Out of date bars

Discussion in 'Exante' started by Laurie, 12 February 2011 Social URL.

1. Laurie

Laurie MM addict

Diet:
    Slim and Save
    Hi all I've about 50 bars left over from when I did Exante at the end of last year! The only problem is they're dated the 21st feb' 11. What's your thoughts on this. To be honest I can't afford to just buy more, I didn't realise they were going out... It's a case of use this or forget the diet until I can afford more supplies :-( xxx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    You shouldn't have packs or bars once they're past their date. I had a similar dilemma with ones that expired in Jan.

Surely you won't have to stop the diet though you'll just get through your shakes/soups faster

4. justgina

justgina taking it 1 day at a time

Start Weight:
    12st5.6lb
    Current Weight:
    11st5.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13.8lb(7.95%)
    Diet:
    IF/5:2/juddd......
    To be honest I'd get on and use them. I used to work in the food industry and the dates we put on our products were very conservative (we're talking months on some cases, years in others).
    If you start having one a day now you'll have finished them 5 weeks after the date.
    If you're concerned about the degradation of some of the vitamins and minerals you could take a good quality tablet as insurance.

5. xEeyore

xEeyore Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st9lb
    Lost(%):
    4st3lb(25.54%)
    Diet:
    Exante / Ki Fit
    I personally would eat them...

6. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I contacted Exante and asked them and they said not to. You have no way of knowing what nutrients you're not getting in full.. Personally I felt when I'm on so few cals and this diet is so strict that it wasn't worth it

7. Laurie

Laurie MM addict

Diet:
    Slim and Save
    Hi thank you all for your comments. I'm still undecided on what to do. Hats down to whoever just has soups and shakes because I couldn't do that I'm one of those that enjoys my nightly treat! I couldn't stomach 3 sachets a day and no food! The reason why I may have to stop is money I don't want to come to the end of my 'in date' bars and not be able to carry on until I get paid. Unfortunately I'm not in a position to have money readily available to replenish stock. I work everything around my pay day at work. Having these out of date bars really has thrown a spanner in the works for me!
    Does anyone know if these bars are used by or best before??
    Thanks again everyone very helpful xxx

8. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
  9. spyro2008

spyro2008 I will never give up

Start Weight:
    17st5.6lb
    Current Weight:
    16st6.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12.8lb(5.25%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world ee
    i would just use them theyre not gonna harm you from being a few weeks out of date if it was from last year then id be a bit weary but they would be fine ive used packs that were months out of date before and im still here. you could always add a multi vitamin.

10. babs11

babs11 Full Member

hi, they'll be fine to eat, they are made to last. have they been stored away from sunlight and heat? checked with my oh he's a chef. exante would have to say no to cover themselves and to sell you more!!!

11. babystar31

babystar31 Gold Member

Id eat them personally. Obviously no company responsible for them will advice u to eat them but like someone said there is always a period that they will still be ok after....and with dried prodcts its usually quite a while x

12. SummerRain

SummerRain Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st4lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st12lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11lb(12.5%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    I would eat them to!

13. theoldme

theoldme Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Tesco Sugar Free still Flavoured Water & Multi Vitamin.

yep...x

14. Laurie

Laurie MM addict

Diet:
    Slim and Save
    well i think my minds made up thanks everyone xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.