pcos, the pill and losing weight

I have that problem too-it's taking me longer than I wanted (I was aiming for 2 lbs a week but so far have only managed 1lb a week!) but again like you i'd happy for it to come off slower if it means it will stay off!

My cousin did WW and lost a lot of weight with it, she has pcos as well but looking at her you wouldn't think it. She now has regular periods, looks fantastic at a perfect size 10, no acne, no thinning of hair and no excessive facial hair. Looking at her really makes me believe that the best thing to do to control your pcos is to lose weight.

Low gi is good-I get a little confused sometimes as some lists differ from others in terms of what is good to eat but I never feel hungry on it. I'm kind of combining a low calorie diet with it as well so don't eat over 1000 cals a day-to be honest part of me wonders how I ate so much before. I can last on well under 1000 and don't feel hungry at all. I have so much more energy than I did before, the few days where I didn't eat as well as I should have I felt bloated and sick and tired!

The 7 lbs is good, I mean i've dropped a dress size and apparently my face is getting smaller (nothing less attractive than a double chin eh :p )

I will definately go for the picnic-it's only Tuesday and i'm all excited about it :D

Doctors really need to be better at managing things like pcos and keeping an eye on it-I mean I know we should as well but if you go to your doctor like you and I did and they do nothing about it it's really bad.

Good luck with you challenge for May-i'm sure you'll do it! I am hoping to lose a stone between now and the end of May as I am off on holiday to Paris! xxx

Back