PaulaJ's LT TFR Diary Started 06/01/11

hi ya well done on the weight loss but can you tell me how you put them tickers on ur msg ive mine made but dnt no hw 2 pt it up

woooow paula..this diary is the happening hot spot it seems...i had so much to catch up on!! ..
. no worries for slipping up... at least it was just sme egg! i have so much admiration for you for not heading to macdonalds!! ... glad youre back on track now....i wouldnt worry about any damage done as Sandra said it shouldnt really affect you! just get back on board with the honking!

A cuppa soup gone wrong hey... i really despise that chicken soup but i suppose it isnt for everybody!

Claire your invites sound fantastic with little shoes on them!! time is flying by quicker than i though as we are already at the end of january,,can you believe it!

Paula i definitely think you should have a restart date in mind or some sort of plan for after your refeed,, otherwise..(not that you will) but you may end up messing things up,,whereas if yo uhave a potential plan,,all will be well :)

I on the other hand will be here on the hopeful straight and narrow until May....which doesnt seem that far away now i think about it!!

glad your back honking :) xx

I'm shattered tonight, so just a quickie from me... another 100% day, tried soup - OK, tried strawberry shake - also OK, time for bed now :D

Good luck to all weighee's tomorrow xx

have a good sleep tonight and heres to another day 100 percent! :) x

Don't really have a lot to say today, my day went a little bit too smoothly tbh! It's weigh in for me tomorrow so will properly update tomorrow, sorry for being boring... but you know how it is :D

Still here, still honking :D

Just had my weigh in and I now weigh 18st 5.5lbs, so that's 4.5lbs off this week :D Happy with that and looking forward to being in the 17's in the next fortnight!! I have not been there in forever :D Just going to update my sig etc and catch up with everyone else...

happy days xxxx

Yay yay that's bloomin fab Paula... Keep going the 17's are just round the corner :) xx

Thanks guys :D Week 4 day 1, can't believe I've made it this far to be honest!

Yaaaaayyy Paula, kicking ass!!! Eggcellent news, really cracking! Hahaha

Haha, Cherry, you crack me up you crazy eggcentric fool :p

Well done Paula, you obviously made a better choice than me on your egg! I only lost 2 this week! Still its a loss and I'm still on it!
Can't quite believe I've managed 3 weeks and 2 days either.

Just popping in to say well done my lovely, you're doing brilliantly! Hope you have a fabbo weekend, boo for me as I'm working Saturday and Sunday!!!

Aww I'm working at the weekend too, Claire... never mind, another day another dollar! lol

Week 4, day 2... woke up today with a cracking headache, I'm pretty sure it feels like a dehydration headache but can't understand why because I drank plenty yesterday? It's finally starting to go away now after a litre of water and a huge coffee.

I felt quite good about myself this morning, hubby is starting to notice a change in my shape and I'm starting to feel some of my bulgey bits get smaller. I did measure myself last night and am amazed at some of the inches lost but can't help but think I must be making a mistake - measuring a different part of my waist rather than the exact same bit, if that makes sense? I didn't record any of the measurements because I will do it properly after next weeks weigh in. I'm getting quite excited about buying some new clothes, even if I did say I would struggle through in 2nd hand stuff off ebay until I can buy stuff from normal shops. On the other hand, I look at the measurements for a size 16 and it seems so far off! Just my impatience coming through again I guess?

I was told yesterday that my sister is planning to come down to surprise me for my 30th but as much as I would love to see her, I just cannot justify coming off LT for a birthday. So's not to spoil any surprise on her part I've passed on the suggestion that I have a joint celebration with my mum on her birthday in April! lol it's a tricky situation because I know she just wants to spoil me on my big birthday but I'm on the straight and narrow and I'm focussed on continuing until 31st March and don't want to stop early. The way I see it is if I do decide to stop LT on 31st March then I will have plenty of time to refeed properly before my mums birthday at the end of April. Ok so I won't be at my ideal weight but I'll have a good chunk of it off and will see how I get on with my own combination of low carb/low GI and general advice I'm soaking in from that overeating book I'm reading.

While we're on the topic of the book, what they ask you to do is completely terrifying - give up any kind of diet and eat what you like!! I'm just getting to the bit where they talk about mouth hunger and stomach hunger and it totally makes sense but I might have to read it again to take it all in. I have also been recommended a book called "Beyond Chocolate" which is basically a simpler version of the one I'm reading at the moment. I might prefer that one because all the in depth psycho analysis babble at the beginning of this book is a bit boring and they do bang on and on about it if I'm honest.

Anyway, that's my news today... back to work for a 9 hour shift tomorrow, trying to get an appointment for a bra fitting for one of my service users at M & S tomorrow is proving to be an issue, waiting for someone to call me back at the moment. I thought you could just turn up but I thought I'd phone in advance due to the fact that the lady I'm taking has learning disabilities, I've already discussed doing this with her tomorrow and she won't be happy if the plans change, not sure if I can handle 4 whole hours with her in one of her moods! Wish me luck!

Hope you're all doing well xxx

Doing well girl, you are really focussed aren't you?

Can you please rub off some of your motivation on me, lol

Your having some really good losses. I hope I can make 4lbs by monday.

You're doing a great job:)

Just back from a hectic day at work,

Have helped cook a fry up with my first service user, watched my second eat the a rather tasty looking toasted sandwich from M & S and watched my 3rd eat the most delicious looking 4 cheese pizza from Prezzo. NEVER go to Prezzo while doing LT!!! Just don't do it!! That place is right up my street, never been before but it does all the gorgeous olives, ciabatta with dipping oil and perfect looking pizzas... Please God let me be able to eat there in the future and not fall back into my bad ways!

I did not cave in just drank black coffee and even managed to get my 3rd person to go for a proper walk afterwards, right down the seafront and round the harbour. Got our blood pumping with some fast walking!

Today was difficult and tomorrow I have another fry up and 2 roast dinners to cook! God help me!!! lol I think I'll get my first shake in before I go and my 2nd inbetween the 2 roasts!

I feel strong but def almost had a wobble at Prezzo! Dropped another pound on the scales this morning, tried on a coat in a size smaller in Evans today and it zipped up, didn't look great but it fitted! And after me saying yesterday that I wasn't feeling the cold with LT... I'm bludy freezin'!!!

Hope you're all doing great, just going to get into my jammies and chill out with a film. Catch up properly tomorrow.

P.S. NMMT, quickly read your diary when I got in, keep up the good work with the kids food, they'll really benefit from it, glad to hear your dad's ok, xxx

5th Day - Went playing squash last night and golf today. Today was tough. I was touchy and had my moments - Popped on to read some of ur inspirational stories - In bed now chilling -Night night all;)

Prezzo sounds devine!

well done you, my mum and aunt have found a new place to eat in town near the hospital so have been going their for lunch its a multi national eat as much as you like for £6 an its called feast. meant to be totally scrummy. it has been so hard hearing about it. but i think ill treat myself to a meal there for my birthday (wont eat everything in sight though) with my parents in september- thats such a long way away!

hope you are coping well with the fry up and the 2 roasts today. how nice will it be when you can go into any shop and fit into a new coat and not just evans? i would like to fit into a primark size 18 top as they have such alot to choose from and so cheap that i could buy an outfit every week which i could never afford to do in evans. my size 20 knickers that the mother in law got me for xmas (strange i know) are fitting lovely now without rolling under my tummy so i am chuffed about that.
i havent tried on anything new but what i have been wearing is a little looser :) just wish i could 'see' the difference.

i had a 700ml of cold pepper mint tea / choc shake and 1 cup of warm water so far today im trying to drink more but its not gong down smoothly today :(

how do you think you are going to do on weigh in this week?

i realised that i started the diet on the wednesday but i get weighed on the wednesday so should i be getting weighed on the tuesday? my 1st weigh in was on day 8, shouldnt it have been on day 7? i think i just want this weeks out of the way!

ill stop now or ill be typing all day.
look forward to hearing how your day went tonight xx

Last edited:
Hey Paula, glad your busy as that keeps the mind of temptation but missing your encouragement and help!

Hope you're good!

Back