Pasta for dessert ant one!!!!

smiles123

I saw this on This Morning a few weeks ago.

Serves 6
Ingredients
250g vermicelli or thin noodle pasta
frylite for greasing
150g raisins
4 eggs
130g sweetner
Zest of 1 orange
4 granny smith apples
Juice of ½ lemon
4 tablespoons of Demerara sugar
Salt
Method
Preheat the oven at 180º.

Peel, core and coarsely grate the apples. Place in a bowl and squeeze over the lemon juice so that they do not turn brown.

Line a 20x20cm loaf tin with baking parchment and lightly brush with oil.

In a large saucepan, cook the vermicelli in the salted boiling water. Drain and rinse under cold water. Set aside.

Meanwhile, in a large bowl lightly beat the eggs with the sugar. Add in the the orange zest and the raisins with At last fold in the pasta and the grated apples.

Pour the mixture in the loaf tin, cover with foil and bake for 40 minutes.

Once the 40 minutes are up, remove the foil, sprinkle with Demerara sugar and continue to bake for a further 10 minutes until lightly browned and crispy on top.

Rest the pasticcio out of the oven for 15 minutes. Serve at room temperature with a touch of fromage frais.

I saw this on This Morning a few weeks ago.

Serves 6
Ingredients
250g vermicelli or thin noodle pasta
frylite for greasing
150g raisins
4 eggs
130g sweetner
Zest of 1 orange
4 granny smith apples
Juice of ½ lemon
4 tablespoons of Demerara sugar
Salt
Method
Preheat the oven at 180º.

Peel, core and coarsely grate the apples. Place in a bowl and squeeze over the lemon juice so that they do not turn brown.

Line a 20x20cm loaf tin with baking parchment and lightly brush with oil.

In a large saucepan, cook the vermicelli in the salted boiling water. Drain and rinse under cold water. Set aside.

Meanwhile, in a large bowl lightly beat the eggs with the sugar. Add in the the orange zest and the raisins with At last fold in the pasta and the grated apples.

Pour the mixture in the loaf tin, cover with foil and bake for 40 minutes.

Once the 40 minutes are up, remove the foil, sprinkle with Demerara sugar and continue to bake for a further 10 minutes until lightly browned and crispy on top.

Rest the pasticcio out of the oven for 15 minutes. Serve at room temperature with a touch of fromage frais.

Sounds lovely, have you tried it yet?

Be wary of the syn value in this...

Raisins - 28g is 4 syns so 21 syns
Apples - 2.5 syns each cooked so 10 syns
Sugar - 2.5 syns per level tbsp so 10 syns

41 syns for the dessert - if serving 6 it's 6.5 syns per serving - not very SW friendly!!!

i have tried it, i reduced the number of raisins dramatically and took out the demerara sugar. it tasted great.

in regards to the apples, i thought that we could cook apples, only pre-cooked apples would be sinned!

sounds interesting...I dont think 6.5 syns is too bad for a proper pudding! Like yourself I would prob do less raisins and change the sugar to splenda if I didnt have many syns left for the day. The synning of cooked fruit is a bit of a bummer but if you are following the plan to the letter then thats the way to go. (Speaking entirely personally I would just ignore it as its less than 1 apple worth per person but then I've always played it pretty fast and loose with that rule!!) It's always debatable using free food in 'other' ways, I've always made 'free' rice pudding so I figure this would be the same but ultimately its up to the individual :) Might give this a try sometimes, thanks.

Back