Paleo life

greeneyedhippychick said:
Running behind here....

Yesterday's menu...

Breakfast - black farmer sausage, 2 eggs, 2 slices bacon, fried tomatoes, garlic mushrooms

Lunch - butternut squash soup (improvised on this; squash, carrot, celery, swede, onion, coconut milk, chicken stock) was really nice

Snack - blueberries, mango, peach, pecan and macadamia nuts

Dinner - vietnamese warm duck salad (really didn't think this was going to work while mixing sauce but it was delicious

Omg yum can I move in ;)

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Bounced out of bed at 6 o'clock this morning. Not sure why. Actually relieved though as for a few weeks I've been struggling to get out of bed in the morning. Wonder whether the improvement is to do with the change in diet? Anyway was doing my hour of yoga by 7 o'clock, had breakfast, been shopping (raining surprise, surprise) had lunch, and prepped dinner already. It's Sunday roast today as I worked yesterday.

Breakfast - little gem lettuce, avocado, bacon sugardrop tomatoes

Lunch - honeyroast ham, avocado (all ripened at once!) homemade coleslaw

Dinner - roast lamb, carrots, broccoli, mashed swede, roasted sweet potato

May have a wee glass of red today ;)

Going to get another hour of yoga done this evening (kundalini for a change).

Omg yum can I move in ;)

Ha ha. I have found a new passion for cooking since starting Paleo. Loving it. In fact feeling more positive all round.

Ha ha. I have found a new passion for cooking since starting Paleo. Loving it. In fact feeling more positive all round.

I understand I got really lazy doing dukan ...im gonna make a spicy lamb stew this week in my slow cooker (my mouths watering already )...good food makes you feel amazing doesn't it x

That's just men! I don't think they're really sure what they want most of the time.

I definitely feel more positive but haven't discovered a passion for cooking yet! Going to use the summer holidays to develop a 2-week term time cooking plan so I'm all organised on a week night. That'll help!

I understand I got really lazy doing dukan ...im gonna make a spicy lamb stew this week in my slow cooker (my mouths watering already )...good food makes you feel amazing doesn't it x

Spicy lamb stew sounds delicious Nicola. When I did a few weeks of Paleo last year (as pre holiday weight loss) I just didn't embrace it wholeheartedly. This time it seems like a whole new world has opened up to me. So many things I want to make. I'm being a bit of a drama queen here but it's like an epiphany.

Spicy lamb stew sounds delicious Nicola. When I did a few weeks of Paleo last year (as pre holiday weight loss) I just didn't embrace it wholeheartedly. This time it seems like a whole new world has opened up to me. So many things I want to make. I'm being a bit of a drama queen here but it's like an epiphany.

Not a drama queen - that's exactly how I feel...the matrix, I've taken the red pill and there's no going back :)

Phoenyx said:
Not a drama queen - that's exactly how I feel...the matrix, I've taken the red pill and there's no going back :)

I agree no drama queen that's just how I feel :)

Love the matrix viewpoint - agree that the world has completely changed for me.....but strange to see everyone else doing what they did before!

Glad you don't all think I'm just a bit bonkers! Today's menu is not planned at all! Guess I've had a bit of a mini fast as just had breakfast. Thought I'd do my yoga early today and had a look at Shiva Rea's Radiant Heart (rejoined Lovefilm and got it through on loan this morning). So glad I didn't buy it. Not for me at all! So after wasting time looking at that I reverted to Jayne Middlemass's Love Yoga (good workout and as a bonus Jayne doesn't utter a word throughout). All in all that took up most of my morning!

So this post will have to be updated through the day as I figure out what I'm going to eat. So far...

Breakfast (at quarter past 12?) - tried a paleo 'porridge' made from blended pecans, brazils, macadamias, banana, coconut milk, cinnamon served over raspberries and black cherries. Was pretty good and nice for a change.

Hi there, I'm starting with the Primal blueprint way of eating today! I'm always conscious if I am eating correctly! I have done slimming world for the past year on and off but I am going to start CrossFit training and so "eating clean" is going to play a huge part in its success!

So good to know there is support here! I will try my best to keep an updated diary of my food! Good luck

Stazo said:
Hi there, I'm starting with the Primal blueprint way of eating today! I'm always conscious if I am eating correctly! I have done slimming world for the past year on and off but I am going to start CrossFit training and so "eating clean" is going to play a huge part in its success!

So good to know there is support here! I will try my best to keep an updated diary of my food! Good luck

O fantastic welcome and good luck to you too x ive felt so much better since starting have to know get into this crossfit too ...looking forward to your diary x

Thanks for the post and welcome to your new lifestyle. I'm pretty sure you're going to love it as much as I do (is that possible? hmmm). Really looking forward to reading your diary. Good luck and keep in touch! xxx

Update on today's menu

Lunch (very late lunch) leftover coleslaw and avocado. Haven't really been very hungry today but in true tight northerner style I didn't want to throw good food away!

Dinner - Lasagna. Made normal lasagna for the OH and various teenagers that seem to have decided they live here. Adapted mine with courgette layers instead of the pasta. I do have the white sauce in there but guess this forms part of the 80/20 rule so that's all good.

Hello! Can I join? After months of faffing about trying to get back to my ideal weight post-Christmas with various vlcds and Atkins,I'm back low carbing. I can't say I'm paleo-ing as I like my soya and legumes too much, but otherwise am pretty much there...

Course you can welcome aboard x

Hello! Can I join? After months of faffing about trying to get back to my ideal weight post-Christmas with various vlcds and Atkins,I'm back low carbing. I can't say I'm paleo-ing as I like my soya and legumes too much, but otherwise am pretty much there...
Yay! Of course you can! Another lovely new friend for my journey :bighug:

Are you going to start a new thread for your Paleo journey or use An existing one?

Last edited:
Yum! Sounds fab. And 80/20 it is! I had a very non paleo soya cappuccino today!

Hey spanglymum! It was your influence that took me onto low carb after vcld (you mentioned it on the lighter life forum months ago) so delighted to see you here :) You doing aktins or paleo or another? or your own low carb?

Back