OT Advice please?!?

Foo Fan

Gold Member
Hi guys,

As u know I stared my second job last week... They have just called me and offered me a full time position and to keep my evening hours 2 so I would work 10am - 8.30pm Instead of what I'm currently working 8am-4pm then 6-8.30pm..

I am actually looking for another full time job at the moment - not really happy where I am so it would be ideal..

However the money is less than my full time job - do I be cheeky and say I will go to them if they match my current full time salary? And that I'm willing to stay on the lower rate for the evening hours?

No. They have approached you so obviously need you! If you want to accept the job say you would be delighted to accept the position but need them to match your current salary. Personnally I would always say this was higher than it actually was ;) Don't even think about offering to accept a lower wage for the evening shifts..........late shifts should be paid at a premium rate anyway!!

Oh and well done you :)

Thanks guys - I'll give it a go and see what they say :)

How did it go hun? Agree with what everyone else has said. I got offered another job and told my company I was leaving and they gave me more money to stay. It is always worth put ideas out there. The worst they can do is say no! Well done btw!

Yes, defo say you are interested but they have to match your other jobs wages otherwise its pointless you moving.

Let us know how you get on :) x

Hi guys, they offered me less so I said that I would need them to match my current job - they will come back to me tomorrow... So well see?!?

Oooohhh keep us posted chick x

Oooh :fingerscrossed: for tomorrow :) x

I agree with what everyone else has said - look forward to seeing what they say! Well done you :) xx

Me too,if you go for another job it must be worth your while. Hope they will give you more money x

Update - they matched my current job and I get commission and I get to keep my evening hours :)

Well done, congrats! :D

Brilliant!! Now to just tell your other job! lol

Have they said that your evening hours will the paid the same as your day hours with them?x

No the evening rate will stay the same - but I'm happy with that :)

Ideal!! :)

Great news hun! When do you start?

Back