Paul McKenna - i can make you thin

nicnocks

Hey

Just wondering if anyone else is doing this, or has done it in the past. I started 6 days ago, and am enjoying it so much, and eating what i want. I get full really quickly now and i feel thinner. Not weighed myself yet, giving it another week. I still feel slightly guilty eating exactly what i want though!!!

Be good to hear from some others doing this.

i know im not supposed to weigh myself for 2 weeks, but it has been a week, i weighed myself and im 6lbs lighter, so happy! Hope i can continue!

Well done! I'm currently following a VLCD but I intend to use the Paul McKenna book and CD when I get to goal, or near goal. It makes a lot of sense and has a lot of followers on other forums I use! My problem is portion control and binging so need lots of help, have a long way to go but already really thinking about maintenance.

I've tried out some of the Paul McKenna's techniques today and I was really impressed. His voice is really mesmerising and a lot of the things he says make perfect sense. It's definitely a confidence booster and puts things into perspective.

An example of the content- a lot of us look into the mirror and say a lot of harsh and negative things, an example he gave was "fat cow" by a woman in his seminar. Yet, he said, in public if someone was to say that to her, she said she'd hit them etc. Basically saying we should treat ourselves like how we'd have others treat us and us them. I probably messed up the wording there but hope the general idea comes across.

I'd suggest using Paul McKenna with any eating regimes as it helps you out in a psychological way and sort of an internal boost. Not just at the end of it. He helps with identifying what are emotional hunger pangs and real physical hunger, also how to stop when full etc. I'm glad that there are quite a few options out there including the popular slimpods.

Glad it's going well for you nicnocs and keep going!

Hi!

I did the Paul McKenna programme last summer and lost a stone and a half (need to lose about 5 altogether). It was absolutely amazing - I had so much confidence, energy, enthusiasm and I genuinely loved myself for the first time ever! The weight loss almost felt like a bonus! I started the programme because i was going on holiday. Once I actually went on the holiday, I let things slip and never bothered to get back into it once I got home. It was the worst thing I've ever done!! Please don't give up on it!! You have NO idea how amazing you're going to start to feel! Are you listening to the CD and do you have the journal? They're such a huge help.

I'm starting Round 2 (hopefully, the last round!) of the Paul McKenna programme next week and I'm so excited - I can't wait to feel the way I did last summer! :D

Your last post was a few weeks ago so, hopefully by now, you'll be feeling even better - I hope so!

Keep me posted - it'd be great to have a McKenna pal! :p

xx

Hey all,
It's really good to see this working for many of you. I started again listening to the cds last night and will start the book again. It does seem like something I should be able to follow in the long term.
I will keep popping in here to see how everyone is going!
Good luck everyone :)

Hi All,

I'm on day 3 and it's amazing how much less you actually eat when you're really concentrating on eating.

I know the rules are simple, but its when you actually put them into practice that it makes all the difference.

This is chaging the way you think about food, rather than a diet.

Hope everyone else is doing well

Dx

I have this and loved it and I totally forgot I had it. Thank you for reminding me!

I think I might listen to the cd tonight to refresh my memory!

I'm on day 4 now (I started a week late - whoops!) and I already feel amazing! You're right, clewsd, it's crazy how much less you eat. I've also exercised every day and...wait for it...ENJOYED it!!!! Happyyyyy!!! Hope everyone's feeling just as good! xxxx

Royally fell of the wagon last week, so started properly again today.
Seem to be doing alright so far.

Fingers crossed I can keep it up and properly change my eating habits for good :)

Hi all, I've been following this for only 2 days but feeling really positive, I have felt so full so quickly it's amazing what our minds can do. I'm an emotional eater so this definitely the way to go for me. Can't wait to weigh myself in 12 days and see how I've done. Think I'm going to have pizza tonight! How good does it feel to say that without guilt! X

I'm on day 24 of this and loving it! Looking to forward to weighing myself in 6 days time, I lost 8lb in the first 15 days which is fabulous seeing as I ate what the hell I wanted! And that include two takeaways lol!

I feel so much better, not bloated and sluggish and my IBS has improved dramatically. I'm drinking water and actually enjoying it for the first time EVER! Seriously before this I'd probably have about 1 glass of plain water about once a year!!! No kidding!

Good luck to everyone else following Paul McKennas plan!

Just wanted to say hi. Im on day 7 and feeling pretty good. A lot less bloated. Isn't it just such an amazing feeling not to have to worry about what you can or can't eat?! feels so .....normal???... But really strange at the same time

Where do u get this from
I looked on the iPhones Apps and Its there for 6 pound something - wondering if that's what u all have ?

I've had mine ages, just only getting round to using it. Its the book with the cd. Just put it on my ipod. You can pick them up on ebay for a couple of pounds. sure you can download from his site but don't know how much they are. X

Hi ladies,

I wonder if anyone else is still doing this. It's day 5 for me....and I can't believe how little I'm eating comparing to last week. I used to be a monster...I could eat anything and everything that was put in front of me. Now, I haven't finished a meal in 5 days, not even a panini or sandwich and I've felt satsfied and full. I hope this lasts if I carry on listening to the CD. I listen to it in bed, and tend to fall asleep to it. I might start setting my alarm half an hour before my 8month old wakes and listening to it first thing as well. I really hope it does the trick!

Hi batty. Not ignoring you just not been on for a while. Its nice to hear others are trying this. I've been struggling myself just lately...dabbling back in and out of Sw. I so wanna do this tho ..as of tomorrow Im back!! I know it works and my body feels so much better when its not crammed full of food. As you say its so suprising just how much food is not needed. so how have you found the last few days? Hope its all working for you x please keep posting x please

Hey everyone! I'm new to the website but I previously used Paul Mckennas book and cd whilst at Uni a few years ago. I lost 3 stones then (42 lbs). Unfortunately, I let myself go after a bad breakup etc...more fool me!

Anyways, I know this works. I looked great and felt great for the first time in my life and I'm dying to get back there. I've lost 7lbs in 2 weeks and am hoping for this to continue. I have a holiday in 6 weeks so I'd like to be in a bikini on the beach. I'm back at the gym again now too...been 3 times this week plus my turbojam DVD at home.

Good luck everyone, hope we can all get to where we want soon :)

Lisa x

Hi Van how are you getting on? Like you I am on and off this constantly but luckily not gaining any weight just struggling to lose anymore as I'm now in my healthy weight range. The great thing is just how positive I feel even when I've been 'bad' I don't beat myself up anymore and I don't think I'll ever go on a 'diet' ever again!

Hi Lisa well done for your 7lbs loss and it's great to hear from someone who has had success with this in the past. I find I really easily slip off the plan if I don't listen to the cd every day.

Does anyone have the 5 CDs/DVDs set, is it worth getting? X

Back