Paul's Diary - Im Back To Recreate My Past Successes on CD - AGAIN !!

hi paul, have read your diary and found it amazing. i too lost weight with ll but didnt stick to maintenance eta and regained alt. for the past year ive been trying various diets and started the year weighing in at 13 st 8 and guess what...im still the same weight!!! ive wasted the whole year instead of sticking with a vlcd and then learning to maintain instead of being cocky and thinking ill start tomorrow !!
ive decided that from tomorrow ill start cd ive got about 3weeks shakes etc left then ill keep going until xmas see if i can shift 2 stone (wishful thinking) but i will lose alot more doing cd then any of the normal diets!
so if you fancy a diet buddy let me know? good luck on your restart:D

hi paul, have read your diary and found it amazing. i too lost weight with ll but didnt stick to maintenance eta and regained alt. for the past year ive been trying various diets and started the year weighing in at 13 st 8 and guess what...im still the same weight!!! ive wasted the whole year instead of sticking with a vlcd and then learning to maintain instead of being cocky and thinking ill start tomorrow !!
ive decided that from tomorrow ill start cd ive got about 3weeks shakes etc left then ill keep going until xmas see if i can shift 2 stone (wishful thinking) but i will lose alot more doing cd then any of the normal diets!
so if you fancy a diet buddy let me know? good luck on your restart:D

Diet Buddy would be good. Ill try to post on here every day or as much as possible to update on my progress. Best of luck on your journey too. We can both do it and get to our goals. Lets do it !!

yes paul we can do it !!!!
roll on my first choccy shake in the morning:D
im gong keep a diary too to try and keep me motivated ( and to stop me eating lol) and will try and read your posts each day!! good luck , heres to xmas and a couple of stone down!! x

Hi Paul, I remember you. I'm still on CD SS+ after 17 months! Still trying to get to goal, but I suppose it sort of means I have been maintaining my weight loss too by still battling to get the last half stone off. I reckon I have been on SS+ so long that there is no way I could go back to my old eating habits, certainly I am pretty sure I will cut bread out in the future.

Good luck on your restart. If you fancy the support of a team, we have space on Team 1. Same goes for you JosieJo. We have a couple of restarters on there too, and there is someone on there most days to hook up with, and we're all aiming for our Slimmest Christmas ever.
Frances

hi frances i would love to join a team i think it would be great motivation but how do i do it??
Jo xx

Paul, all the best with your restart.

I'M BACK ! SUPPORT NEEDED.

It is Monday 18 October 2010 and this morning I weigh 23 st 1lb :mad::cry::eek:. I feel as if I have let myself down as at end of 2008 I lost over 7 stone to get down to almost 15 st. It was the best thing I had done (losing the weight) but it was also the hardest to stick to the diet (CD) but very, very worth it !

Well, I am back today to try to lose all that weight again on this diet, probably on SS+ as I need to have a small meal to look forward to so hopefully I dont cheat. (I lost it all last time mostly on SS+ so I know what to do)

I have made up my mind that this is the last time I am doing CD, either I hit my goal this time, or if I dont and if I majorly cheat this time I will swap over to weight watchers, as I cannot deal with stopping and starting this diet anymore let alone the money I am wasting on it if I dont do it correctly. So I'll give it one last go. I am sitting here drinking my first shake of the day. a cappuchino shake. Not bad taste. Anyway, please keep on supporting me and leaving me messages as thats how I got through it all last time. I will be keeping this forum open on my PC today so I can look at it when I need to throughout the day. OK, Im rambling a bit, so I'll go. Hope to speak to many of you on here soon. I'll hopefully update this diary as frequently as I can, maybe every day. Bye for now.

Best of Luck Paul!! We can do it! YESSSSS We Can!!!!
Set yourself up a goal from now until Christmas, it's 10 wks to Go, mine is to drop 2.5 restarting today and to drop a dress size!

Hi Paul,

Good luck with your re-start. I am also starting my re-start today and have also told myself this is the last time I do this diet again. I have so had enough of day 1's on diets!! I lost about 5 Stones( putting it all back on again) a few years ago. So here is to us getting though today.

Hey Paul

Welcome back and congrats on being brave enough to start taking the first steps to a slimmer you. If you haven't discovered him already can I recommend thedietguy.co.uk..... brilliant site for helping your head change as well as your body.

Gg

Hi Paul
I'll be with you everyday..... I live here!!!!
I love watching the weekly weigh ins of fellas cos the weight just falls off you!!! If you go in to success stories you will see how men lose 6lbs one week, 11lbs the next and it repeats like that every week..... So you will be slinky in no time!!!!

If you go in to success stories you will see how men lose 6lbs one week, 11lbs the next and it repeats like that every week..... So you will be slinky in no time!!!!

And their bits start looking bigger (in comparison) while our boobs shrink!!!! Grrr :mad: :rolleyes:

Hi Paul,

Good on you for finding the willpower to start again! I am on day 6 of the CD and I'm finding it really easy so far! I have done the WW diet so many times I can't even tell you how many! But I found I cheated a lot more because I was so tempted! Not every diet is for everyone though and if you don't succeed at this you might as well try WW! I'm really curious as to how I will be able to maintain when I get to my goal weight. Did you have a particular downfall or is it really easy to put it all back on?

I'm really curious as to how I will be able to maintain when I get to my goal weight. Did you have a particular downfall or is it really easy to put it all back on?

Hi Yummy

I looked this up before starting. All the studies show that if you use the diet for weightloss AND for exploring, identifying and working on your subconscious beliefs about food and exercise etc so that you come out the other end with a totally different approach to food and lifestyle the success rate is very promising.

However if you just use it for weightloss and don't look at anything else .... then odds are less promising.

thedietguy.co.uk is a good place to start reading on behaviours.... and he recommends some books you can also use.

Gg

Thank you GG that helps! I'll check it out. I would hate to lose all this weight to then battle with it! How are you finding it on the CD? Congratulations on your loss so far! How did you do on your first week? It's my first weigh in tomorrow so I'm desperate to get on the scales!

! How are you finding it on the CD? Congratulations on your loss so far! How did you do on your first week? It's my first weigh in tomorrow so I'm desperate to get on the scales!

I know the feeling .. I had to weight 8 days for my first weighin and was wishing the time away! I lost 13lbs the first week so was in shock - started at 20 stone so have a fair bit to lose. I'm finding it OK.. the hardest thing for me is I let my weight become an excuse for isolating myself so am working on that too.. very scary at times.

I did have a blip on Saturday but I know I ate because I was feeling sorry for myself and I know what led up to me getting into that state so I'm going to work hard to avoid that cascade of events again. I'm finding reading thedietguy invaluable and also the HALT technique .. Bring your Head Inside and your Body will Follow - MiniMins.com - Weight Loss Support Forum is a good link and HALT is explained in the stickies.

I've also started keeping a journal to write in when I start feeling tempted .. so I can try and write down what i'm feeling to work out what's going on in my head.

Take care

Gg

I know the feeling .. I had to weight 8 days for my first weighin and was wishing the time away! I lost 13lbs the first week so was in shock - started at 20 stone so have a fair bit to lose. I'm finding it OK.. the hardest thing for me is I let my weight become an excuse for isolating myself so am working on that too.. very scary at times.

I did have a blip on Saturday but I know I ate because I was feeling sorry for myself and I know what led up to me getting into that state so I'm going to work hard to avoid that cascade of events again. I'm finding reading thedietguy invaluable and also the HALT technique .. Bring your Head Inside and your Body will Follow - MiniMins.com - Weight Loss Support Forum is a good link and HALT is explained in the stickies.

I've also started keeping a journal to write in when I start feeling tempted .. so I can try and write down what i'm feeling to work out what's going on in my head.

Take care

Gg

I understand how you feel because I feel self conscious going for a walk with my baby, but even before when I was a nice size 12 I was very conscious of myself and looking back it was stupid because I had no reason to! But it does stop me doing a lot for example I want to go to zumba but I don't have the confidence to!

I wouldn't worry about your blip, at least you know where you went wrong and your doing something about it it's not like your undoing all your hard work. Keep positive!

Thank you for the advice I'll have a look at it!

I'm really curious as to how I will be able to maintain when I get to my goal weight. Did you have a particular downfall or is it really easy to put it all back on?

Hiya,
I know exactly why and how I put the weight back on. A few reasons.

1. I didnt finish the diet and go up the steps where you re-introduce food slowly.
2. I went straight back to my old eating habits. I suppose I didnt figure out a solution for my eating, because I know that I eat mainly in the evenings when I am bored and because it has become a habit.

But please, DO NOT do what I did and put all the weight back on if you can help it. It is SO demoralising and depressing as it is SO hard to re-start.

But I did it before and I know why I am back to how I am, so hopefully I can do it again :D!

Back