Pain in abdomen? medical

cyberjelly

:confused:This is bit of a bit medical issue but I'm unsure what it is and should I be worried?

I have now started to wear a belt as my jeans are too big, its not a large buckle but for most of the afternoon I have not had it done up (not been out so no chance of them falling down). This is because my stomach hurts around my belly button.
Then when I went in shower washing over that area can feel a lump above where my belly button is, it feel sore to the touch as well. Also sitting, without sitting bolt upright hurrts.:(

Could this be something more than just the belt? My stomach also seems to be sticking out quite a bit.

Any help?
Was thinking may call into the walk in centre after weigh in tomorrow evening.

Don't panic! It could be a number of things, but sounds a bit like an umbilical hernia, you DO need to see a doctor especially if the pain is more than a dull mild ache. IF the pain is moderate see a doctor immediately.

Or call NHS Direct as soon as possible xxx

I am allergic to all sorts of metals and often suffer with a similar lump near to belt buckles/buttons/clasps/even the little pully bits on bra straps. It's just inflammation from the allergy in my case- although it looks far more serious because it's a massive, hard lump.

But that doesn't mean it's the same for you- If you are worried you need to see someone.

Thanks for your repliesw.

Have decided to go to the walk in centre today as could not sleep on my front last night as it was too painfull.

Lets wait and see.

Sorry but don't read if your squeemish.

The nurse pushed on my belly to have a look and a nice big blob of pus oused out of it.

So swab taken, plasters given to keep it cover with a nice big can of iodine spray to keep it clean. Now to wait for results to decide what antibiotics to give me.

Thanks again for all the replies.

Oh sweetie! Abscesses are horrid! Keep an eye on your temp! If it goes up any go back for some broad spectrums just so it doesn't get worse/make you ill.

I have hidradenitis suppurativa so I get abscesses rather regularly. Feel better soon!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back