Pasta & Spaghetti

Mets

Gold Member
Is 220g cooked pasta the same points value as 220g of spaghetti? I can't find cooked spaghetti the tracker, only dried. I usually weigh the spaghetti dry and then cook it separately from my fellas. But he cooked it this time and so I weighed out 6pp worth and used the values on cooked pasta.

Yep, exactly the same - pasta is pasta, and spaghetti is just pasta. :)

LadyHelen said:
Yep, exactly the same - pasta is pasta, and spaghetti is just pasta. :)

I thought so Lady H but you know when you just want to double check..... :D the amount of cooked pasta on my plate looked a lot more than it does when I weigh it dried and then cook it. Weird. 220g of cooked pasta/spaghetti IS 6pp, isnt it? That's what I put in esource x

I weigh mine out before I cook it, but I've just checked the iPhone app and it gives 7 ppoints for 225g of cooked white pasta. Hope that helps :)

I usually weight before hand. Hmmm I wonder why I'm getting 6pp?

yum i love pasta but i have to weigh mine out before i cook it because i'll get carried away with portion sizes, cooked pasta weighs more and i'm presuming because it soaks up some water maybe so i don't find it as accurate as dry weighing. it's great that we can still have a decent amount of pasta and still lose weight

MrsLmc said:
It never weights the equivalent for me from dried to cooked iykwim. Next time you cook pasta dry weigh it, when its cooked weigh it again and write it down somewhere for the next time xx

Yeah I will do I think :) thanks xx

Kaz80 said:
yum i love pasta but i have to weigh mine out before i cook it because i'll get carried away with portion sizes, cooked pasta weighs more and i'm presuming because it soaks up some water maybe so i don't find it as accurate as dry weighing. it's great that we can still have a decent amount of pasta and still lose weight

It's strange isn't it? But I put that weight in the tracker and it still came out as 6. I felt like I was pig! :D think cos when I weigh 6/7 out dry, it's not nearly the same amount! We'll see how it reacts on the scales at WI.... xx

Back