Paleolicious

Oh that is super exciting!! :D It would be dangerous for me though as I just love Waitrose and can spend ages perusing (and buying) things there. :eek: Unfortunately for me they also sell some things that I can *almost* justify like tapioca pudding made with coconut milk and mango puree. As well as the pork cracklings, Montezuma's chocolate without soya lecithin and some seaweed crisps that are super yummy - all of which I class as entirely allowable! Fortunately for me they're a 35 minute drive away from my house, and if I want to go after work it's about a 20 minute drive through rush hour traffic in the wrong direction, so I only go fairly infrequently. Great that you were able to get some valerian tea! How do you find the taste of that? I currently take Quiet Life tablets at bedtime but kind of want to get away from them because of the sugar coating... but not sure I am hardcore enough to manage straight valerian. :D

OooooO I'm going to look for the chocolate and the seaweed crisps next time!! I dont think my bank account would be too chuffed if I started shopping there though!

I like the valerian tea I buy Dr. Stuarts or something cant remember exactly the name lol! I only chose valerian as I hate chamomile and all the other sleepy teas seem to be based around that! Its definitely an 'acquired' taste though but I really enjoy it now, cant quite explain what it tastes like though, probably sightly earthy?! It doesn't taste of flowers or perfume so I'm happy!

Man, I'm full! Really enjoyed the liver, best combo in the world liver, onions and bacon! Mmmmmm!! but i won't have sweet potato with it again as made the meal far too rich and sweet.

At the moment tomorrow's food plan is:

eggs and kale

Broc-cauli chowder with bacon

King prawns with courgette ribbons and homemade coleslaw

OooooO I'm going to look for the chocolate and the seaweed crisps next time!! I dont think my bank account would be too chuffed if I started shopping there though!

I like the valerian tea I buy Dr. Stuarts or something cant remember exactly the name lol! I only chose valerian as I hate chamomile and all the other sleepy teas seem to be based around that! Its definitely an 'acquired' taste though but I really enjoy it now, cant quite explain what it tastes like though, probably sightly earthy?! It doesn't taste of flowers or perfume so I'm happy!

Thanks for the info about the tea, I might look out for some although I'm still a little dubious as I tried valerian capsules once and the smell was very... unique. ;) I am not so good at acquiring a taste for things that I'm not keen on, haha!

Thanks for the info about the tea, I might look out for some although I'm still a little dubious as I tried valerian capsules once and the smell was very... unique. ;) I am not so good at acquiring a taste for things that I'm not keen on, haha!

I have some smelly valerian tablets which take ages to get the smell off my hands lol haveade it an art to get them out of the blister packets without touching them! :eek: but the tea is in no way as bad as that, it definitely doesn't smell or taste like the tablets!

I have some smelly valerian tablets which take ages to get the smell off my hands lol haveade it an art to get them out of the blister packets without touching them! :eek: but the tea is in no way as bad as that, it definitely doesn't smell or taste like the tablets!

Ahh very helpful to know, thanks! Sounds like I may be brave enough to give it a try then. :D

Change of plan with food today, I didn't get up early enough for breakfast. Lunch wull still be broc-cauli chowder with bacon but with a couple of lamb meatballs too.
Dinner remains the same, flatmate is having fish n chips but there's no GF chip shop near for me. Don't know if I should be glad lol admittedly I am really looking forward to my prawns!

Enjoyed my prawns! Did some roasted sweet potato and butternut squash too which was lovely. My dinner was so lovely and colourful :)

I found plastic in my bacon yesterday :eek: dont think thats v paleo lol I'm going to complain as there were 2 chunks and could be dangerous.

Sent from my GT-I8190N using MiniMins.com mobile app

Grrrrr gained 1lb, putting it down to my ME dip as I do seem to gain - even when eating right - when I'm not well enough to move much. Sometimes my body just doesn't play ball.

Today's food:

Boiled egg and 4 lamb meatballs

Lamb ribs with onions

beef from roasting the beef bones

Last edited:
Got some beef broth on, I hate how it always smells nasty when its just getting going, think it must be the apple cider vinegar heating up.
Tomorrow I'm going to make some cauli chowder (I'm all outta broccoli lol) but still in soup mode so bring it! Also going to make some squash and sage soup if I have enough broth.

There's a GF chippie a half hour from us, I'm saving it for a rainy day to try, haha. :) Plastic in bacon really does not sound good!!!

I usually gain a bit from an ME dip as well, I don't think it's just the inactivity but my personal feeling is that the hormones in the body get a bit wonky and it doesn't quite know what to do with itself. As I generally haven't enough to put on the amount that I do. Hopefully it will come off quickly!

TBH I have given up making beef broth because of the smell. I roast the bones first but it still has a very 'heavy' smell, hard to describe but I don't find it pleasant!

There's a GF chippie a half hour from us, I'm saving it for a rainy day to try, haha. :) Plastic in bacon really does not sound good!!!

I usually gain a bit from an ME dip as well, I don't think it's just the inactivity but my personal feeling is that the hormones in the body get a bit wonky and it doesn't quite know what to do with itself. As I generally haven't enough to put on the amount that I do. Hopefully it will come off quickly!

TBH I have given up making beef broth because of the smell. I roast the bones first but it still has a very 'heavy' smell, hard to describe but I don't find it pleasant!

The fish and chips smelt so darn good lol you'll have to try it at some point, you don't want them to stop doing them due to poor demand ;)

There must be something in that theory, I've worked out my BMR and all that for uni and even inactive I should be burning what I'd eaten. It definitely is a pattern I seem to have, hoping it'll disappear this week but it is out of my control so just going to eat real food and hope my body realises it doesn't need to lay down fat or whatever it seems to think it needs to do!

The beef bones smell is not pleasant lol I'm just thinking of the end product, a lovely tasty broth! Think I'm smelling out all the flats, hope they don't realise its coming from flat 5!! :rolleyes:

LOL re the flats! I know what you mean about the end result being tasty, I usually just do chicken broth these days and it's so yummy. Sounds like you have a plan for the week ahead so stick to it and at least you'll be doing the best for your health, whatever your weight decides to do or not do! x

Duvet daaaaaay! Getting as many as I can in before uni :D on the cards for today is making the cauli chowder, watching season 5 of Supernatural,and nap time!

Food for today:

GF sausages, eggs, mushrooms, kale and some raddishes

cauli chowder, slice of belly pork, green beans and a baked sweet potato

I also have some frozen raspberries to snack on.

ps I keep thinking I should try again to get into Supernatural, I watched the first episode and found it quite scary though which I think put me off! Although I have been told it is not always like that; otherwise it would def be my sort of thing!

ps I keep thinking I should try again to get into Supernatural, I watched the first episode and found it quite scary though which I think put me off! Although I have been told it is not always like that; otherwise it would def be my sort of thing!

You should definitely watch supernatural, its fab! :D It's not always scary, a lot of episodes are funny, it doesn't take itself too seriously and anyways there are too super hot guys in it ;)

I did have to stop watching at 8pm last night as I was home alone lol and sometimes I'm a bit of a wuss!
Hence, I nearly died this morning when someone was chatting outside the open window in the bathroom lol

Absolutely bushed right now! I made it to pilates and took it v easy but definitely not up to much. I tried making a butternut squash soup this morning -note the word tried lol - apparently my butternut squash was a helluva lot smaller than the one in the recipe as its ridiculously thin! Tastes nice so going to use it as a base for a casserole or something so as not to waste it, thrown it in the freezer to be another days problem.

Breakfast: eggs, sausages and kale

Lunch: salami and a bit later an apple (was experimenting to see of ut still gave me heartburn and yup it does, so definitely on the do not eat list)

Dinner: pork ribs cooked with onions, a garlic and spinach cauliflower rice and roasted butternut squash.

Had a hectic weekend, glad its over.

Today's food:

banana

a dark chocolate

chicken, roasted squash and spinach cauliflower 'risotto' with sweet potato

Cauliflower risotto is all prepped and ready to cook, really looking forward to this, just wish caulis were cheaper!
Think I'm slightly addicted to cauliflower at the moment, I'm planning on making some more broc-cauli chower with the other half.
Found lamb bones in morrisons for bone broth, they are soooo much cheaper than beef bones for some reason so hopefully will find them again.

You should definitely watch supernatural, its fab! :D It's not always scary, a lot of episodes are funny, it doesn't take itself too seriously and anyways there are too super hot guys in it ;)

I did have to stop watching at 8pm last night as I was home alone lol and sometimes I'm a bit of a wuss!
Hence, I nearly died this morning when someone was chatting outside the open window in the bathroom lol

LOL! I think it's on Netflix so will add it to my list if I can find it. I think they must have tried to make a statement with the first episode as so often happens. Agree the menfolk are quite tasty, I used to like Jared Palecki in Gilmore Girls too. :)

Hope you will get a chance to rest up now! xx

Back