Paleo & Pilates

I weigh every day/every few days so that I weigh! I know that sounds silly but it is simply to make me do it at all. I've been doing it so long the daily fluctuations don't bother me. I know that if I weighed every sat for example I would forget, especially if I wasn't dieting, and then I would be in the same situation I was in 5+ years ago!

Same with Pilates practise - if I don't aim to do it every day then it won't get done. I was better this week as I practised twice - in the days immediately following the 1-2-1 and then I skipped a day...and then it turned into two...and then a week! Got another 1-2-1 session in 20 mins so that will re-set the week! Hopefully I will do better and doing it at home this week...These sessions are expensive and I really need to get myself into a class at least twice a week if I am going to make a real difference with this.

Discovered that myfitnesspal has a bar code scanner (that actually works - well it did with the packet of Waitrose prawns I just had). Exciting times!

I really like your approach to this Cavegirl. Having a basic formula as to what you eat most of the time but not obsessing about being 100% all the time - makes it sustainable longterm.

Better go to Pilates!

Pilates was really good today - I could definitely feel that I was better at it and I felt stronger. Looking to join one or her mat classes on a Wednesday as well now - just need to wait for a space.

MFP also had a positive effect - approx Kcals came in at 1500 I ate dinner (chicken stir fry) really early as I had such a small lunch and that worked well. Even did some baking with DS and tried some guilt free and with no interest in having more.

Just realised it is ages since I visited this diary!

I am now recording what I eat in MFP - with increasing accuracy and precision. I am pretty convinced that it will be crucial for long-term success. Definitely getting easier and I am now aware of my standard portion sizes etc.

Found a 15 min Darcey Bussell Pilates mini program - so I am actually practising pilates at home now :) I am aiming for a 20 min dog walk followed by this before breakfast each day. Proud of myself doing it today but I'll be even prouder if I manage it on Monday!

Small steps but all steps forward.

I am also trying to stay off the internet a bit more (and actually do stuff instead), so I guess it is good that I haven't been here in a while!

Back