Our consultant is joining our group

Sophs

SW Angels founder member
Just as the title says. Last night she announced she wants to lose another 2 stones so has decided to join our group so will be joining in with us at weigh in and at body image which I think is cool.... She does several classes but is joining ours which is even nicer.

Anyone elses have done this?

Oh also she said she had a complaint last week. There were some new starters and they said they didn't like the fact that we go around around and say what we've lost or put and how we can rectify it for the next week which I think is mad because it's that, that helps me to focus on the week ahead....Anyway she is still going to be doing as we all said that is what we want to do so it's pretty tough poo if they don't like it

I think its a good idea that your consultant is joining you again. I do know that consultants have to be weighed anyway and keep their weight in check.
My consultant never used to say how much we had gained, just would say that we had a hiccup and did we know what caused it and can anyone give some ideas to help. I thought this was a better way of doing it.
Many, many years ago when I was 15 I joined a class with Mum and if you gained weight the Consultant used to make you stand up and ask you what you had done!!! I am so glad those days are over!

Hi Sophs

Our Consultant doesn't weigh herself during the class.. well I've never seen her, but the lady who weighs all of us she is part of the group too, and weighs herself just before she joins us for Image Therapy.. I think it's nice when they are part of the group and join in.. it feels more "real". Although this week during Image Therapy I looked across at her and she had fallen asleep LOL She had that noddy head thing going on at first, then 2 minutes later she was out of it.. :4635: LOL I did laugh, and also hoped the C hadn't noticed.

Oh also she said she had a complaint last week. There were some new starters and they said they didn't like the fact that we go around around and say what we've lost or put and how we can rectify it for the next week which I think is mad because it's that, that helps me to focus on the week ahead....Anyway she is still going to be doing as we all said that is what we want to do so it's pretty tough poo if they don't like it

How can they complain about that!! That's what Image Therapy is all about!!!

My consultant won't always say how much people have gained, she just says "you've had a small gain this week"

Some people hey!! :D

Lol thats funny Tracee...

If we have put on we just say why and it's mostly because of a bad weekend or total indulgence which makes us laugh but not in a patronizing way because we all have weeks like that and we can all laugh about it.

How can they complain about that!! That's what Image Therapy is all about!!!

My consultant won't always say how much people have gained, she just says "you've had a small gain this week"

Some people hey!! :D

That's what my consultant does too

It's good to hear what people have lost. And if we have a gain she doesn't say how much but says how much you have lost in total so turning a negative into a possitive. She always makes sure we know why we have gained though

It's good to hear what people have lost. And if we have a gain she doesn't say how much but says how much you have lost in total so turning a negative into a possitive. She always makes sure we know why we have gained though

Exactly the same as my consultant. The whole point of it is to for people to talk and see if they can work out why they lost etc and for others to talk about their experiences.

If they don't like it then they're joing the wrong organisation!!!

Our Consultant doesn't weigh herself during the class.. well I've never seen her, but the lady who weighs all of us she is part of the group too, and weighs herself just before she joins us for Image Therapy.. I think it's nice when they are part of the group and join in.. it feels more "real".

You know, it's funny but it works both ways. I do the weigh-ins for my group, and I find that doing it actually helps keep my mind more focussed - there's also an element of feeling somehow like I have to set a good example! :giggle:

Our consultant joined our group a few of weeks ago. She originally lost 5 stone to get to target then became a consultant. Over Christmas she's put about 10lbs back on so she wants it off, so she joins in our WI's and tells herself off in front of us when she has a little oops. She is a fantastic consultant. Probably the best one I've had run a class.

Helen, I agree with you about the good example. I take the class fee's and a lot of people ask how I've done before they hand over their cash LOL. They often confess their sins to me to before they get on the scales LOL.

We do have one lady who doesn't like her losses read out, so she had a word with our consultant and so she just skips her in image therapy, unless she gets an award or SotW, in which case she still doesn't do the therapy, just hands out her award or certificate.

Back