Paleo life

Breakfast - bacon and eggs

Snack - green plums, nectarine, apple

Dinner - roast chicken, roast sweet potatoes and parsnips, broccoli, carrot and swede

greeneyedhippychick said:
Awwww! Thank you! I have a lot to be happy about I guess, though I do have my down times as well. C'est la vie. Kind of missed yesterday on the food diary front. Missed breakfast yesterday. Wasn't particularly hungry until lunchtime. So really didn't eat an awful lot yesterday...

Lunch - leftover lasagna from evening before
Dinner - basa fillet, prawns, courgette and broccoli steamed in lime, thai fish sauce, chilli and garlic
Snack - macadamia nuts, smoothie made from strawberries, raspberries and coconut milk

This morning I was starving!

Breakfast - scrambled eggs and honey roast ham, nectarines

Dinner (cooking at the moment) - roasted belly pork, roasted vegetables (mixture of all the leftover ones in fridge- onions, leeks, tomatoes, butternut squash, swede, peppers) with diced chorizo mixed in. It's the end of the week and a few days til pay day still!

Just been looking at an online site which delivers organic, grass reared meats. I've been a bit concerned about using the bog standard meats from Tesco as I'm aware it's far from ideal. The prices are higher but not outrageous and they offer lots of more unusual meats like goat, venison, etc. I think I might give them a whirl.

Yoga is still going swimmingly. I'm alternating the different DVDs to mix it up and get the benefits from the different styles (my abs hurt!) Hope I can manage to sustain this routine when I'm back at work next week. Think I'm probably going to struggle as it's the dreaded night shifts when I go back.

Hope you're all having a fab and groovy day xxx

Do you have a local farm shop? Thats where I get my grass fed meat :)

Probably do Phoenix but I'm a non driver so not easy to get to. The online stuff looks pretty good though and a lot of it is quite reasonable so will give it a go (after payday, roll on Wednesday).

Today's menu....

Breakfast - Paleo porridge (I really love this) made from cashews, pecans, banana, peaches and coconut milk blended into a porridge. This really seems to fill me up for a very long time. Hence...

Dinner - late - thai warm duck salad (ate half, felt full, not like me at all!) On night shifts for the next three nights so taking remainder with me for a snack along with some fruit and a couple of free range eggs to make scrambled eggs if hungry.

Been on the go all day. My energy is through the roof at the moment. Hope I'm going to make it through the night. Roll on 8am.

greeneyedhippychick said:
Today's menu....

Breakfast - Paleo porridge (I really love this) made from cashews, pecans, banana, peaches and coconut milk blended into a porridge. This really seems to fill me up for a very long time. Hence...

Dinner - late - thai warm duck salad (ate half, felt full, not like me at all!) On night shifts for the next three nights so taking remainder with me for a snack along with some fruit and a couple of free range eggs to make scrambled eggs if hungry.

Been on the go all day. My energy is through the roof at the moment. Hope I'm going to make it through the night. Roll on 8am.

Ooh I love the sound of your porridge! How do you make it?

Yes I like the sound of that too! Recipe please :)

Porridge is really quick and easy. First choose your desired nuts! Can use anything I guess but I tend to go for a mild creamy one (macadamias, cashews) in combination with a stronger tasting one (brazils, pecans, etc). Put them in blender till ground up reasonably fine then add the banana and coconut milk and blend again. Finally add whichever fruit you fancy but leave it in larger pieces, I really like strawberries and raspberries. Enjoy!

That porridge really does sound amazing!

I'm very very new to this (first day today!) and I'm not sure what I'm following, paleo or primal, but I like it. Coconut milk is allowed? Wow! I might have to run out and get some. Oh yes - I just realised I can make proper korma again now, woohoo!

Blaze said:

I'm very very new to this (first day today!) and I'm not sure what I'm following, paleo or primal, but I like it. Coconut milk is allowed? Wow! I might have to run out and get some. Oh yes - I just realised I can make proper korma again now, woohoo!

O yeah it's allowed ...enjoy :)

Welcome to the wonderful and tasty world of Paleo Blaze!

My mind is blown, I have to admit! Butter? FAT?! Fat is... Good? *does not compute*

Night shifts. All back to front. Managed about 3 hours sleep today. Was too sunny, too warm and too noisy!

Breakfast - guacamole, 2 plums

Lunch - salad (rocket, tomatoes, cucumber, asparagus, prawns, mayonnaise)

Snacks - pink lady apple. black grapes, blueberries, banana, paleo 'muffins' (baked eggs, chopped up bacon, red peppers, mushrooms and red onions)

Blaze said:
My mind is blown, I have to admit! Butter? FAT?! Fat is... Good? *does not compute*

Yeah that's a hard concept for me too .....trying x

Sounds an 'interesting' breakfast ;) what do you do workwise?

I'm a nurse. Do roughly one week of night shifts a month. Horrible things.

There are so many things to eat with Paleo. I don't think I'll ever get bored with it. It feels natural to me.

Thankfully the night shifts are over for another 3 weeks. Slept badly for the last 3 days. Roughly ten hours sleep during the whole period. Quite frankly they make me feel like poo. Looking forward to an early night and some proper sleep. I would really like not to have to do them anymore. It's hard to exercise (and I don't think I really should) after a couple of hours sleep. My whole routine is upset for a good week with them.

Anyway, enough of the moaning. I now have 3 days off to get back into routine and sort myself out!

Hmmmm.... now what to eat today. Decisions, decisions.

Breakfast was kind of what I had left (Tesco delivery has just arrived. Whoop whoop) so had gluten free Black Farmer sausages and eggs.

Snack (while just putting shopping away :)) macadamia nuts, clementine and galia melon.

Lunch - big green salad with spinach, lambs lettuce, rocket, fresh coriander and tuna in balsamic dressing.

Dinner i think will be - pork chops, mashed carrot and butternut squash, green cabbage.

Not sure if I'll manage to fit all that in today. Will see how it progresses.

Full english and roast dinner today. I blooming love Sundays.

Back