Pancakes Day!

CJxxx

Just wondered how everyone is going cope with Pancake Day? I love & adore Pancakes as does my family so I will have to make some. Argh

The dried mix says 4 syns per 25g so going to make my own & will weigh out 1 & then savour it!!! This will truly expose my motivation or lack of!!

CJxx

I know it's not really the same, but I have sweet omelettes rather than pancakes and that way I don't feel like I'm missing out. Just beat some eggs with some sweetener, and cook just as you would a normal omelette. I like to add sliced banana to mine, when cookes, and maybe a tbsp of chocolate spread from my Syns allowance, yum!

I don't like the sweet omelettes version lol but in the little comfort food booklet we got free in one of the magazines, there's a pancake with sauce made out of rolos I'm going to make that they're 5 syns. Ill put the recipe on later

There's a very popular recipe for pancakes going around our group at the moment, and once everyone has tried them it seems they can't get enough and have become a regular thing! I haven't tried them myself yet but here's the recipe....

Magic Pancakes (makes 6-12 depending on size of cookie cutter, type of yogurt, type of Oats and number of eggs used)
1 sachet of Oats So Simple (or your HEB Oats allowance)1 syn free yogurt such as Muller Light (try vanilla flavour first before experimenting)
Make 'Magic Porridge' by mixing the oats and the yogurt and leaving in the fridge overnight.
Next day, mix 2-3 eggs into the yogurt and oat mix thoroughly and add a couple of tablespoons' sweetener.
Then, get a hot not-stick frying pan, add frylight (I used Better than Butter but any flavour will do - obv not Wok Light though, urgh!)
Place your cookie or pastry cutter in the pan and gently pour a little mixture in until it fills the base of the cutter.
Wait a minute for the base to harden then remove the cookie cutter. After another min or so (use your judgement) flip carefully with a fish slice or spatula.

Enjoy!! :D x

There's a very popular recipe for pancakes going around our group at the moment, and once everyone has tried them it seems they can't get enough and have become a regular thing! I haven't tried them myself yet but here's the recipe....

Magic Pancakes (makes 6-12 depending on size of cookie cutter, type of yogurt, type of Oats and number of eggs used)
1 sachet of Oats So Simple (or your HEB Oats allowance)1 syn free yogurt such as Muller Light (try vanilla flavour first before experimenting)
Make 'Magic Porridge' by mixing the oats and the yogurt and leaving in the fridge overnight.
Next day, mix 2-3 eggs into the yogurt and oat mix thoroughly and add a couple of tablespoons' sweetener.
Then, get a hot not-stick frying pan, add frylight (I used Better than Butter but any flavour will do - obv not Wok Light though, urgh!)
Place your cookie or pastry cutter in the pan and gently pour a little mixture in until it fills the base of the cutter.
Wait a minute for the base to harden then remove the cookie cutter. After another min or so (use your judgement) flip carefully with a fish slice or spatula.

I tried that and it didn't work :( they just stuck to the pan and were awful. I'm maybe not patient enough to make them. Fragile things and me just don't mix lol

I tried that and it didn't work :( they just stuck to the pan and were awful. I'm maybe not patient enough to make them. Fragile things and me just don't mix lol

Maybe you need to use a bit more frylight? I haven't tried them myself but people in my group are forever going on about them! x

Have tried. These magic pancakes and again like another could not flip them and they just turned to mess will use normal old family. Version tried tested and loved and will SYN themFlour25g (4syns)

The syn free pancakes are lovely! Do work just need to make sure the batter is wet enough and use lots of fry light!

I did 35g of porridge oats soaked in muller light vanilla over night, 3 eggs and a bit of sweetener whisked up, add the porridge mixture, fry and enjoy!

1 x tbsp golden syrup 2 1/2 syns to feel a bit naughty! :)

Old recipe - oat so simple are no longer hex b - use 35g normal porridge oats x

I love the magic pancakes, I've made them twice now but used 2 eggs instead of 3 and it makes 3 good sized pancakes (I don't use a cookie cutter, just spoon the mixture into the pan) They are a bit tricky to turn and the first one usually breaks up but I still like them!

Since I've still got a few oatsosimple sachets here I've just weighed 35g worth of them and used that.

Old recipe - oat so simple are no longer hex b - use 35g normal porridge oats x

I just copied and pasted this recipe but you can still use Oat So Simple porridge oats. They only took the sachets of porridge away from from a hex B because they were only something like 27g which 'wasn't enough' to qualify as a hex B. It's an unflavoured porridge oats though yes x

I know it's not really the same, but I have sweet omelettes rather than pancakes and that way I don't feel like I'm missing out. Just beat some eggs with some sweetener, and cook just as you would a normal omelette. I like to add sliced banana to mine, when cookes, and maybe a tbsp of chocolate spread from my Syns allowance, yum!

I have these too, having some later tonight with berries and yogurt yummy.

also going to attempt a savoury version with cheese and herbs for lunch today (I know that will be more like an omelette but I'm making it thinner then an omelette and having my filling wrapped in it rather then cooked in it)

If I make up the mixture and use enough just for me, how long can you keep the mixture for. Would it be ok to use the following day.

Thinking about once I have mixed in the egg. Failing that will spllit the mixture of oats and yog in half and have some one and the rest the next. Will split my hexb.

Back