OT: OH is in hospital!!!

LOL! Good idea. I might get him some lego...

I am off out for tapas tomorrow night. I might take him a doggie bag ;)

Hope he is feeling better soon, sending you a hugxx

Hi Hellie - Hope OH is getting better - sorry to hear what happened BUT he should have listened to you in the first place....men!

Long story but I'm worried with nobody to tell!!

OH is in North Manchester Gen...

Basically, he went mountain biking at the weekend in Scotland. Sunday afternoon, he falls off and cuts his knee open over his kneecap. Goes to hospital for stitches. Comes home Sunday night very tender and unable to bend his leg. Monday off work. Tuesday also off work but Hellie is worried as his leg is very red and swollen, and hot, right from his thigh down to his calf. Nothing says OH. He is a bit sleepy, cold and yet feverish. Doctors says Hellie. No says OH. Goes to work today. Dressing due to be changed. OH says he will go to local NHS drop-in centre. Hellie goes to visit best friend and baby after work. Gets home. No OH. Thinks he must be at drop-in centre still.

Just had call from OH. He's in hospital with Cellulitis. Might be staying in overnight as it's quite severe! I have had to google it...it's basically an infection but I am really worried!

Has anyone any experience of it?

Sorry to panic on you all...

I am still trying to cook myself a veggie tagine!!!I haven't eaten! :eek:

My OH cut his finger a few years back and got a really bad infection not sure what it was called though, his whole hand and arm swole up like a balloon and he was admitted to hospital for 2 days and they put drip in his arm and sent him home with it still in and he had to go back to hospital daily for 2 weeks to get antibiotics injected into the drip thing in his arm, he had an awful time with it. He has no use of the finger now due to arthritius (sp?) and it is his index finger on the hand he uses so means he is unable to be an engineer as he's trained but at least he's ok. Doc's said they could operate and put new knuckle in but it would shorten his finger and would need it done every few years so by the time he's 50 he would have a wee stump so he didn't bother.
Hope ur OH is ok, men are so daft about hospitals and docs like arn't they? He's in good hands though so don't fret. He might just listen the next time! Let us know how he is doing, hope all goes well xxx

Hope he feels better really soon hun, antibiotics will work quite quick and then a week of sitting down with leg up should put him right. Don't worry. xx

Back