Pasta, pasta, pasta! But what to have on it?

Ellen8

Hi

I always have green days as I find red days really tricky! I often have pasta with passata and add some mushrooms, peppers etc ( whatever I can find in the fridge) which is free, that's fine for when I'm at home but I have to take lunch with me to uni twice a week and at the mo I'm having 1 tbsp of pesto on pasta which is 3.5 syns.
Does anyone know of any pasta sauces that are either free or have low syn value that are suitable for packed lunch?

Thank you :D

Ellen8 said:
Hi

I always have green days as I find red days really tricky! I often have pasta with passata and add some mushrooms, peppers etc ( whatever I can find in the fridge) which is free, that's fine for when I'm at home but I have to take lunch with me to uni twice a week and at the mo I'm having 1 tbsp of pesto on pasta which is 3.5 syns.
Does anyone know of any pasta sauces that are either free or have low syn value that are suitable for packed lunch?

Thank you :D

When I'm taking pasta into uni I tend to just mix through some salad (lettuce, tomato and red onion for me usually) and then crumble in hex of feta (you can have quite a bit for normal 42g I think - or more if you choose low fat)

The salad means that I don't miss dressing, but there are some free salad dressings you can buy. I have a fat free french dressing which has less than 20cals a tblspoon which is free..

Hope this helps :)

So glad am not the ony one! Am struggling for ideas for pasta sauces on the run. I normally do either a arrabiatta or a tuna pasta. Think am going to try that Feta pasta salad, sounds delish. Was also going to try making a sauce with low fat philadelphia, will need to have a look on here first for a recipe.
or you could use soy? i have made a few sapg bols with soy meat and they havent been too bad, slightly graining texture but almot like the real thing!
for a low fat pasta dressing i also add some mixed herbs and garlic to FFree youghurt, leave it for a while in the fridge for the flavours to infuse, and then add that to some pasta.
Look forward to seeing some other ideas :)

For lunch at work I sometimes have pasta with quorn chicken & make a dressing with ft fromage frais and a tbsp of whole grain mustard or a tbsp of sweet chilli dip, and then throw in some salad. It's hardly any syns & really tummy. Hope that helps x

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

slow cook a rattatouie and freeze it in small bags its sin free and contains loads of veg,or phili ex light with cherry toms and peppers.try adding a tesco meatfree chicken style fillet cut up in a salad they cook in the microwave in two mins and are so tasty! much better than quorn and no syns.

Last night I roasted some cherry toms, red onion and courgette with garlic in the oven for about 40 mins. Then stirred into pasta with 100g philadelphia extra light (HEXB on green) and it was lovely.

alexisemma31 said:
Last night I roasted some cherry toms, red onion and courgette with garlic in the oven for about 40 mins. Then stirred into pasta with 100g philadelphia extra light (HEXB on green) and it was lovely.

Yum that sounds delicious. Definitely going on the meal plan next week :) thanks!

Back