OT/ Funny Facts

princessria

is a pirate arrrgggghhhh
:family2: right peeps in the light of fridays thread about randonm facts and it not half cheering everyone up i thought we might continue in the same way to cheer up mopey monday,

IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO SNEEZE WITH YOUR EYES OPEN IF YOU DID THEY WOULD FLY OUT THERE SOCKETS!! and also the human sneeze is the closest reaction body wise to an orgasm!

I'm pretty sure it's just an urban myth that your eyes would acctually pop out. A sneeze does put pressure on the eye balls, so it can be uncomfortable to sneeze with your eyes open. Your eyes do push outwards a small amount, but not enough to be visible or to dislodge them.

It is possible to force your eyes open when you sneeze (I've done it) although you have to fight your unconcious brain which has a reflex action to keep the eyes closed.

That wasn't very funny was it? Sorry!

Okay - tried to think of something funny

Killer Coconuts
It’s a fact. More humans are killed every year by falling coconuts than by shark attacks. When is Hollywood going to produce THAT blockbuster horror film?

right i double checked on myth buster, and the consensous is some people can but it's very very very bad for your eyes and yes there is a risk of displacement due to the force of the sneeze.

more people in Africa are killed by hippopotomous per annum than lions

Okay - tried to think of something funny

Killer Coconuts
It’s a fact. More humans are killed every year by falling coconuts than by shark attacks. When is Hollywood going to produce THAT blockbuster horror film?

Lol!!! x

Just found this....

Having nice sex burns 358 calories.
Having rough sex [make it hurt] burns 543 calories.

Take off her clothes
with her consent........... 12 cal
without.................... 187 cal

Take off her Bra
With two hands............ 8 cal
With one hand............. 12 cal
With mouth................ 85 cal

Put on Protection
hard ..................... 6 cal
soft...................... 315 cal

Foreplay
Looking for target........ 8 cal
Finding G spot ........... 92 cal
I don't F***ing care...... 0 cal

Entry
Holding her............... 12 cal
On the floor............... 8 cal

With Different Position
Missionary.................. 358 cal
Doggy....................... 316 cal
69 lying.................... 286 cal
69 standing................. 512 cal
Italian hanger.............. 912 cal

Orgasm
Real....................... 112 cal
Faking...................... 315 cal

After "O"
Lying in Bed................ 18 cal
Hop off the bed............. 36 cal
Wondering why she left pissed off...... 816 cal

Get dressed
Quiet and calm................ 32 cal
Rushing....................... 98 cal
Heard her boyfriend opening the door.... 1218 cal
Heard her dad at the door......... 1942 cal
Her mom walking in................ Priceless!!

Also......Yawning is only contageous in humans!

Hmmm - is their a doctor in the house to confirm or refute the mystery of the sneezy eye popping? I am half tempted to phone my Phyisology lecturer, but think he may suspect I was mad!

I did find this article supposdely written by a doctor.

Eye-Popping Information

Let's get one thing straight: "It is very unlikely our eyes will extrude or 'pop out' if we sneeze too forcefully," says Brian Smart, MD, chairman of the Asthma and Allergy Center of the DuPage Medical Group in Illinois.

Well, if the reason we close our eyes when we sneeze isn't to keep them from popping out of our heads, then why bother?

"Similar to the reflex that occurs when your knee kicks after it's hit with a medical hammer, or the way your hand pulls away from something hot when you burn it, closing your eyes when you sneeze is a powerful reflex," says Smart, who is also a spokesman for the American Academy of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology. "You can try and force yourself to keep your eyes open when you sneeze, but it's hard to do."

Another piece of folklore: We sneeze with our eyes closed to keep the stuff we sneeze out from getting in our eyes. Survey says?

"It is also unlikely that the substances we sneeze will get into our eyes, since the substances we sneeze travel some distance," says Smart. "Incidentally, the fact that we sneeze a considerable distance leads me to remind people to always cover their mouths when they sneeze. This will help slow the spread of respiratory disease, and is simply good manners."

He sounds convinced!​

Just found this....

Having nice sex burns 358 calories.
Having rough sex [make it hurt] burns 543 calories.

Take off her clothes
with her consent........... 12 cal
without.................... 187 cal

Take off her Bra
With two hands............ 8 cal
With one hand............. 12 cal
With mouth................ 85 cal

Put on Protection
hard ..................... 6 cal
soft...................... 315 cal

Foreplay
Looking for target........ 8 cal
Finding G spot ........... 92 cal
I don't F***ing care...... 0 cal

Entry
Holding her............... 12 cal
On the floor............... 8 cal

With Different Position
Missionary.................. 358 cal
Doggy....................... 316 cal
69 lying.................... 286 cal
69 standing................. 512 cal
Italian hanger.............. 912 cal

Orgasm
Real....................... 112 cal
Faking...................... 315 cal

After "O"
Lying in Bed................ 18 cal
Hop off the bed............. 36 cal
Wondering why she left pissed off...... 816 cal

Get dressed
Quiet and calm................ 32 cal
Rushing....................... 98 cal
Heard her boyfriend opening the door.... 1218 cal
Heard her dad at the door......... 1942 cal
Her mom walking in................ Priceless!!

LMAO! What is an Italian Hanger? Or don't I want to know! ;)

If you took extracted the DNA from every cell in your body and stung it all together it would strech to the sun and back over 6000 times. The thread would be too thin to see with the naked eye.

Isn't science awesome?

I used to have a book called True Shark Stories. It read it about 100 times when I was younger, and still love Sharks to this day.

One of the stories makes me laugh every time I read it. Here goes;

There was a spear fisherman (forget his name) who had been out into the sea to catch his fish. He had filled his belt with fish and was headed back to shore when a Shark attacked. It made off with his entire left leg. People on the beach rushed into the water to help the fisherman and luckily he survived the attack. He was fitted with a prosthetic leg and learned to walk again. Marine Biologists were able to identify the shark that attacked him as it had been electronically tagged.

A year later the fishermen went back to the point where he had been attacked, and in order to confront his memories of the attack, he went into the sea. Amazingly he was again attacked by a shark (!) which this time made off with his proshetic leg!

Marine Biologists confirmed it was the SAME shark which took his real leg the year before!! LOL! That shark had it in for him.

At least it wasn't his right leg I suppose!

Found out;

The Italian Hanger is a sexual position between male and female partner. The female either lies with her back on a surface (like a bed) or is held by the male. The female's lower body is suspended in the air, and makes no contact with the surface. The male, standing over her, penetrates her vagina in a downward motion. This position is called the Italian Hanger because the female's legs are spread apart, resembling an Italian clotheshanger. It burns lots of calories. :D

Found out;

The Italian Hanger is a sexual position between male and female partner. The female either lies with her back on a surface (like a bed) or is held by the male. The female's lower body is suspended in the air, and makes no contact with the surface. The male, standing over her, penetrates her vagina in a downward motion. This position is called the Italian Hanger because the female's legs are spread apart, resembling an Italian clotheshanger. It burns lots of calories. :D

Lol, sounds like too much hard work!!! ;-)

Back