OT christmas decs

misspinkkat

Can hug her knees :)
I'm bored lol so thought id see when you all put yours up?
I am such a christmassy person I love it, one year mine were up before halloween, last year was the 4th November, I think my tree will go up this week sometime
xx

Christmas starting before December is my per hate! I won't even let hubby buy any mince pies until first of December! My decs will go up the week before at the earliest.

lol you make me larf bless ya...

Its my wedding anniversary on 3rd December so i usually do it just after then.

What colour do you have..............i am having limey green and chocolate this year x

Decs up in oct :eek:

Ours go up around 2nd week in December and EVERYTHING is down inc tree boxing day :D

LOVE Christmas dont get me wrong, but im a minimalist and the clutter just 'get's me :rolleyes:

Always have a real tree :)

I blame being a Christmas baby, its my excuse and I'm sticking to it :)
I only have a christmas tree, I'm not keen on all the OTT decs, but if I had a fireplace I would decorate that too, this is my first year in a house so we have more space and I really want a new big tree, so still in two minds if its going up yet or when I find a new tree I Like the one I have is only 4ft :(
Last year I had Iceblue and Silver, I saw lovely Brown and Green things the other day when I took the boys to look at the christmas things, If I get a new tree I think I am going to have Black and Silver
xx

I blame being a Christmas baby, its my excuse and I'm sticking to it :)
I only have a christmas tree, I'm not keen on all the OTT decs, but if I had a fireplace I would decorate that too, this is my first year in a house so we have more space and I really want a new big tree, so still in two minds if its going up yet or when I find a new tree I Like the one I have is only 4ft :(
Last year I had Iceblue and Silver, I saw lovely Brown and Green things the other day when I took the boys to look at the christmas things, If I get a new tree I think I am going to have Black and Silver
xx

I am a xmas baby too!

Must admit it is the 1st December at the earliest for me. But am excited this year and can't wait.

Oh misspinkkat and your evident enjoyment of Christmas, good for you - I think my mum and dad put their decorations up on about the 23rd Dec! But they are in their 80's and have never been that Christmassy (apart from when my sister and I were small and it was a necessity).
I love traditional decorations - I have a gorgeous shiny red nutcracker (oops- did that sound odd?!) - ie: a soldier from the childrens story/ballet. Thats my favourite decoration but have some Yankee candle holders with festive scenes and a wooden advent calender.
I spend Christmas at the family home in West London so I try to have slightly different theme at my place - I don't have a proper tree here but a small wooden one that is a windowsill decoration.

Decorations come down about 2nd Jan as that marks the end of Christmas/New Year celebrations x

i go with the traditional way. decs go up 12 days before christmas day and come down 12 days after.
im also superstitious so anything not taken down by midnight on the 12th night has to remain up until easter . so far ive always managed to get it all down in time.
i decorate all in red and gold with blue lights and i must admit that my living room looks a little like santas grotto.
im looking forward to next christmas the most as by then i will have a 7 month old grandbaby living with us :D

Mine go up on the 1st December or a couple of days before if it doesn't fall on a day that me and Hubby are home. The kids would have them up now if they had their way but that's the earliest for me. I love Xmas to and can't wait for it this year as it's the slimmest I have been in years I want to wear lot's of nice stuff.

i go with the traditional way. decs go up 12 days before christmas day and come down 12 days after.

Me too i think any earlier and i get fed up of the clutter.

I brought a pre lit tree last year and by the time i took it down one of the bulbs had gone and its a real pain in the arse finding which one it is so i just put it away so i think i'm going to have to get it down early so i can sort the bulbs out, it does look lovely when its all made up and working though.

i want them up nowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

suppose i should wait till december thou

I bought a new tree in the Jan sales last year so really looking forward to putting it up this year - lets hope it's all in one piece, the box is still sealed! Probably go for the week before Christmas or I'll get fed up of the clutter!

Back