Parmesan as a HEA

Hi

My first post! (joined SW last week)

Just want to check something. 28g of parmesan seems an awful lot, unless my digital scales are wrong (they are WW ones so should be accurate with lower weights). I started to weigh some out, and only got to 15 g and I thought that was far more than I would normally have sprinkled on a dish. Even then I didn't put the whole lot on.

Is this right?

Thanks.

PS...Fab website and lots of useful info! :D

It is right yep!

I know what you mean though, the first time I measured out 28g of cheese i thought 'Bloody hell, that cant be right'!!

i have never used parmesan as a HE but i know that i find 42g of mozerella a lot so it could be correct

and if you scales are normally very accurate then i would assume that it the correct amount

hth
x

1 level tbsp is 1.5 syns.

I usually just use what I need and syn it. 1 tablespoon is more than enough just to sprinkle onto a dish.

I have to admit if I really want parmesan as a HEA I tend to split it and have 14g pf parmesan and 175ml skim milk. Its a point of confusion as I was told to do that by a stand in consultant and the next week my consultant said I shouldnt. I tend to go on the if you really measure carefully and lose weight its ok. If you stop losing weight think again lol

I have to admit if I really want parmesan as a HEA I tend to split it and have 14g pf parmesan and 175ml skim milk. Its a point of confusion as I was told to do that by a stand in consultant and the next week my consultant said I shouldnt. I tend to go on the if you really measure carefully and lose weight its ok. If you stop losing weight think again lol

Yeah I sometimes do that.

I might only need a smattering of cheese as a topping on something like cottage pie, so I weigh half of my allowance and then use half my milk allowance for tea's or hot chocolate (I use a little like in tea to cool it down and make it less watery).

Your scales are correct... it is a MASSIVE amount of cheese!!! But I do love parmesan, and I don't like milk so have cheese as my HEXA everyday. Mostly I have LF cheddar, but sometimes I have stilton or parmesan instead, for a bit of variety.

Emma xXx

Back