Passions

Alia

Silver Member
I thought, as we are all here following a diet plan that takes up a huge part of our lives it might be nice to learn more about each other. So aside from food, which is why we are all here, what are you other passions/hobbies in life? Maybe there are things you liked to do before gaining weight and that you would like to be able to do again once the pounds have melted away.

I play darts on a league. My ambition is to be a size 12 and I've got 2 kids, daughter age 6 and son age 2 x

I don't really have any passions anymore! I used to just drink and party all the time but since I met my fiancé it seems like I'm constantly saving! After about 6 months together he went to work in Canada for 8 months with his job, so I spent alot of time saving up for a 2 week holiday there, and while I was there he proposed so after that it's been saving for our wedding! So I really don't do anything fun anymore lol!

Mmm my passions are buying clothes for my princess, decorating my house (or rather watching hubby do it and i put all thr accessories together) sad as it may sound cleaning, i love traveling but not at this size, wont fly again till I've lost 10 stone, reading, going to the cinema but wont go at this size.

I don't know if I would consider them passions, but there are quite a few things that I love to do! I love to read, I'm a huge bookworm! I also love doing all things creative or crafty. I love to cross stitch, crochet, paint, knit, embroidery, making jewelry, and just making anything in general that I can think up really! lol. There is something that I've made in pretty much every room of my house lol.

I also handmade all of my Christmas gifts last year. I don't have a job and I had to get people something right? So I made everyone 2 gifts each and my mom got quite a bit more than that lol. I started a few months before Christmas! But all the paintings I did for everyone are all hanging in their homes, so I'm very proud of that!! :)

Hi hope you don't mind me joining you, my passion is to be in the 11st area and be lighter than my husband which I haven't been for 20 yrs. I'm on day 6 and doing ok at the moment thanks to reading all your messages.

I love to read when I have the time. I really love clothes but my passion for them has faded as I've gained weight over the years, and currently tend to wear loose shapeless things. My shopping experiences tend to be " well that fits and looks alright I suppose" so I can't wait to be slimmer and love clothes shopping again!

I love sewing, cross stitch, baking, cooking, reading and anything else that involves being creative. Another interest is classic cars as my other half is really into them i have grown to love them too over the last 4 years!

Everyone probably already knows my passion cos I talk about it alot lol, but I'm making lots of jewellery these days. I did a course not long after I started the diet and I've been making stuff nearly everyday. It keeps me busy and my mind off of food and I'm loving it so much and even managing to make a little money doing it ;)

I like to draw a lot, and indulge in video games, reading and cheesy TV. I've also got really into gardening lately, but I wish the weather would behave itself.

Hi hope you don't mind me joining you, my passion is to be in the 11st area and be lighter than my husband which I haven't been for 20 yrs. I'm on day 6 and doing ok at the moment thanks to reading all your messages.

Thats one of my goals, to weigh less than my hubby - he is kind of doing Exante but grabs bits of food here and there. He had lost 7 kg but gained 3 back over the weekend and is back to having lost 6kg just over 10lb so we are in competition. I've lost just over 13kg so the gap is getting smaller but a long way to go yet but I WILL get there

I love to read when I have the time. I really love clothes but my passion for them has faded as I've gained weight over the years, and currently tend to wear loose shapeless things. My shopping experiences tend to be " well that fits and looks alright I suppose" so I can't wait to be slimmer and love clothes shopping again!

i used to love clothes, my wardrobe was amazing, i had so many even though I was a big woman I never let that stop my passion. As I grew out of them I stopped caring - my 2 year old daughters wardrobe is now my passion, she has a ridiculous amount of clothing

I am a total badminton freak!!

I used to play every week, at one time 6 hours every week, and I was so fit. I was still quite overweight, about 12 stone, but in myself I had so much stamina and I was toned and I enjoyed it so much. The only sport I could ever get really passionate about. I have played occasionally since gaining weight, and since I had some surgery, but I just can't at the moment, my joints don't like it, my badminton partner is of normal weight and quite muscle-y, so I'm not really competition at all to her. I miss how I felt coming out of the badminton courts after two hours of solid playing, with legs all wobbly, all tired but so satisfied, having a hot shower and sleeping like a baby after. And I was full of energy. So I'm planning to take it up again once I get below 14 stone and slowly build up again.
I have many passions including travel, but I never really let me weight stop me from pursuing them like spending a few months in Africa etc. But Badminton....yea, that's something I really want to keep my focus on when I throw a wobbly dietwise :)
Thanks for starting the thread Alia, it really got me reminiscing about how I used to feel, it's almost palpable. I want that again!!

Last edited:
I love to read, and adore movies both on tv and at the cinema. I do lots of crafts when I have the time - sewing, knitting, cards, embroidery, and just starting into jewellery making.

I enjoy gardening - but simple things like flowers in pots, I'm not into digging and all that :eek:

My biggest passion though is travel - and that is going to be so much easier at goal weight :D

I love baking but stopped as I was usually the only one eating it all :(
I have recently started again but give it all away, my husband says I have become a feeder as I seem obsessed with providing nice food for everyone :)

Back