OTHER PEOPLE'S REACTION

angeleyes

:) Hi - not sure if any of you have experienced this but the few people I have told about the food plan have made some very negative comments about how such rapid weight loss cannot be good!!! etc.etc.

I met with my friend yesterday and was so excited to tell her about the plan but she was trying to put me off and said that the diet cannot be healthy.

My husband has also been a bit sceptical and has been trying to persuade me not to follow it but I REALLY want to shift the pounds and quickly and not just that, I think the plan would be good for me as I will learn to reducate myself about food and flavours etc. (once in maintenance stage)

Recently I have felt as though I am 'not in control' of my food consumption and total abstinence I think will be the key for me.

Have any of you had this problem re negative feedback? How have you handled it? Its hard when you really want to commit to the diet.

Had the same reaction time and time again. In the end I put it down to ignorance and/or jealousy!

They smirked on the other side of the faces, down 5 stone, and a size 12 from a 22/24, 6 months still doing ok!!!!!!!!!!

You do this for you hun, not what anyone else says!!!

Hi

I totally agree with CIRDT

When I started most peoples opinions were negative and it does get you down a bit, especially when your so excited about losing weight.

You'll learn to shrug it off, and as the weight comes off you won't care what they say:D :D :D

A couple of people who told me not to do it, are now doing it themselves...must admit to a bit of smug mode when they told me;)

Your doing this for you!

Tracey
x

People often criticise what they don't understand - but believe me, they will be eating their words in just a few weeks when they see how fab and HEALTHY you look!

Good For You Minilady!!! I Bet That Felt Great - What A Compliment To You That They Want To Go On The Same Diet. You Have Clearly Been Very Successful. How Long Have Oyu Been On The Plan? And How Much Weight Max Have You Lost?

The first few days are always a bit tough angel. But I know from past experience that things will get easier so I'm glugging the water and hoping the Ketosis fairy visits me soon :)

Thanks for asking :p

You certainly seem to know what your talking about and have very sound advice for us newcomers! Do you have a lot of weight to loose? I have about 4 1/2 stone to shift

I've lost 44lbs in 11 weeks. Nearly at goal, another 6lb to go, but may move the goal to 9 stone now I'm nearly there. I never thought I'd get this far. First week was a bit tough, and weekends were the hardest for me.

Just keep in mind the slim you for the summer and you'll breeze through it!

Tracey
x

Hello Minilady - well done on your fab results! I bet you can really see the results.

Are you planning on a vacation this year so that you can show off your new figure?

As a nurse I had reservations myself. But if your GP signed your form then it can't be dangerous. After all how safe is being overweight?
You go for it and follow your heart

I haven;t seen my CDC yet - that is next week. Do you have to have a doctor's signature to do the plan then?

You do for LL, but not sure about CD.

get negative comments all the time
i`ve given up telling people now
just makes me more determined to do this and show em all they were wrong
think they expect me to give up like i have on other diets but i an a stubborn cow and i wont give in till i am at least 5 stone down

sod em all i say

kaz xxx

You certainly seem to know what your talking about and have very sound advice for us newcomers! Do you have a lot of weight to loose? I have about 4 1/2 stone to shift

At my heaviest I had 12st to lose ... I started CD last year and went well until Christmas. Had a 'festive' time :eek: but got back on track in the New Year. A Depo Provera jab in Feb put the skids under everything and so here I am with 5st still to lose <sigh!>

Ah well - better than 12st eh? :)

Everyone thinks its making me ill and my sister is uncomfotable but at the end of the day its up to me to prove people wrong x

I used to get loads of negitive comments & stupid one but those people are now having to eat their words....

I thought you might like to read a post i wrote back on jan this year (& i had lost as much weight then as i have now)

I've never been any good at accepting compliments but the other night at work i really enjoyed it....

One of my collegues is the type of lady that is very pretty, all the men fancy her, and gawd she knows it, she's not happy unless the attention is on her. When i first went on LL she made silly comments like "whats the point" and 2that sounds like a stupid diet, it'll never work" she would enjoy flashing food in front of me all the time, with comments like "oh, you can't have this, can you?". I haven'tworked with her for about 6 weeks and this week when she saw me she said "are you still on your stupid diet? Is it working? strange how she is the only one NOT to see the weight loss.

Well as the night went on one of our one duty doctors came onto the ward (most of the women fancy the ar*e off im), i also haven't seen him since i first began LL ( when i first started he was very supportive) he looked and me and said " hello, haven't seen you for ages, i see the diet is going really well?!.....looking good" i felt a little embarassed but it felt great because the MISS I LOVE MYSELF gave me a filthy look and returned with "Ha yer but will you keep it off when you start eating?"

Doc said to her "don't be ridicous course she will" again she didn't like it because for once the attention was not on her....LOL

When you get situation like that it makes it all worth it........And for once i accepted the complement.

xxx

I did return to eating for about 4/6 weeks as i had been unwell (nothing to do with a VLCD may i add), yes i did put a little on but that was my own stupidity i ate anything & everything!!! LOL....

You do what right for you hun & ignore the silly comments, people just don't understand the way these type of diet work & don't understand that our body gets all the nutrients & vitamins it needs to stay HEALTHY....

Good luck we are all here to support you...:grouphugg:

xxx

Back