Pasta .... Please help!!

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers - ProPoints Queries' started by hilbil21, 24 May 2011 Social URL.

1. hilbil21

hilbil21 Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st10lb
    Current Weight:
    11st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11lb(13.02%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I have been on ww now for 4 months and think I have quite a good grasp of pointing etc but I have made myself completely confused regarding pasta . I have read online that pasta doubles in weight when it's cooked . Now, to me that would mean 75 grams is 4 points uncooked, and in turn by my way of thinking that would mean 150 cooked is also 4 points. On esource it says 75g dried is 4 points and 150g cooked is 7!! Please can someone explain cos I have managed to get myself all mixed up!!! Xxx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. mrhappy1985

mrhappy1985 Full Member

I count 150g cooked pasta as 4 points. This is in the little pocket guide food list that we got at meeting.

4. hilbil21

hilbil21 Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st10lb
    Current Weight:
    11st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11lb(13.02%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Thanks mrhappy! That's what I do but not right according to the ww iPhone app . think I will just carry on doing that though ! I love pasta x

5. *Sparkles*

*Sparkles* **2015 is my Year!**

Start Weight:
    19st11.0lb
    Current Weight:
    17st4lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(12.64%)
    Diet:
    weightwatchers
    I always weigh my pasta uncooked and track it through the app that way. Surely as long as you weigh it properly it shouldn't matter?

6. hilbil21

hilbil21 Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st10lb
    Current Weight:
    11st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11lb(13.02%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Well I have been weighing it the way I have above so far and nothing seems to have gone too drastically wrong so shall continue :):)

7. mrhappy1985

mrhappy1985 Full Member

If its not broke don't fix it. Lol.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.