PCOS and Lighter Life

Looly

Hi,

I have just had my form signed by the Doctor so that I can start LL next week.

He said that as I have PCOS I won't lose as quick as someone without PCOS which I obviously know but I wondered how much slower, I don't want to be losing 2lbs a week otherwise I'll stick to Slimming World.

Anyone else doing LL with PCOS that can share their experience??

Can't wait to start now, fed up with carrying this weight and all the mental and physical issues it brings with it. :cry:

Looly

Hi,
I was diagnosed with PCOS about 8 years ago...have always struggled with my weight and tried every diet possible!

Joined LighterLife Jan 2010, best thing I ever did! I managed to shift 3 and 1/2 stone in 4 months. The most I'd ever lost...and the best thing, ive managed to keep it off! It's not easy but I'm determined. I Have a much more active lifestyle now and am thinking of joining slimming world to try and lose another stone.

Good luck!

Good Luck on your journey!

Hi,
I was diagnosed with PCOS about 8 years ago...have always struggled with my weight and tried every diet possible!

Joined LighterLife Jan 2010, best thing I ever did! I managed to shift 3 and 1/2 stone in 4 months. The most I'd ever lost...and the best thing, ive managed to keep it off! It's not easy but I'm determined. I Have a much more active lifestyle now and am thinking of joining slimming world to try and lose another stone.

Good luck!

Wow for keeping it off. I am doing another VLCD (Exante) and loving it and the quick progress but worried it will pile back on when I stop. Do you have any secrets?

Hi,

I have just had my form signed by the Doctor so that I can start LL next week.

He said that as I have PCOS I won't lose as quick as someone without PCOS which I obviously know but I wondered how much slower, I don't want to be losing 2lbs a week otherwise I'll stick to Slimming World.

Anyone else doing LL with PCOS that can share their experience??

Can't wait to start now, fed up with carrying this weight and all the mental and physical issues it brings with it. :cry:

Looly

yep, I got 3lbs a week off after initial 7lbs.

Hi, very interested to know what was yr secret in being successful on lighter life? I have pcos and am doing LLL, and having very slow losses. how much water did you drink? any advise would help. thanks

I did cd, which is same as LL. and I've got pcos, I had good loses, the first few weeks were best, 9lb then 4lb , it did slow down a bit, but I felt very good and not foggy headed or tired.
Good luck :)

Hi, I have PCOS and just started the CD 3days ago. Am finding it tough but haven't given up like I thought I would so I am just taking each day as it comes. I am nervous about my first weigh in as for the effort and dedication this is taking I expect a good loss but its good to see that high numbers are still possible with the condition.
Will be interested on seeing how you get on!

I have PCOS and started Exante (similar to LL) and lost 10lbs in my first week.
That said, I did LL and lost 4st in 3m (including 2 weeks off the wagon when I went to Oz) and my losses were a consistant 4-5lbs a week, with the odd 2lb occasionally.

I think my body just responded really well to no carbs since my hormones + sugar = crazy weight fluctuations (1st off one week, 10lbs on the next!)

I have pcos and am on week 2 of exante. I lost 12lbs in first week so the loss seems good and worth the effort. Also comparing to others losses I don't seem to have been hindered by the pcos.

i definitely think that i lose a tiny bit less (have done LL now doing CD) because of my PCOS however, i am definitely losing more than i would on say WW or SW.

i lose less than the others doing the same diet as me, but i still lose more than i would doing an alternative diet.

if this makes any sense!!

I have PCOS too and the first time i did LL i lose 2 stone in 2 months. I'm now back for my last stone (plus the half a stone i put on over xmas) and in 3 weeks i have lost a stone. I do seem to lose a little slower than other people in my group but i'm more than happy with 2-3lbs a week and who knows, maybe my PCOS will dissappear once i'm at target ha x

Bit late to this thread, but just wanted to say hi! I have PCOS and have about 50kgs to lose, I'm on day three of a VLCD and plan to switch to CD in about a week. Great to see some PCOS ladies are getting big numbers, I'm anxious and excited for my first weigh in this Monday! I have a friend who started CD at the beginning of Jan, and has lost 2.5 stones so far... so I'm hopeful! I'm wanting to get as much off as quick as I can so I can start TTC

Good luck lilbit and everyone.. pcos/vlcd/ttc.. to some people these would just be a strange string of numbers.. but we know all too well what they mean.. this is our challenge and we CAN do it! :) xx

Reading about very low calorie diets and the positive effects on insulin resistance will be all the motivation you need to stick with LL. I looked at it, but decided to spend money on a personal trainer instead cos I was having so many issues moving. The science behind it works for ppl suffering with PCOS and I kick started my weightloss with a liquid very low calorie diet.

Good luck x

Back