A filling, tasty recipe that's great on green!!
- Wholemeal penne
- Tinned tomatoes
- Tomato puree
- Small onion - finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tin butter beans (in water, no added sugar or salt)
- wholegrain mustard 0.5 syn per teaspoon
- mixed vegetables (to taste - I like red peppers, courgettes and aubergine)
- Salt, pepper and herbs to taste
- Reduced fat mozzarella 1xHE-B
- Firstly, chop your veg for roasting, coat in frylight and pop in the oven for around an hour.
- Finely chop your onion and garlic. Gently fry the onion in frylight til soft. Add the garlic and fry for another minute or so.
- Add the beans, tinned tomatoes and tomato puree and stir well. Add 2-3 teaspoons of wholegrain mustard.
- Season with salt and pepper and add the herbs you like to your taste (I use oregano)
- Reduce heat and simmer for around 15 minutes, until the sauce gets nice and rich.
- Whilst the sauce cooks, put the pasta on to cook.
- When ready, add your roast veg to the sauce.
- Optional: stir in 1 or half a HE-A allowance of laughing cow light/extra light triangles
- Drain the pasta and add to the sauce, stirring well so it's all coated.
- In a large ovenproof dish, pour in your pasta and sauce mixture. Top with light mozzarella, thinly sliced to cover the top.
- Optional: sprinkle half a HE-A of parmesan cheese on top, with the mozzarella for extra cheesiness.
- Bake in the oven at around 170degrees for 20 minutes, til the cheese is bubbling and browned.