Panda Eyes!!

fatpossum

Silver Member
Hi Chaps,

Anyone else develop black circles under their eyes. Mine are quite amazing today - looks like I had a good cry while wearing non-waterproof mascara. :cry:

Don't say it's dehydration - I drink way in excess of 4ltrs a day (usually 5, often nearer 6). It's only 5.20p.m. now and I have already 'done' four.

I looked on Google and according to that if it's not hereditary or lack of sleep it can be liver or kidney problems. Could LL be playing havoc with my major organs?!! :eek:

I know I am making light of it but I am actually a bit concerned.

I must say (and anyone who has read my recent 'threads of misery' will know) that I have been struggling with the diet for the past two weeks. I have been completly abstinent but I am devoid of all energy. I am losing lots of weight though which keeps me going.

All of my clothes look shapeless on me now - and I am pleased with that. I don't however want to become ill.

Please tell me that others too are looking like Giant (well maybe not so giant now!!) Pandas!!! :help2:

Sorry about the panda eyes, hope someone comes along with some sound advice soon, unfortunately although I identify with the lack of energy you are feeling my skin and eyes have never looked better.
If you are sure you are geting enough sleep could it be possible you are drinking too much ?, I have heard that contary to popular belief it is possible to drink too much water, and it does put the kidneys under stress and can lead to a depletion of vits and minerals (not sure exactly what kind) through the constant leach of them in the urine.

Better be safe thean sorry though,I would say take a little trip to the GP, and get those organs checked.

Thanks Heaven,

My skin is nice too but my hair is quite dry. I am having a hair cut later this week and hope that will perk it up.

My GP isn't an option however - I got onto LL via the practice nurse and wouldn't want to discuss the diet with him.

I am nearly at target now - I want to get to 10st and I am now under 11st (not sure how far under 11st yet as weigh in should have been today but office closed for Bank Holiday - will try to get in sometime Tuesday or Wednesday) so not long now.

I am tired but then that it the diet.

I will be having some proper food at the weekend however (Gran's birthday) and hope that might help. I have it planned and will only be having high protein/low or no carb stuff. It's only for one day and then back on the packs.

Roll on 10st.

Are you getting enough sleep? My hubby works shifts and when he was on earlies and I was getting to bed earlier my eyes looked fine but when he was on afternoons and I wasn't getting as much sleep I did notice that my eyes were blacker underneath than usual ---- in fact my lovely youngest son told me that my make up was smudged!

Cath

Hey Poss
I'm rubbish on the medical advice front but just wanted to throw a post in to say sorry you're feeling rubbish.

We're going to have to set up an emergeny bed like thread for you and keep you under constant surveillance until we get you to the 10st mark!

Keep on glugging the water and get plenty of sleep :D

Hi Poss,
I suffer from this too sometimes, they are bad today as I was up revising until gone 2am and was up early.
Tha main cause of circles is bruising if the delicate under eye tissue from lack of sleep and dehydration, I know you say you drink a lot but do you smoke or drink lots of tea/ coffee?
Most people are gentically predisposed to shadows but I fins using a good eye cream to rehydrate the skin works wonders.
Rubbing your eyes also causes bruising (yes te tissues really are that delicate!)
I rub my eyes in my sleep and sometimes wake up looking like I've been punched!
Its unlikely to be your organs as you would normally display other symptoms alongside the panda eyes.
I use Bobbi Brown concealer in bisque with the yellow based concealer over the top it works wonders :)

Thanks Pixie,

Very re-assuring. I had been thinking that I'd probably have more than panda eyes if my innards were giving up the ghost!!
I don't smoke - can you hear the smugness in my voice?!:innocent0002:.

I am however knocking back the black coffee at a great rate at the moment. When I go out in company and others are having NICE STUFF like coffee with milk and perhaps some REAL FOOD I have a bottle of sparking water (or two) and a black coffee (or two). I also have black coffee with my morning muffin :( and with my afternoon muffin :(:( and after my evening soup :(:(:( and lastly with my perfectly wonderful, chilled-for-at-least-a-day Bar :).

I will cut back tomorrow and see what happens. I hate tea without milk though and had real problems getting through a cup of green tea the other day.

I have no doubt that all of this suffering will ensure that I never again get to the stage where I need a VCLD - I am a crock!!!! :eek:

Thank you for your support - I really appreciate it.

Will let you know how I go.

Kisses.

Agent Tiger Girl,

That sounds wonderful - a cyber bed with lots of sympathetic cyber buddies bringing me grapes (oops, I mean muffins!!).

Thanks for the support - I really do appreciate the concern. I soooooooooooooo want to get to 10stone. But for the time being I going to try to be more positive and not always be such a whinger. I have so much to be grateful for really so and I will endeavour to reflect that in how I post!!! So there!

I hope you are doing okay today.

Chin(s) up chaps.

:thankyou:

Thanks Pixie,

Very re-assuring. I had been thinking that I'd probably have more than panda eyes if my innards were giving up the ghost!!
I don't smoke - can you hear the smugness in my voice?!:innocent0002:.

I am however knocking back the black coffee at a great rate at the moment. When I go out in company and others are having NICE STUFF like coffee with milk and perhaps some REAL FOOD I have a bottle of sparking water (or two) and a black coffee (or two). I also have black coffee with my morning muffin :( and with my afternoon muffin :(:( and after my evening soup :(:(:( and lastly with my perfectly wonderful, chilled-for-at-least-a-day Bar :).

I will cut back tomorrow and see what happens. I hate tea without milk though and had real problems getting through a cup of green tea the other day.

I have no doubt that all of this suffering will ensure that I never again get to the stage where I need a VCLD - I am a crock!!!! :eek:

Thank you for your support - I really appreciate it.

Will let you know how I go.

Kisses.

It will be at least a week for the bruising to disappear I'm afraid hun!
Cut caffeine out for a week as it dehydrates the skin big time.
Use eye cream too if you don't already, Garnier Nutritionist eye is excellent, its on offer in Superdrug at the min.

Hope it gets better!

If its any consolation I always have bags under my eyes & I have noticed that they are very up & down (bit like me!!). Try mint tea (twinings) its yummy - 1 candarel normally & two for a treat!! Hang in there girl you are SOOOOOO close!!

If you are at all worried get some medical advice- the pharmacist is good for this sort of thing. i am pretty certain it will be nothing serious, but peace of mind...
When I started LL I had kidney pain, I drank very little pre-LL and it took a few days for my kidneys to learn to cope with all the water. It worried me so i needed a bit of reassurance that I wasn't going to keel over!

Back