Parental sanity

Lovehatecarbs

Silver Member
Hi - as part of a pain management programme I've seen a psychologist and what came out today was that when I snap at the kids or have to ask them loads of times to put their shoes on, get in the car, just about anything actually - that I think I'm a bad Mum and all other children do what they're asked or if they don't their mums don't get mad. People I work with have older children - I have 3 - 8, 6 and 4.

So I need some help to feel normal and ok as a Mum - as apparently it's quite normal I just don't know it's normal!!

So please can you answer "I snapped at the kids because.........." Then maybe I won't eat/drink when I feel like a rubbish Mum?

I snapped at the kids because they would fight each other,throw the toys around the room,wouldn't get in the bath when asked,wouldn't eat their dinner up,would play up when it was bed time.Oh the list could go on why I use to snap.:)

Thank you - this is exactly what I need to hear lots of! Did you think 'rubbish mum' or did you know/think its normal?

Just thought it was normal as other mum's around me snapped as well.

I used a wooden spoon on my eldest once when he was 4 and it broke.He just laughed at me which got me more annoyed.

My mother in law used to do that to my husband!! I appear to be oblivious to other parents yelling - I will listen out!!

I am one of those mums in the supermarket who - yells.. Put that back, no your not having that !

I think the same when I'm out as I get some odd looks, I have 2 boys 3.5 & 6 and together they fight and run riot - separate they are little angels lol and others say they behave so nicely when I'm not about..

But I do feel like a rubbish mum when I have to yell and shout at them :(

following primal blueprint and 5:2 /4:3 fasting plan

I am one of those mums in the supermarket who - yells.. Put that back, no your not having that !

I think the same when I'm out as I get some odd looks, I have 2 boys 3.5 & 6 and together they fight and run riot - separate they are little angels lol and others say they behave so nicely when I'm not about..

But I do feel like a rubbish mum when I have to yell and shout at them :(

following primal blueprint and 5:2 /4:3 fasting plan

I hope this thread helps you feel less rubbish too! I'm hoping we'll all feel normal and be able to recognise what we do well as mums!

I don't know if you still check this thread as it's so old, but this one I had to share! I snapped at my kids to get into bed as it was so late and no time for a story, and so on, only to come downstairs when they were asleep and realise the clock on my phone was showing the wrong time and it was actually one hour earlier than I thought! :D

Sent from my GT-I9305 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Back