duck breast in cherry sauce served with oriental vegetables (2 syns)

Saturday (Extra Easy) - Chicken Pad Thai, recipe was for vegetable in new mag but im adding chicken, (2 syns) and Thai bites with yogurt and chive dip (free)

Sunday (RED) - Pork brochettes served with salad and jacket potato (all free + HEB)

Monday (RED) - Chicken jalfrezi with Bombay Potato made with BNS and 198g new potato's (all free + HEB)

So, whadda think? I needed to get my arse into gear and start cooking different things instead of sticking to the same meals all of the time, fingers crossed this will be me the boost i need :)

sounds good - i was very organised this week and will be meal planning again next week too :) i find it saves me eating as much rubbish!

Its not so much that i eat crap if i dont plan its just ive been eating the same thing over and over again :rolleyes:

I think variety is good and im trying to add more superfree foods in daily as well. My losses have slowed right down to 1/2 pound per week so i really need to be getting back to at least 1 pound per week to ensure im on track to achieve target.

I also bought the EE cookbook and i;m going to try 1 week of EE soon - im cacking it! lol

is it possible to post the recipe for the duck with cherry sauce as my mouth is watering reading that lol!

is it possible to post the recipe for the duck with cherry sauce as my mouth is watering reading that lol!

Sure can hun! Also, its in the free little book you get with this months mag...

Serves 4 (Red/EE - 2 syns)

Ingredients:
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
4 skinless duck breasts
Fry light
4oz/113g cherries, halved and stoned
2 small red onions, finely chopped
2 tbsp red wine vinegar
2 star anise
1 level tbsp redcurrant jelly
2 tsp artificial sweetner
1/4 pint/142ml chicken stock
1 level tbsp gravy granuals

Method:

1 - season duck, spray with frylight and grill for 6-8 mins on each side or until cooked through

2 - meanwhile fry cherries and onions in frylight for 5-6 mins, then add red wine vinegar, star anise, redcurrant jelly, sweetner, stock and gravy granuals and cook for a further 10-12 mins

3 - slice duck and arrange on 4 plates, top with cherry sauce and serve with green vegetables

I had the lamb casserole for dinner tonight and it was luuurverly!

Posted a pic in the meal idea's thread. My OH made it whilst he was off work because its such an easy recipe to follow and super filling as well.

Cant wait to cook my duck now tomorrow, typing that recipe up was making me literally salivate! :p

Back