Out of date bars

Laurie

MM addict
Hi all I've about 50 bars left over from when I did Exante at the end of last year! The only problem is they're dated the 21st feb' 11. What's your thoughts on this. To be honest I can't afford to just buy more, I didn't realise they were going out... It's a case of use this or forget the diet until I can afford more supplies :-( xxx

To be honest I'd get on and use them. I used to work in the food industry and the dates we put on our products were very conservative (we're talking months on some cases, years in others).
If you start having one a day now you'll have finished them 5 weeks after the date.
If you're concerned about the degradation of some of the vitamins and minerals you could take a good quality tablet as insurance.

Hi thank you all for your comments. I'm still undecided on what to do. Hats down to whoever just has soups and shakes because I couldn't do that I'm one of those that enjoys my nightly treat! I couldn't stomach 3 sachets a day and no food! The reason why I may have to stop is money I don't want to come to the end of my 'in date' bars and not be able to carry on until I get paid. Unfortunately I'm not in a position to have money readily available to replenish stock. I work everything around my pay day at work. Having these out of date bars really has thrown a spanner in the works for me!
Does anyone know if these bars are used by or best before??
Thanks again everyone very helpful xxx

i would just use them theyre not gonna harm you from being a few weeks out of date if it was from last year then id be a bit weary but they would be fine ive used packs that were months out of date before and im still here. you could always add a multi vitamin.

hi, they'll be fine to eat, they are made to last. have they been stored away from sunlight and heat? checked with my oh he's a chef. exante would have to say no to cover themselves and to sell you more!!!

Id eat them personally. Obviously no company responsible for them will advice u to eat them but like someone said there is always a period that they will still be ok after....and with dried prodcts its usually quite a while x

I would eat them to!

hi, they'll be fine to eat, they are made to last. have they been stored away from sunlight and heat? checked with my oh he's a chef. exante would have to say no to cover themselves and to sell you more!!!

yep...x

Back