other ppl commebtd

Little_Jade

Do u find that wen u bring in ur healthy food to work ppl feel the need to comment on what your eating!
Was eating ryvita with cottage chs n kale for lunch was lovely!
Someone walked in and said oh i c ur having cardboard baby sick n leaves 4 lunch!
How rude is that? Do I come in and makes comments about your pasty n packets of crisps!!! No

Don't you just love clever people :rolleyes: Maybe you should comment on their vile lunch :D (I'm only jealous)

It's jealousy! Your reply should be something along the lines of my lunch looks like this because I have self control over my diet - and actually baby sick tastes quite nice ;) xxx

Some people are just so rude aren't they! I used to work in a pub and I used to do a tea-time shift. It was all pretty easy going and when I was on one of my past diets, i liked to eat at a certain time, so would take a salad in a box. A man (who was in EVERY night till he rolled out) said to me 'Eating again eh'....to which I replied 'Drinking again eh'....he shut up and never said anything again. Not great customer service, but hey!

I haven't encountered this yet as I'm a stay at home mum/carer for my youngest daughter/also just had a baby lol so I'm not in a work environment but I wouldn't be able to hold my tongue whatsoever. Everyone around me has been really supportive, but believe me if I ever got any smart arse comments the offender would be knocked right into their box. If someone gives me gob, they'll get twice as much back. Difference being my gob will have fewer chins.

I'm pretty lucky, I get fed at work, and can always choose something that is SW friendly, mainly cold meat / fish and salad, or jacket, beans & salad, so far ( over a year) I've not had any food related comments, only things like " oh, I thought you liked curry, lasagne, shepherds pie" etc - so I just tell them I fancied ....whatever I've chosen
I can miss out the cakes, sweets etc with a " Oh, I'll have one later"

Back