Patrick holford

sammy1

Silver Member
I wad listening to an interview hr did today, only caught some it. He has a new book out on how to prevent heart attacks. What he said is that contrary to popular opinion cholesterol is not caused by fat but by sugar and bad carbs, exactly what atkins has been saying for the last 30 years. Looks like popular opinion is slowly moving to the atkins way of thinking.

hooray!!

did you watch the series 'the men who made us fat' a few weeks ago? i was pleased to see some sens is slowly creeping into mainstream thinking.

Yes I did see it, one of the best food information programs I have seen in a long time.

Yes it was really good - except it made me really angry too, we've been told rubbish for so long by money grubbing companies and stupid governments....arggghhhhhh!

Phew, that rant exhausted me - am going to lie down now :D

And we still are being told rubbish. The same people who make the high fructose corn syrup - a byproduct of the grain processing industry - which is so very very bad for us and in so many low calorie products also are the primary producers of polyols - another byproduct of the same industry - which are put in low carb products despite having terrible effects on blood sugar and actually making many people ill.

The only way is to eat natural food as much as possible.

It really is crazy what we're told. Rice cakes are low calorie so dieters eat them but they have nearly the same insulin response as pure sugar. They're worse than crisps!

'whole grain' cereals are often processed so all the fibre and minerals are removed. The company then adds artificially developed versions in the same ratios which would appear in nature, so they're still allowed to make the whole grain claim!

And whole grains aren't event good for us! It's just such a profitable industry they can't let the majority of the public catch on.

Back