Overweight could earn £1,750 from slimming on NHS

Jim

Big Boy
Overweight people could be paid up to £1,750 for slimming under the latest trial involving NHS trusts and privately-run schemes.

Hmm, could be interesting.

LINK HERE

I'd like to think that this is a good idea, but losing weight and keeping it off is a complex issue. I only wish it was as easy as getting paid.

It's quite clever really, after playing around with the available 'plans' on the website, I can see that on some plans, what you get back (if you complete the plan successfully) is exactly what you paid over the course to do it in the first place. Some plans do actually give you some cash back - but they are banking on the knowledge that a lot of people will not, and cannot stick to a diet. This plan requires you to lose on such a strict basis - and then MAINTAIN for a certain amount of time also. If you drop out for any reason except a certified medical condition, or pregnancy, you will not get any money, will not be refunded any membership fees, and will have to continue to pay monthly fees regardless of you not being on the plan anymore.

So, while it may be a good motivator on the surface, and may work for some - I'd say read the fine print first. ;)

LOL, good point Minerva, well spotted.

I agree with Minerva, although its a shame that last January I didn't have a crystal ball to see into the future - if I had I would have joined and would have earned £655 less fees of £330 = profit of £325!!

Back