Other Diets

MissNix

Gold Member
Out of curiosity, what other diets / healthy eating plans have other people followed here and how did you get on? Would you ever go back to them or are you now converted to SW?

Got into the discussion on a night out last night and it's amazing how passionate people get about SW with it being a lifestyle rather than a "diet".

For me it's SW all the way, for the pure sustainability factor, and the lack of restriction :)

I've done them all. WW, CWP, SS, LL, Atkins....I get to around the 15 stone mark and "think that will do" and stop. Determined to get past that this time though. Have a lot to look forward to in the next two years x

Wow you really have done them all! Did you find any easier than others??

I find they all have their own little challenges in them. The hardest was Atkins if I'm honest. Living on just protein was pretty difficult. They all work though if stuck to and you then maintain correctly X

I am on a tweaked vlcd at the moment but in the end I think all diet roads should lead to SW just because it's all about health not just weightloss :)

I've only tried healthy eating before, ie reducing portion sizes and eating healthier foods. The doctors gave me some good booklets before I started slimming world, about portion sizes and stuff and what's healthier than other things but you are allowed 7 portion of bread/cereal a day on it lol I took advantage! Slimming world gives me more control though as I can still have a 'naughty' treat every night

I've done herbalife, Cambridge,calorie counting and slimming world.... I lost a stone on sw 3 years ago on the run up to my wedding and ALWAYS kept it off. I then lost a stone and a half on Cambridge but ended up poorly due to the lack of food with gallstones. Had my gallbladder removed in the end. Very painful! So now I'm back on sw and lost 11 pounds since new year. Determined to get to target with this. It's fab as I can't believe (having done Cambridge in the past) that I can lose weight AND eat ACTUAL food!! Haha x

My Zumba instructor is always praising herbalife, is it just a juicing diet or something? X

Its not fun!! It's basically a mixture that I used to blend in with yoghurt twice a day (as a meal no less) and a heap of huge vitamins .... So lots of deprivation. Needless to say I was fairly miserable when I did it years ago and the weight just came back on as soon as you started eating 3 normal meals a day again.
These things just don't work for me. I love my food too much ;) speaking of which I'm having bangers and mash soon!! X

I've done a few, Weight watchers, calorie counting, slim fast, jillian mckeith, had prescription fat binders from the GP, was referred to a dietician by the doctor and got a personal diet. I never lost much weight on them. Was looking through my weight watchers books a few weeks ago and it took me seven weeks to lose 4lbs. I had my old food diaries and I stuck to that plan to the letter. It just didnt suit me. Took me a whole year to lose 2 stone last year between WW and calorie counting.

This is my first (and hopefully only) try at SW. I have lost 6lbs in 5 weeks. I know that prob doesnt sound like much to alot of people, but that is huge weight loss for me! And its so easy!!! I cant believe I wasted so much time!

Ive done WW and got to goal so im a lifetime member, ive doen SW in the past and not had any losses, Rosemary Conley didnt really lose anything with that one. Did Lipotrim and lost 3 stone, ended up with gall stones due to rapid weight loss put weight back on. Discovered Dukan last year and lost about 30 lbs but got bored and joined up with SW again with a friend. Shes is doing fabulously losing 20 lbs in about 9 weeks where a im not doing too well, to be honest.

Ive done WW and got to goal so im a lifetime member, ive doen SW in the past and not had any losses, Rosemary Conley didnt really lose anything with that one. Did Lipotrim and lost 3 stone, ended up with gall stones due to rapid weight loss put weight back on. Discovered Dukan last year and lost about 30 lbs but got bored and joined up with SW again with a friend. Shes is doing fabulously losing 20 lbs in about 9 weeks where a im not doing too well, to be honest.

You know what they say 'slow and steady wins the race'. Yes I think it's a rubbish saying too :) But honestly you are losing so are doing incredibly well. It's a real pain when others lose faster but we will get there in the end.

I have done WW, cambridge, special k, slim fast, xenical and slim and save and to be honest i have struggled with all of them and just gave up until SW came along. I have done and stopped SW several times but always come back to it and it i was at the lowest weight i have been in a while on it and i love the fact that i can follow it while i am pregnant and not feel that deprived x

I've done WW, Rosemary Conley, Slimfast and calorie counting in the past. They didn't really work for me long term (obviously LOL) as I found them rather restrictive which = me feeling deprived which meant I rebelled and ate more... I do think WW and Rosemary Conley are good plans though and I always particularly liked the emphasis on exercise on RC. It's just a case of finding something that suits you and your lifestyle. A friend of mine has lost weight sucessfully on WW and maintained that loss for a long time. It is clearly a plan that suits her. SW is working well for me at the moment. I like the flexability, the simplicity and particularly the requirement to have HEs every day. On other diets I've avoided cheese like the plauge so it's so nice to be able to have some if I fancy it on SW and not feel guilty!

The diets I've tried are:

Slimming World -By far my favourite, more of a lifestyle change than a diet & very adaptable. Losses are much slower but at least I'm not hungry or feel like I'm dieting.

Weight Watchers - I was always hungry, had good losses but soon got bored through hunger.

Rosemary Conley - Great for quick weight loss or a boost when close to target. She has her own meals called Solo Slim which are good too. Classes are good value as they include a fitness class. Had excellent results from this plan.

Slim Fast - Easy for on the go and when you dont have time to make meals. Losses were pretty good.

The Biggest Loser - Shakes were tasty but not very filling. The soups are disgusting. Waste of money.

And I've tried slimming pills too, they were scary! Never again! xxxx

I've had my fair share too... I've done
weight watchers - never felt satisfied? Points went really quick
Slim and save - worked for a couple weeks got so bored and stopped, putting on all that id lost
Slimfast- did ok but got bored and craved sweet things, if u check the label they aren't healthy at all!
Juice diet - all raw foods and 3juices a day , was urging at the thought of another one by the 4th day
Gi diet - too much mucking around with numbers and how u cook it to change value etc
Metabolism miracle -very restrictive and unrealistic
Dukan - had amazing weightloss but got really lethargic and the constipation was unbearable (sorry, TMI!)
Slimming world - good steady losses. Joined first January 2011 and lost 1.5stone, never put that back on again, that's why im back. Need to lose the rest and this is the most sensible way.

Safe to say, I have a rather large stack of diet books!!! Xx

Wow I feel very inexperienced compared to everyone else, I've only ever done WW and SW! Scary to hear stories of gallstones etc - SW may be slower but at least it's actually good for you! My skin always goes really nice when I follow plan properly, so I take that as a sign that my body's happy with me :D

Wow I feel very inexperienced compared to everyone else, I've only ever done WW and SW! Scary to hear stories of gallstones etc - SW may be slower but at least it's actually good for you! My skin always goes really nice when I follow plan properly, so I take that as a sign that my body's happy with me :D

Yeah I always notice with my skin. The gallbladder attacks were very scary!! So painful. Was glad to have the thing removed. .... One diet I did forget... Slimming pills.... Never ever again. I didn't sleep, I was giddy, palpitations etc...! Not recommended ;)

Yeah I always notice with my skin. The gallbladder attacks were very scary!! So painful. Was glad to have the thing removed. .... One diet I did forget... Slimming pills.... Never ever again. I didn't sleep, I was giddy, palpitations etc...! Not recommended ;)

Were they prescribed ones?? My mum took them when she was younger and found out afterwards that they were basically just amphetamines!! :eek:

Were they prescribed ones?? My mum took them when she was younger and found out afterwards that they were basically just amphetamines!! :eek:

haha...it would not surprise me if that's what mine were basically?! I got them from one of those shops only muscle men go in on the high street.... All natural ingredients they said... Hmmmmmmmm!! I was a hot mess!!!
Only lost half a stone all in all just from water retention I think then it stopped and I had to come off them. Hideous. Never again..... Slimming world or nothing for me from now on.

How do you rate ww? I've never done it? X

Back