• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Pain in lower back (kidney area) after drinking too much water!!

I managed to drink 1 litre in less than an hour because i really want to drink more water and lose more weight. But now i have pain in my lower back in the areas where my kidneys are. I started to feel it when i was waiting for my sis to finish her bath so i could go loo.

Maybe holding it in caused the pain :confused:

I am posting about it because i am abit worried about the pain :( and was wondering if anyone has had similar experiences and what they did about it.:confused:

Also, how does everybody manage to drink 3/4 litres of water when being out and about so much:confused: I am ok when i am college because there is a loo nearby, but when i want to go out, even for a walk in the park, i get worried that i will be rushing home 5 mins later to go to the loo?? I had to hold in my pee for 20 minutes this morning when i was rushing home from town, it was killing me :( .

Thanks in advance. :)

xx

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

Pinkdiamond

Is it nearly October yet?
Hi there, the pain in your back is due to holding it in yes. 1litre in an hour is quite a lot, you should maybe space it out a bit more.

On the peeing front I can totally sympathise, my job involves driving and spending time in other peoples houses who dont always have the cleanest of loos :( so it gets very tricky sometimes. To be honest I get really fed up with going to the toilet so much, it sometimes puts me off drinking but I know that is silly and will affect the diet.

Please be careful minor kidney problems can lead to major ones later in life..xxx

Hi there, the pain in your back is due to holding it in yes. 1litre in an hour is quite a lot, you should maybe space it out a bit more.

On the peeing front I can totally sympathise, my job involves driving and spending time in other peoples houses who dont always have the cleanest of loos :( so it gets very tricky sometimes. To be honest I get really fed up with going to the toilet so much, it sometimes puts me off drinking but I know that is silly and will affect the diet.

Please be careful minor kidney problems can lead to major ones later in life..xxx
I thought it was because i had to hold it in but it just scared me. The pain is starting to get less tho.

I just wanted to try get as much water in as i could today and i know i wouldnt be possible to do that being out and about.

I'll try to sort out some sort of plan. I want to drink at least 3 litres a day.

Thank you for the help. I hope you manage to stick to the water and find some way to cope with travelling all the time.

xx :)

Pinkdiamond

Is it nearly October yet?
Maybe we should invest in Portaloos?? LOL

hi its so odd you posted this coz i had really awfull pain in my kidneys when i first started the c.d the other week

oooooo they throbbed i was told to drink more water though
to flush them out

*fingers crossed it has'nt came back*

pompeyfan

S: 12st9lb C: 12st9lb G: 10st9lb Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
I totally sympathise with needing the loo being inconvienient, it drives me mad.
I pour 2 litres of fresh water into a empty 2 litre bottle each evening before bed so it's lovely & chilled for the next day. When that's gone (usually by early afternoon) I refill and aim to finish that 2nd bottle before bed. That way I get 4 litres spread out & it's always cold & fresh. If I'm going out I always take a 1 litre bottle with me.
Spread it out but keep at it, water is the answer to combating the hunger as well as necessary for the weight loss.

Ivy

Silver Member
Be careful with the water missis! a litre an hour is abit much particularly if you are getting pains, get a small bottle - them sports ones are great and sup slowly through the morning stretch, another in the after stretch etc.

I do know what you mean though about acually going to the toilet all the time, incredible. Would love to have a nappy on at times!

Ivy

Thanks guys, i think i just need to spread it out more in the day. I think i will prob get 3 litres in today. I'll stick with that for a few days and then trt to move to 4 litres.

Hope everyone is doing well on the diet.

xx :)