Paleo life

I know that feeling - this year alone I've tried 2 vlcds, dukan, Atkins, calorie counting and diet chef! Primal was like coming home. A way of eating that lets me feel that satisfyingly full belly, rather than going to bed hungry, that doesn't insist on breakfast, that I can have high fat, previously banned food on, and that, scientifically at least, makes sense! I've not been able to listen to my body before, because I didn't understand why I was craving high fat foods or to eat until
I'm properly full. Now I do.

And even better, I've had to cut back on exercise! Result!!!

I have my fingers crossed you'll find what I've found in this way of eating x off to have a bath :)

Think I might give Whole 30 a go. Sounds like I'm almost there anyway. Would just need to cut out the ordinary butter and occasional bit of yoghurt that I have at the moment. As it's not much different and only 30 days would be interesting to see if it makes any significant difference.

I also like the fact that they tell you not to weigh until the 30 days is over!

It may be too much information but just like to share... the transit issues have well and truly resolved since changing diets. 4 visits yesterday and 1 already this morning. What a relief!

greeneyedhippychick said:
It may be too much information but just like to share... the transit issues have well and truly resolved since changing diets. 4 visits yesterday and 1 already this morning. What a relief!

Haha good stuff ...I'll have a look at that whole30 not actually ever looked into that one x

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

How's your day been ????

Just joining in to say hello and more votes for primal - now i've stopped counting carbs or cals life feels far more relaxed:). I'm probably more strictly low carb than many because that makes me feel great but less good at avoiding some of the processed stuff - joseph pittas and ciacocarb biscuits my treats:D

B - 2 slices bacon, 1 egg, 1 portabello mushroom, crunchy oven roasted kale and a banana
S - Full fat yoghurt, 1 peach
L - Left over chilli beef and cauliflower rice
S - Strawberries, grapes, pine nuts
D - Basa fillet, stir fried cabbage, mushrooms, peppers, garlic

All going well Nicola. Seem to be eating an awful lot but also enjoying it a lot! Shopping just arrived so lots of lovely food stocked up now. Happy bunny.

Just joining in to say hello and more votes for primal - now i've stopped counting carbs or cals life feels far more relaxed:). I'm probably more strictly low carb than many because that makes me feel great but less good at avoiding some of the processed stuff - joseph pittas and ciacocarb biscuits my treats:D
Hello Katie! Thanks for popping by. Loving my Primal Life :heartpump:

Spice rubbed chicken thighs are already in the oven cooking for lunch. That crispy skin is going to taste amazing! Just about to start on the lamb casserole for dinner. Thinking I'll put some carrots, onions, butternut squash and leeks in there. Add some lentils for the others when I've removed my share.

On a different note... I have been sleeping amazingly well the last couple of nights. Like a baby. Not sure if it's just coincidence. I feel a bit brighter in myself and the scales are heading down again. I am in love with Paleo.

Forgot to mention breakfast...

Eggs florentine, banana, strawberry and white peaches in full fat yoghurt.

O your food sounds amazing ...yum crispy skin (heaven) ....I feel so much better too after only a few days imagine how we'll feel after a few weeks, month, year x

Just checking in....

All going well. Could do without the darn rain though. When will it stop???

Breakfast - spinach and bacon frittata
Lunch - lamb casserole
Snack - peach, apple, macadamia nuts
Dinner - sirloin steak, asparagus, roasted peppers,onions, butternut squash

Probably be another snack in there later as well. Tired today but got a few days leave so chance to relax, do a bit of yoga and recharge those batteries.

greeneyedhippychick said:
Just checking in....

All going well. Could do without the darn rain though. When will it stop???

Breakfast - spinach and bacon frittata
Lunch - lamb casserole
Snack - peach, apple, macadamia nuts
Dinner - sirloin steak, asparagus, roasted peppers,onions, butternut squash

Probably be another snack in there later as well. Tired today but got a few days leave so chance to relax, do a bit of yoga and recharge those batteries.

That looks sooo yummy!

I do love food Phoenyx!

Just done day 1 of 30 Day Shred. Not sure I'll make day 2. Nearly killed me :faint2:

Hello-so glad to have found some more paleo/primal dieters.
I've been loosely following a primal diet since February when I started at a fat loss bootcamp and the pt there pushes primal eating and introduced me to the paleo way of living. I've had some amazing losses-especially when I'm fasting (which is near on a way of life for me now). I have been known to lose 8.5lbs in a week on more than one occasion and now I'm nearing my target weight im determined not to fall off the wagon anymore :)

Phoenyx said:
That's what I do, but not daily, more like 3-4 times a week :)

When I reach my target weight which tbh isn't far away il cut it down to just weekdays I think,hoping that aslong as I keep up my exercise then it'l be easy to maintain x

Back