Diary of a "Fat" is the "New ~Thin" serial talker

Old"n"Porky

Ok well joined yesterday and introduced myself and had some lovely encouraging replies, but im a serial talker. I talk for a living, I sell fractional properties to people so my job involves talking, talking, talking. Im about 3 stone (UK person) which is 42 lbs overweight. Im 52 years young and live in Spain. I really live the dream, lovely house, own pool, boyfriend 13 years younger than me and gorgeous. So why am I overweight. Most of my life i was spot on 10 stone 10 llbs 150lbs, but had my father die over 10 years ago at only 64, several divorces, a miscarriage and my perfect life went to pot. To comfort myself i did everything to excess, drank, smoked and ate, boy did i eat lol. All the bad things, fresh bread with lashings of butter, sweets and cakes coming out my ears and vodka like it was water.

To sum it up, I lost my sense of self worth, which is what happens to everyone at some time or another. I actually didnt care what i looked like. Fat!!! yeah whatever. But being overweight and losing your sense of self is actually more impacting that not being able to look good in clothes. It means youve given up, are prepared to be judged and found lacking and are happy with that. Well eventually we all get tired of this and thats when we start to diet. Clawing back what we feel is our youth, we all refer back to pictures of ourselves when yes we too were gorgeous, slim and acheiving. But losing weight is so so much more than looking good, its feeling good. I dont feel good at the moment but i do feel able to fight it.

Cleaned out my refrigerator and painfully threw away all the things that are bad for me. Im gonna start my diet today, im gonna go shopping and buy a pair of size 12 jeans, salad, mineral water, whatever it takes. Im not stupid, I know reducing calories and upping exercise will get me where i want to be, the question is, do i really want to be there!!!! I think so, time will tell.

Good luck yes you defo sound ready for it!! Try weight watchers on line even it's really good and you don't have to starve!

Back