Paul McKenna's Hypnotic Gastric Band

Hi All, I had the band fitted last night and seem to have spent all day feeling hungry! I've eaten quite normal meals, but definitely had a smaller dinner however I still wanted to snack and I definitely have not noticed any new or unusual food choices. Does this take a few days to kick in? I just can't seem to feel that full feeling. I stop but them am still hungry a few minutes later. Just had 2 oatcakes with Philadelphia a few mins ago and my stomach is rumbling again! Should I listen to the band fitting again?

i would lella im going to do mine again x x

Hi everyone
not sure if there is many people on this thread but as I am hoping to start on my road to losing weight (hopefully) on PMHGB I was just wondering if anyone had advice for me. I would like to lose 5/6 stones and MissMiff has been a real inspiration for me reading what her personal experience has been and the amount of weight MissMiff has lost. Also lots of other men/woman have done so well on this I can't wait to try it, just waiting for the book which should be here sometime this week. I have tried everything else so I thought why not! I was just worried about feeling sick as some people have mentioned or feeling pain or not eating enough, although can never imagine that would happen to me! Anyway thanks in advance for any extra advice :)

Hello all.

I have been using the Paul McKenna weight loss CDs on and off for years. I find they work well for a time, then I stop listening and get out of the habit.

I haven't started to re-listen yet, but am currently doing a juice cleanse (I was doing Exante, but i couldn't cope with just processed powder) so it's the perfect time to re-fit the band and return to the golden rules.

I might do it tonight!

Start weight: 18.7
Prep week: 17.13 (-8lbs)
Week 1.1: STS, ill, off plan
Week 1.2: 17.9 (-4lbs) only on plan for 3 days
Week 2: 17.2 (-7lbs) 80% on plan
Week 3: 17.2 (STS)
Week 4: 17.3 (+1lb) not dieting

So, I've ordered the book, DVD and cd from amazon and I'm looking forward to trying it. I'm getting a little desperate now, I can't seem to stick to anything for any length of time so I'm hoping this works! It seems very simple and easy to follow. Wish me luck!

So I got the book, cd and dvd. I read the book cover to cover in about 30 minutes, it really doesn't take long. I decided, after reading some of this thread, to just go straight ahead with listening to the cd track for fitting the gastric band. I didn't think it had worked.... One week later I've noticed a huge difference in my attitude to food. I follow the golden rules, I don't eat until I'm hungry, I concentrate on my food, I eat until I'm full and I eat what my body wants. Turns out my body doesn't want chocolate (never been known before lol). I've lost 5lb in 6 days. A good start. I just did a quick tot up of my calorie intake for the day, so far it's 800 calories and I feel like I'm stuffed.

I have listened to the installation cd every night, I'm sleeping better and feeling much more energetic. I'm hoping it's going to continue!

Update! Hi guys :D
So I got back into a month ago. I took my measurements and weighed myself about a month ago and promised I would not weigh myself until at least 2 months. Paul McKenna says to ditch the scales completely if you could so I may just not weigh myself at all and just go by what he says (which is use your clothes as a measure).
Well I've been fitting into things I had a hard time fitting in before. I feel great. I eat so little now it surprises me!
And what is so weird is listening to the tape has made me want to really really move my body. I just love walking and action and taking more steps each day. I used to be so lazy (my mom used to call me a coach potato), well now I walk more than her and she's stick-thin!
It's been 4 weeks with this stable "habit" of walking +10,000 steps/day and moving my body as often as I can (yoga, bellydancing, aerobics, jogging).

Hope your progress is going well! :)

Oh and one more thing, it feels AMAZING to just be able to have all the cookies and chocolate I want in my house and have them stay there for a month, untouched!!!! I LOVE lindt chocolate bars and before Paul McKenna, If I bought one of those big bars, I'd finish the whole thing in a day! Well NOW after Paul I 've had a half eaten bar in my fridge for over a week! I just nibble on it every other day whenever I feel like eating chocolate and that's it...
It's amaaaazing how relaxed I am around food now! :)

My McKenna book and DVD arrived yesterday and I read the book. Then I came onto this thread to see what success other women are having with it.

And now I am worried.

Nobody seems to have posted on here for weeks, and unless I am reading it wrongly, nobody seems to have dropped any good amount of weight as a result of the HGB. And yet the Amazon reviews are glowing.

Am I missing something? Is anyone still on here who has had the band "hypno-fitted"?

Helena

Indeed, but she disappeared from here a month ago.

Also, now that she has publicly posted on here that she lost 12 stone owing to McKenna's HGB, why isn't everyone following her lead instead of carrying on with the myriad of diets that each have their own forum on here? And why haven't we heard any similar success story from those who went out and bought McK's book as a result of Miss Miff's loss?

Hmm.. more mysteries!

Paul Mckenna's way of eating isn't everyones cup of tea.It's not mine.Personally for me I don't think it's a healthy way of looking at food and can't be maintained for the rest of their lives.

Could you explain what you mean please as I am not sure. Are you referring to the small amount of food a person can accommodate after having a gastric band? Is that what you mean by his "way of eating" and it not being tenable for life?

If so, then I agree. It puts me off "installing" the band at all. I want to eat more than a boiled egg sized amount of food, too.

Helena

Hello to anyone reading this. :wavey: Long story short I have been trying to get weight off by dieting for years. I always fail, I am a complete success at failing at diets. :giggle: I can never get to goal never mind maintenance.

I have tried ICMYT but never lasted more than a couple of days. I think I have read the book a dozen times and listened to the cd about 50 times. I bought the HGB in May last year, think I lasted about 5-6 days on "pre-op diet" (which is a reason I was turned down for gastric bypass surgery lol), installed the band and after about two days stopped following the 4 golden rules.

I have spent the past two nights reading this entire thread and was amazed and inspired by Missmiff's success. I have no idea where my hgb book is but the cd was stored on my computer so I listened to it last night at 7.10pm.

I am going to give it a real go today. I am worried about eating what I want as eating carbs makes me crave more carbs and sugar. I will see how I go. I noticed on Amazon when I was looking at hgb as I was thinking of purchasing the book again there's yet another book about freedom from emotional eating. I will propbably buy it. It'll be useful to have the cd and dvd with the havening technique as I have lost them.

I never used all components together and I believe this was at the root of my failure so I need to make sure I used the cd, dvd and the four golden rules and that way I'll be able to say I have given it a fair try.

Is there anyone else here??? It has been quiet for six months but I have noticed a couple of people have posted recently...please join me and let's share our journey together. :) :talk017:

Back