Paleolicious

Whooops forgot to say I took the plunge and now have a gym membership! Its for swimming and fitness classes not actually the gym but committed now lol! Want to try get to pilates or yoga each week and a swim on the weekends, fingers crossed I can keep up some level of exercise.

Cool about your gym membership - hope you enjoy those pilates/yoga classes!

Sounds like you had a lovely serene break apart from the food. I have found the shift to paleo really refreshing as I actually look forward to getting back to my own kitchen when away, unlike people on a lot of 'diets' who see a holiday as a welcome break and going back home a real slog. I think especially when it has noticeable health consequences for you this feeling of relief is even greater. :)

Cool about your gym membership - hope you enjoy those pilates/yoga classes!

Sounds like you had a lovely serene break apart from the food. I have found the shift to paleo really refreshing as I actually look forward to getting back to my own kitchen when away, unlike people on a lot of 'diets' who see a holiday as a welcome break and going back home a real slog. I think especially when it has noticeable health consequences for you this feeling of relief is even greater. :)

I'm really looking forward to getting stuck into yoga and pilates again, not done it in ages but really want to make it a regular thing as I know it'll be good for me.

Yeah, it was a shame about the food issues, I'm soooo happy to have real meals again now I'm home!

Enjoyed my fast day yesterday, sounds odd but have been having stomach issues with my new tabs and was a bit of a relief to not eat. Had a lovely lemon and ginger tea at a local coffee shop, they use tea pigs which are soo yummy! Thik I may have to try make my way through the very long list of different teas they sell! :D

Had a bit of a rushed morning, had a rough night with a migraine and they all groggy from migraine tabs this morning so didnt get up early enough to make my smoothie so had an apple whilst on the move. Saying that I could have taken the time as the bus driver completely blanked me :mad: so I had to wait for the next bus!

Had some friends round to help me build my desk (yep, its been sat on my floor for about a month :rolleyes: whoooops!) so scrapped together some food lol luckily one is also paleo and the other will eat pretty much whatever!
So lunch was tinned salmon, boiled egg, cheese salad with pumpkin, sesame and sunflower seeds. Was yummy and quite filling.

Dinner will be shepherds pie topped with sweet potatoes. Looking forward to eating it :)

Done a bit of walking today, I've downloaded a pedometer app for my phone to track any 'extra' walking I do, I've worked out a short circuit which I'm going to try walk as many days a week as I can manage.

So flipping sleepy the last few days, think the hols are catching up with me, think it'll be another early night tonight! Did a short walk this morning, listened to Les Miserableson the way round which always spurs me on with things lol!

Had a good fast day today, got my dinner on now and looking forward to it, having the rest of the savoury mince I made yesterday with a jacket sweet potato and some green beans and broccoli. I was going to do courgette spaghetti but cba now! Going to have really lazy evening lol just wish it was warmer as I cant justify putting the heating on just yet!

So tired and in a lot of pain today but made it to pilates, so really proud of myself for getting there, small steps n all!

Breakfast was chicken wings, a chunk of cheese and a raw carrot lol!

I wanted a hot breakfast and didn't have any eggs or any leftovers! Bit of an off mix of food, really need to shop!!

Snack was some cherries

Dinner was (a pile of :rolleyes:) Chinese style pork ribs with carrots and onions

Absolutely starving tonight so had some cheese, a carrot and some homemade orange ice lollies.

Doesn't look like I've eaten much but there was *a lot* of ribs.... and cheese lol

Aw sorry you're struggling today, good on you for keeping on with things despite it! Look after yourself! And get some groceries, lol! :D

Aw sorry you're struggling today, good on you for keeping on with things despite it! Look after yourself! And get some groceries, lol! :D

I now have foooood!!! :D

I've been doing a good job of ignoring my body and overdoing it! Going to behave now lol

Have done a food shop, always feels better with food in the fridge lol :)

My lovely mum gave me some eggs yesterday so I had scrambled eggs and mushrooms for breakfast

Lunch was garlic prawns with a fruit salad (blueberries, raspberries and banana)

Dinner will be at Nando's :D going to go for the butterfly chicken with salad.

Finally off to see Despicable Me 2 today!

Seriously couldn't get my ass into gear until about 3pm today! Had a lovely lazy morning watching TV then went and spent a fortune!

Breakfast was fruit - melon, satsumas and an apple ( I *cannot* be trusted around fruit! I have a fruit problem lol sounds absurd but its the one thing I have absolutely no control around it and will eat and eat it! May have to try buying the odd bit daily instead of buying loads at once hmmmm...)

Lunch was a yummy tuna and egg salad with roasted butternut squash

Dinner was dark chocolate :rolleyes: I'm just too tired to prep anything tonight but it was a tasty tea!

Found some mayonnaise made with olive oil in Marks' and Spencers so figured its a semi-cheat lol! hope its tasty!!
Need to get some desiccated coconut to make some paleo bounty bars. Reeeeaaallly craving carrot cake at the mo so trying to find a paleo version that looks yummy.

Off to an Art Exhibition today in Skipton, glad its a nice day for a trip out.

Breakfast was 2 boiled eggs and a banana

will take an apple for a snack and then going to have an early dinner when I get back
having Chinese style veggies (onion, courgette and carrots) with pork ribs

Think tomorrow will be a fast day. Need to go buy some almond flour for my carrot cake, think I've got everything else in, if its nice I might use the recipe for my birthday cake.

Loved Art in the Pen, bought some teeny tiny cards of some of the prints I liked, wish more artists had done cards of their prints, makes art much more accessible to people. There was some right random stuff there too lol but guess art is in the eye of the beholder! Really want to get back into my drawing and painting but lost my mojo, need to find it lol!

So, food wise today is a fast day until 6:40pm. I'm still in bed as was up most of the night with stomach pains again, trying to get a doctors appointment but they are like gold dust! Need to sort it as my stomach not been right since France and my sister has been having same problems too so must have been something we ate or drank.

Going to chill this morning, off to see we are the Millers at the cinema tonight so resting up.

Broke my fast with an apple and then had a sweet potato with some butter on.

In bed, just waiting to hear if my lil sis made it home safe then I'll be zzzzzzzz :)

So had my first post holiday weigh in, gained 2lbs so quite happy with that after a week back on plan. Hoping to stay focused and lose some before we go back to uni. Feeling good about it tbh, I know I need to address my portion sizes as they are far too large, so more veg less meat (which will save me some money too!).

Off to yoga this afternoon, foood plan for today:

scrambled eggs with kale and half a banana (got full lol)

Sage encrusted chicken with mushrooms

Apple

sausages with roasted onions, cauliflower, carrots and green beans

Last edited:
Man, yoga was hardcore lol! Feel like I did an hour of cardio (hehe dont think I've ever done cardio but I envision thats what it would feel like :rolleyes: ) Gonna pay for it tomorrow but will be good for me in the long run, just shows how much I need to strengthen my body. Sooo, tomorrow is gonna be a rest day (look at me, being a good girl :cool: ) and I won't feel guilty at all for doing jack all :)

Duvet daaaaay!!! :) geez, I hurt after yoga, keep telling myself that its worth it in the long run!
Anyhoo, chilling is on the table today! I may try make some paleo bounty bars today (finally remembered to buy the dessicated coconut I need for them), excited about these, really hope they are scrummy :)

Also its a fast day today til 8:30pm, then (if I'm not in bed by then lol) I may have a GF sausage, mushroom and onion casserole thing with kale, carrots, broccoli and green beans.

**edit**

Also had an apple and a couple of squares of dark chocolate. Struggled with fasting today, think it's because I normally fast from about 5pm to 5pm but today's was 8:30pm - 8:30pm as I ate v late on Tuesday. Won't be doing that again!

Last edited:
Back