Pamper Weekends / Spa Breaks????

x-Katie-x

Gold Member
Have also posted this is the health/nutrition bit - hope you don't mind me posting it twice ......

Anyone know of any good ones, even better if they're good value.

Really fancy going on one, would be great to get away for a day or so but don't really want to go back to the only one I've been to so if anyone could recommend any that would be great.

I can do weekend or midweek and it don't matter when, well best not being the last week in March ........ can you tell that up to now I'm planning to go on my own!

I look on the internet for these for my 60th birthday, but I thought they were rather expensive. The good ones were about £800 for a weekend which put me off.

Hi Lady, yes there are some that are really expensive - I'm going to try and see if I can get one without paying for the meals as I'm not going to be eating them ;)

I'm still looking, I'm happy to travel so don't have any worries in that respect - just fancy a really good weekend as a relaxer and a treat for my body and mind!

Sounds like a good idea to me.

I'm going to the Bath Spa in a couple of weeks. It has recently been refurbished and there's a heated natural spa pool on the roof with views over the city. I think it looks stunning, you just buy a pass for however long you want to use it so it would be a great part of a weekend in Bath. I'm pretty sure that they do massages and treatments there too and I don't think it sounds too pricey.

http://http://www.thermaebathspa.com/index.html

And I have friends that have had spa breaks at Centre Parcs who were very impressed. I think they use Elemis producs which are my absolute fave :)

http://http://www.centerparcs.co.uk/spa_breaks.jsp

Thanks Miss Moon - I'll check them out :)

Daisy funnily enough I've just been looking at that one ...... sorely tempted! It looks gorgeous.

Hi Katie
Shame you're such a long way from me. There is a tiny spa near me called Tor spa they have a website, it's in a pretty village called Ickham near Canterbury. The masseurs etc. are indian and the treatments are all based on Ayruvedic (sp?) massage and medicines.

I haven't been for a couple of years but last time I visited, it cost £99 for the day, this included full use of the hydrapool and saunas a lovely lunch and 2 treatments, I opted for the full body massage and a foot and facial. It was bliss:D:D:D I went with a friend and we paid extra and stayed the night, therefore got an evening meal and breakfast. I think the total was around £160, which is very reasonable.

I hope you find something, it's a great way to reward yourself:):):)

Tracey
x

Just looked at the website and it does look great - don't think it could be much further away from here though LOL - wherever I go I'd want/need to stay over but def wouldn't be having the food - my body is a liquid temple (which unfortunately don't include red wine!)

yep i am definitely going to Ragdale when I get to my goal weight - its going to be my reward. Think we all deserve something for doing this! Any one else? :)

I've been to Ragdale Hall!!! Was lucky enough to win a 2 night break for 2 in a competition, so brought my Mum. It was so lovely!!! From the minute you get there, you can just feel your stresses drift away. Since then I've been to Slovenia for a spa break to a place called Therme Olivia. It was cheaper to fly over there for 3 days than it was to go anywhere in the UK.

It's definitely a lovely goal to work towards. I try and get a nice massage and facial a couple of times a year. It's not cheap, but it's worth it. And as I tell my Mum, compared to the amount of money my Dad spends on his hobby's - (golf and gong to the pub), it's a bargain.

Will definately have to try Bath Spa - it looks lovely.

I think Ragdale Hall is the one I want to go to most - struggling with getting single rooms in most of them.

It looks like I will be going alone as some friends can't afford it as they have other financial obligations and others well it's just not really their thing.

maybe we should make it a minimins weekend! LOL :)

;) Sounds great to me!

Back