PaulaJ's LT TFR Diary Started 06/01/11

Good read, I have never liked Chinese food, I find it sweaty and sticky, I love Thai food and Indian food however!

Kudos to you for being strong! Keep going!

Paula you gem! youre doing great,,, well done on getting through the day,, a right toughie!.... hopefully thats the first and last time there will be a birthday gathering like that while you are on lt!..i have a weak spot for chinese,,but its true most of it is just grease...erghhh ! :) 100 per cent all the way! x

It IS sweaty and sticky, you're right... well the stuff we get here is anyway! Had some lovely fresh food when I was in Hong Kong last year, they seem to eat a lot of noodles in a clear chicken broth type sauce and veg, I loved it! Will maybe incorporate more of that kind of food into my diet when I'm finished.

Have just read your diary entry for today Cherry, will pop back after my bath to comment - Chinese has just arrived grrrr! :)

well done Paula for not giving in, you are so strong and im very proud of you :) 100% is so hard when you have to see others doing the things you used to love doing like eating and drinking. the gratification you get for being strong is a great feeling. atleast when you do reach goal and can have the things you used to love you will apreciate them :D

iv not been on here alot the last few days. hope you dont think im avoiding you....i need to try to focus on other things as the LT and Minimins was taking over my life :(

ill still come on when i have the time but cant keep letting the kids and house come 2nd lol when ever i sit down on here to browse i forget the time and the kids have had no lunch and its almost dinner time or the washing is still wet 3 hours after the machine has stopped.
Feel free to have a look on my Facebook info for my mobile number if you ever need to give me a text to take your mind off temptations or just to let me know how its going when i havent been about xxx

Oh gosh, well done Paula! I would've been dying. I LOVE Chinese food. One of my faves!

xx

Oh gosh, well done Paula! I would've been dying. I LOVE Chinese food. One of my faves!

xx

isnt she good? i couldnt do it either :eek: i wouldnt have even gone to that party as i know id have caved in.
wish they sold a bottle of will power in the pharmacy id deffo buy some x

Yep she is really good!! The spring rolls would have been the killer. Mmmmmmmmmm
100% all the way Paula!! Well done you x

Willpower - yes, bottle it and sell it for a fortune! :D xx

Awww thanks guys, been a bit of an emotional day tbh. Been feeling really sorry for myself, I know it'll pass by morning and I'll be all positive again.

I've had a bit of an attitude today and really have struggled to not give up. Was having thoughts about starting to refeed soon, but I just can't... got far too much weight to lose. I'm not hungry I just want to eat!! Like I say... feeling sorry for myself :)

I'll be OK and thank you so much for your positive comments, hopefully I can return the favour when you're having a tricky one! :D

And thanks George, I know what you mean about trying to wean yourself off Minimins lol Of course your family have to come first, now get that washing out of the machine and hang it out woman!

Lots of love xx

It's just one of those hour by hour moments hun. I'm using Daisy's trick of thinking, well, I will just do this until weigh in then. Only a few days to go :) Of course, when weigh in comes it's 99.9% likely I'll carry on lol. Gets me through the tough moments :) Get a good night's sleep and hopefully all will feel better tomorrow xx

sending all the positive vibes you sent me right back at you sweetie! and hugs too!! you know you can do this,,i guess just sometimes the time things gets to us!!... chin up,,new day tomorrow :) xxx

Thanks again ladies a new day it definitely is! I've had a lie in and it seems that my scales have rewarded me for my hard work yesterday... down to 18st 7.4lbs!! As I've said before the last time I did ww I got down to 18st 7lbs and it took me 3 months! I think I'll get that at this weeks "official" weigh in, which will be WEEK THREE!! :D:D

Jayne, I forgot all about Daisy's trick... must drill it in, such a good tip :D

Not sure what I'm doing today, so expect to see me dipping in and out of these boards. Have a good day xx

Cherry, that is such a nice thing to say, thank you so much and right back at ya! I might not always comment but I am checking in on your diary!

Have done a bit of housework today and hubby is wondering if I am ill?! Cheeky bu99er! Have had the radio on for the first time in ages, wouldn't even have a clue what it is in the charts these days... and yep its still crap! Have no real plans today, just enjoying a chilled out day in the flat. Life isn't so bad :)

Am going to have a look at some "diets" today, more lifestyle change eating rather than weight loss specific. I'm really feeling open to change today, even talked about going to eat at a Michelin star restaurant when I'm done! When I checked out the menu, it was far too posh for my simple tastes but
I fancy trying something new - the nearest one to me has some not-too-expensive lunchtime set menu's. The more I think about it, the more I want to re-feed at the end of March as originally planned with the doc. I think it will just be a break for a month or two. I don't want to prolong the agony really but I think I need an end date to focus on for now.

What is everyone elses plan of action?
xx

Yep, I'm refeeding end of March as I'm going on hols for a week. We never get to go on hols as a family as when I was working we always had to combine our annual leave to cover childcare, school hols, etc. Now, because I've been made redundant, I don't have to worry about that for a bit, so we're all having a week away as a family for the first time in aaaages. Nowhere fancy, as have to watch the pennies until I find a new job, just a week in a caravan in Sussex, but can't wait! Def going to eat during that :) I'm more than happy to do my weight loss in chunks. For me, this is a marathon rather than a sprint, and ultimately a complete lifestyle change. I won't stuff my face on hols, but I do want to eat meals with the family - just as I did at Christmas :) I've spent far to many Christmas', holidays, etc. on diets and being miserable, and I'm still fat. I refuse to do it that way anymore lol

You've just got to do what you feel is best hun. Maybe set your end date, but also have a restart date in mind, to stick to. If you just leave it open ended, you could be setting yourself up for danger. Fail to plan, plan to fail ;) Also, don't set the end date in stone, maybe when you get there you'll be happy to carry on a bit more, see how it goes :) xx

Hey girls,

Been reading your blog since u started an ur doing really great. I did Lipotrim in feb 2009 and lost 10 stone in 7 months. I stuck to it rigidly for the first 5 months and 7 stone down. It slows down a lot in the end, and if i ever cheated in the last 2 months i had Mushrooms, as they are water based i would boil them and blend them add some pepper and it didnt affect my ketosis (not that u should do this just saying)!

So when i lost the 10 stone by september 2009 i was very happy i had lost 10 stone and got from 21 stone to 11 stone, but i had Loads of skin on my stomach bcoz i didnt exercise. So i had a fleu de lis (upside down T shape on stomach) to take away excess skin which cost me 8,000 through MYA cosmetic surgery clinic in Dec 2009. I had 12 pounds of skin removed and 2 litres of fat through liposuction and i had my muscles in the middle re stitched back together (the 6 down the middle of ur stomach). I had recovered by feb/ start of march 2010 fully then my partner of almost 4 years dumped me an said he wanted someone better looking than me but he said u 'will' find someone, talk about a kick in the teeth. He was spanish an said i wont b able to take u on the beach looking like that (he meant my scar down the middle n across the bottom) which has now gone white. I was extremly heartbroken and lost since we lived together shared a car, was part of his family etc etc, for the first month after wen i had to move back in with grandparents i lost a further 10 pound due to having no apetite so i was about 10 stone 5lbs. He got really nasty sending me hurtful emails etc an i began to take to food to comfort myself as had no one around me to talk to really.

Anyway.... since start of april 2010 i am now 16 stone 11lbs and im doing weight watchers now and have lost 5 pounds which im glad about. I just wanted to tell u my story an say you are all doing brilliant, i did it for 7months and what kept me going is a pair of size 12 very nice trousers and top from warehouse, i used to try them on at the end of each month to see how far they went up my leg etc LOL, an when i got to the end i was truly truly over the moon, an i got dressed up an felt amazing in my new outfit that i had been staring at in my bedroom for 7 months. Its well worth sticking to girls and u will feel amazing at the end. Definatley follow WW or SW at refeed stage that will Really keep u on track. Loads of luck and remember you CAN do this :) xxx

You've just got to do what you feel is best hun. Maybe set your end date, but also have a restart date in mind, to stick to. If you just leave it open ended, you could be setting yourself up for danger. Fail to plan, plan to fail ;) Also, don't set the end date in stone, maybe when you get there you'll be happy to carry on a bit more, see how it goes :) xx

Very good point Jayne, will set a restart date! Yeah I've always said I'll see how I feel when I get closer to the time but it feels nice to have an end date to focus on! Your holiday sounds fab, it doesn't need to be anywhere exotic, just time away with the family and a change from day to day life! Here's to feeling better about ourselves in April :D xx

Wow! Thanks for sharing Lyns, you've really been through the mill haven't you? I think its great that you've got back on the wagon before getting back to 21st again, you don't know (well, you probably do actually!) how much I kick myself for not doing something properly about my weight before getting this heavy. You should feel positive about making the choice. Is there any reason you chose ww over giving LT another try?

I've done ww so many times before but I hope to get a good chunk of this weight off before heading back there. I just get so impatient with the slow losses when I've got so much to lose. Really great of you to share your experience esp the info about loose skin, I think we're all worried about that. How do you think your skin will react after losing weight this time? The surgery sounds like quite an ordeal!

Isn't it awful when you think your life is going smoothly and then one day you wake up and everything is upside down, I don't blame you for eating through a very emotional time but I hope you can put it down to experience now that the rawness has gone :)

No matter what eating plan we are following, they are all difficult and I wish you all the best xx

Been AWOL for a bit due to work and being so shattered every night, but it's this site that keeps me constant, it can be a bit obsessive but because we are all in the same boat it's so relieving to have others around who understand!!! I can't believe the willpower you displayed at the meal, it's the fear of looking the odd one out too and having to explain yourself, did anyone comment at you not eating? Lyns, bloody well done for getting back on track again, you've come out the other side of a break up fighting and that's never easy, hope this year is all you hope it to be x

Yes everyone commented but I just explained that I was on a doctor prescribed diet, had a few questions and I answered them honestly. I mean, it's pretty apparent that I'm overweight and I don't mind telling people that I'm doing something about it! I just sipped water, organised the cake etc and dribbled lol

I don't know if this is weird but I felt guilty that I took up a seat at the restaurant and didn't spend any money!! lol

Did you do anything nice to celebrate hubby-to-be's birthday? xx

Back