ot - Day's Out In The Uk ... WHERE?!!!!

summergurl

♥3 Years Maintaining♥
I shouldnt be planning this right now but am bored, cold but cosied up so thought i would lol

Me and my bf have 2 weeks off together at the end of june and we may not go abroad so am trying to plan where in the UK we can go for some great days out.

I live in plymouth but travelling is ok as i drive and staying over night is ok too as i work for the holiday so cheap stays (aslong as its roughly no more than 6/7 hours drive away)

So far all i have is Chester Zoo and Longleat ... (we are going to blackpool in august so thats out & we have already been to alton towers and thorpe park)

Anyone got any other ideas ... pwease!!!

Oh, nothing spooky like ghost hunting - no thankyou!! lol :rolleyes:

Anything besides ghosty stuff lol
Bf aint too keen on stuff like walking on moors etc.

Touristy things lol

London, visit some tourist things there.
Thorpe park.
Alton Towers.

Are you going to be on re-feed, or still on TFR?

I am not sure yet - if i am 13st i think i will go refeed but may just have 2 shakes and 1 meal a day (no alcohol) but if i go abroad i shall be refeeding properly!! I am very scared of this tbh :( lol

But then i wana get back on it after this holiday to get to 12st - which goes against what i believe so i just dont know! :sigh: lol

York is a good city to visit for a couple of days.

Alex

Anything in particular to do in York?

Have to agree with Kered...London definately! I've lived there for two years and i still love going on the tourist bus with friends when they come down! So cheesy but great fun...and it'll be gorgeous weather then too!xx

oooooo I love sommerset, Brean, Burnham on sea.....(any of those) There is the cheddar gorge cave's, wookey hole, bristol zoo isn't that far away. Not alot to do in Weston-super-mare but check to see if the t4 concert is on the beach, I'm sure it's about then, There is a fairground, in Burnham quite a nice little town for a bit of shopping.
There is a nice climb up the hill at brean downs to the fort which is always an acheivment to get too.
All within a hours traveling time from where your staying.

Hope that helps

Jo x x
mini goals
1. get through first week Done :D
1.5. get through week 2.. Done but did cheat.:sigh:
2. to lose a stone Done 6.5 & 7.5 does add up to 14lb but ticker shows 13lb :D
3. to drop a dress size Done Now back in size 16 jeans :D
4. to get through week 3 without cheating.
5. to lose 2 stone
6. to drop another dress size.
more mini goals to come lol.

wk 1 -7.5lb
wk 2 -6.5lb 1 stone gone :D
wk 3

Going to Cornwall with my OH in July....OMG!!!, cream teas....cornish pasties......not that I WOULD partake, of course:whistle:

Manchester and Liverpool you could do both in the same trip for a few days.
New Forest
Winchester and Warwick would both be nice for a weekend
Cardiff's quite nice too.

Stonehenge (good to see, but best to visit on the way to somewhere else!!)
Salisbury
Windsor - got Legoland, great for big kids as well as actual children...
Longleat safari park

not really sure how far some of those are for you, but most are down south so a bit easier than Manchester and Liverpool :)

Im going to recommend Warwick as i live there! great touristy place, The Castle, Mill gardens lots of old buildings to look around then on to either Leamington Spa or Stratford Upon Avon for the shops.

York

Things to do in York

The cotswolds are worth a visit as well. Very pretty villages. Warwick castle is a grand sight. Blenheim palace is also a good day out.

I suppose it depends on whether you want to spend the whole holiday in one place or a couple of days in different places.

Alex

Get cheap mid week flights over to Dublin for a few days, you will have a great time and loads to see too :)

West Midlands Safari Park, we went there last year and I loved it, they got beautiful white lions and white bengal tigers. I personally preferred it to longleat.

Hey summer

Why not drive along the coasts and stop and stay the night over some places, Weymouth, Bournemouth,Brighton,eastbourne etc then work your way up to London for a couple of days for the London eye, London zoo, Wax works then go from there ;)

Back