pebbles sw food diary- get a grip!

wednesday
today i was due to meet up with my best friend for lunch at 1100. she is doing ww and doesnt have a poundland near her, so i did the school run and nipped into town and filled my basket with ww products for £1 each. i got the usual crisp snacks, but also came across a new biscuit the cinnamon and raspberry ones which i hadnt seen before, also they had the crackers (like biscuits for cheese crackers) which are 3 packs of crackers for 55 calories so thats 2.5 syns for 3 biccies, and they are normal biscuit cracker size.

ww 001.jpg

ww 002.jpg

she was delighted with my purchases and we went to a brewers fayre pub for a coffee then lunch.
black coffee with sweetner and lots of jaw exercise.
hadnt had breakfast as i was running short of time and knew i may need b's and syns for lunch.so settled for an aldi ceral bar on the hoof (3syns)
we chose garlic bread and chicken and bacon salad. we cut up the garlic bread as croutons in the salad. it was grilled chicken, grilled bacon and plenty of salad and french dressing drizzled around the side of the plate.
i decided to count the garlic bread as 6syns to be fairly safe, plus 3.5 syns for the french dressing as thats about right for a tablespoon.
we had a great time and a right old natter. then off to school and home. started feeling a bit tired and 'cold like'
dinner
i got some chicken breasts and made the syn free bbq sauce spread a tablespoon of sauce on the chicken, placed a rasher of bacon on top and baked in the oven for 15 mins. when cooked i added hea choice of mozzarella and returned to the oven to brown and melt. (1hea)
had that with a jacket with leerdammer cheese on top (1hea) and snacked later on 7 olives. then had a new york style muller. i think i remember they are 2 syns so i will check and come back if im wrong.
so total for the day
1heb, 2 hea, 15.5 syns,

feeling quite positive for this week as my clothes are much looser and i cant keep my jeans up - how embarrassing in sainsburys when they fell down. :wave_cry:

syn free bbq sauce

1 chopped onion,
half teaspoon chilli powder
227ml passata
3 tbsp sweetner
4tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
half teaspoon mustard powder
fry light the onions and chilli for 5 mins, stir in other ingredients and simmer for 10 mins. freezer friendly.

i used the original recipe of 1 tsp of chilli powder but my god it blew my socks off and ruined the taste of the sauce, so i added a whole carton of passata to tone it down and it still was too overpowering. so i have cut the recipe to half tsp. i suggest you try half then taste it and adjust if you need to.

Pebbles any chance u know syns in 3 kfc hot wings, want to do my diary but had no responses on the values board xx
yes i do kieragh - hang on - a hot wing is 4 syns.
do you want some more kfc bits?
chicken strips = 4
thigh = 9
regular popcorn chicken box = 10.5
mini hot fillet burger = 12.5
bbq beans = free
coleslaw = 5.5
corn is free, with butter = 2.5
avalanche ice cream = 7.5

so now we are at today, hip hip hoorah for thursday. its weigh in day and i'm itching to see how i did.
i dont go to group, so i weigh in at work on the surgery scales.

i started a thread on here too called 'anyone weigh in from home on a thursday - wanna post' and there are 9 members so far and its great cos we all weigh in and post how we are doing. i love the support and the guys do too. although its a thursday weigh in for 4 of us, there are also 3 who weigh friday morning and 2 who weigh sat morning, so they have joined too and its a fun thread to be in, so feel free to join us if you like.

anyway, so off to work i went and weighed in at 4lbs lost - oh yeah , oh yeah, get me strutting my stuff around the surgery dancing like madonna having a fit . :banana dancer: :clap::bliss::happy096::scale:

so i quickly posted my loss on the thread and found that 2 of the girls had lost 2lb, and one had lost 5lb. i am so proud of them, they are great buddies. cant wait for tomorrow to see how friday threesome has done.

red day
breakfast
my usual muesli and yogurt and berries (1heb)

lunch
ham and leerdammer sandwich (1heb, 1hea) boots crispy shapers snacks (4syns) banana and custard muller. beetroot, cucumber and celery salad.

finished work and home with a snuffly nose and a headache and sore throat - oh no , ive got it now.
:sick:

dinner - although i felt very unlike doing it
bacon and liver casserole with mash and veg
liver and bacon put into a casserole dish, with a chopped onion, a tin of chopped tomatoes, salt and pepper, 1/2 pint of water and an oxo cube, 4 teaspoons of gravy granules (5 syns) divided by 4, lets say 2 for the sake of it.
mashed potato(6) with butterbuds (0.5) and philadelphia (1), cabbage, sprouts, cauliflower and carrots.

it was so yummy and everyone loved it.

feel so bad with a cold that im going to bed with a mint options. (2)

oh yuk long day at work tomorrow, then night out with the nurses -- oh pants, why do i have to be ill .

total for day
2 hebs, 1 hea, syns = 15.5

Ah pebbles ur a wee star :) :) xx
you are so very welcome poppet. i wish sw did an eating out guide, weight watchers do one. it makes life easier. i sat and trawled the eating out section on here a few nights ago and wrote loads of stuff in a notebook . and hey presto we needed it tonight for the kfc, so it was worth doing. i dont much feel like one at the moment but kfc is my absolute favourite take away. im sure when i get another half stone off i may just treat myself to a bucket ! lol. i bet the hot wings were nice tho eh. oooh yum

hi de hi slimmers, thank god its friday eh!
my day started off knee dip in tissues and lemsip. feel awful but i have to go into work, as the caring profession have no-one who cares about them and we certainly dont get praised for staying away with our germs.
i have about 20 patients to see today and if i dont go in, who will look after them? so i'll just give em all my cold instead - poor things.
green day
started off with the usual brekkie
of muesli yogurt and fruit on top.
then lunch is;
a sweet and sour mug shot- ooh my favourite flavour, 3 ww crackers (2.5) with 6 little boursin minis (3.5) tomatoes, cucumber. muller light and a banana.

tonight the kids are off to their dads and the OH and i are out for dinner with the nurses and hubbies. we are going to a wetherspoons nearby as everyone is on a low budget this month. i have looked at the eating out guide which shocked me to see that steak jacket and salad was 40 syns! so i am having the 5 bean chilli with tortillas for 4.5 syns. i dont drink much alcohol so i'll probably stick to lime and sodawater.
:eat:
whats everyone else doing tonight?

Aw hope ur feel better soon :-( well I'm sitting here with a banging sore head as I came home from work to find a letter from the lovely tax people telling me I underpaid tax for last year and I owe them £2600 to be paid back this year on top of my normal tax deductions. Feel ill.

So I'm off to bed soon with a WW toffee bar and a hot water bottle. Need hugs but hubbie in bad mood about something else tut.

I weigh tomorrow morning but feel v stressed and bloated, don't think I could take the bad news if I haven't lost lol

(bet ur sorry u asked) xx

Kieragh1515 said:
Thanks xx :)

Hi Pebbles!

Hope ur cold is better? It's the blasted weather, it seems to be warming up one minute and then the next it's like winter all over again.....I am destined to live in the sun or so I keep telling myself (I wish)!!!

Anyway ill post my food diary on here for a bit if that's ok so maybe you can help spot if I'm doing something wrong? I'll start from tomoz cos I didn't do the plan properly today, went out car hunting and stopped off for a pub lunch & had lamb shank, veg and mash tut tut.....but it was the first meal out since I started the diet so it served as a little pick me up too!

Just a thought I had my * week, the week before last, ended at the start of last week, but during my * week I lost 2.5, do u think we retain water the week after it or am I clutching at straws here?!!! Worth a shot anyway! I was dead good last week too.

X x x

Hi there, yes we do hang on to the water during star week and lose it next week , so you're not clutching at straws at all. I'm glad you had a pub meal out, you needed a treat. Love to have your diary here so we can see what we're doing. Post honestly, if you have a slip, pop it on here too. I've had a terrible couple of days with temptations but I've not gone mad. Have had this cold, plus * week(which I don't get usually!!) so I have been hungrier, been wanting chocolate and that's not me at all. Bloody hormones eh!
I'm going to get on the pc in a bit and type this all properly cos I am a bit limited on phone. Back soon x x

Thanks xx :)
kieragh, how did you get on at weigh in? dare i ask. do you go to group, or weigh from home. i have a group on here called ' anyone else weigh from home on a thursday - wanna post' cant rememeber if i told you about it before, come join our thread too if it helps. sending lots of hugs. xx:grouphugg:

happy weekend everyone.
just a recap then.

friday, i went out to wetherspoons and i did as i said i would, stuck to the 5 bean chilli which came with yellow rice and tortilla chips, all for 4.5 syns on green, i had soda and lime, then when the nasty gremlins all had chocolate fudge cake, i stuck to a black coffee. even other half who is doing this with me- had a huge mixed grill and a pint of lager and a glass of wine- shocked - well i was! everyone said ' oh let him have what he wants, hes out for the night, stop nagging' so i backed off and he ate it all and i must say it looked nice and he did enjoy it. i did enjoy the chilli, it wouldnt normally be my choice, i would have gone for chicken breast with bbq sauce and bacon with melted cheese on normally. so i would never choose something veggie, but it wasnt that bad and i was full by the end, so needs must.

saturday morning
well, i had had a degree of wind during the night from the 5 bean chilli ----------------- ok so thats an understatement goodness me it was powerful ! oops.
out of interest i did stagger towards the scales that were calling me in their direction even though weigh in is thursday. pleasantly surprised i had lost another half a pound. other half bounced out of bed hearing the scales being disturbed and said ' make way for the god!' to find in his horror that he had put on 2lb overnight! :innocent0002::rotflmao:

well see thats what happens when one gets all cocky!

green day today
breakfast
2 weight watchers brown bread toast (5syns) with 2 poached eggs on top, smidgen of marg cos other half had already buttered the toast - der!!!!(1syn)

then we went out shopping to asda and to take his kids to the toy shop.
i bought alot of goodies and plenty of meat and fish- having a fishy week this week to aim for another good loss. will post picture of some of my foodie finds later.

lunch was a mugshot- chicken one which was nice, but not as nice as the sweet and sour one. a small bowl of chick pea dahl which i had been itching to try cos so many people on her rave about it- sorry i didnt like it at all. other half did so he ate the tin ! oink oink.

i made a small bowl of bulgar wheat and butterbean salad with some mint and feta cheese (hea) and had it after the mugshot with some quorn sausages.

dinner - i was really looking forward to and was the sw doner kebab - oh my goodness - how uncannily like the real thing does that taste?? i havent had it for years and years in my nursing training days but you never forget the taste. gosh it was good- definitely be making that again.

doyley - thats one for you to try! plenty of meat there. we had it with sw crinkle chips (sweet potato and potato) and garlic mayo,(1syn) and chilli sauce, salad and a pitta (HEB)

later i sat down to watch a film and had a cuppa with 2 lemon and currant weight watchers biscuits (4syns) and a ww chocolate caramel bar (4 syns)

total 15 syns. 2 heb, 1hea.--argh!

sunday
red day today --- weeehah love em!

so we got up very late - oops no kids until 6 tonight so took advantage of the lie in, cuppa in bed and a good old chat.

breakfast - 2 rashers bacon, frylight egg, large field mushroom sprayed with fry light and blasted in micro - yummy, quorn sausage, tomatoes and 2 slices ww danish brown bread. (HEB)

going out for a late walk now (oops 3pm already) gonna drive to the woods nearby and have a walk about - need to do more exercise this week and drink more water.

lunch was planning to be some prawns and some salad and a bit of smoked mackerel and fish sticks but i fear we may have overun lunch. lol. might have to have that as supper if we get peckish!!!

dinner is steak and kidney with a pie crust 28g puff pastry for 6 syns. loads of veg and some new potatoes.

we'll see eh?
i think we could be eating at midnight at this rate.
watch this space for update . lol

Evening pebbles, heres todays food diary!! Hope you had a good day x

Monday 7th March

EE day

Breakfast:
2 weetabix (Hexb) with SS milk (Hexa)

Lunch:
Veg & lentil soup (free)

Dinner:
Lamb Roast dinner with cabbage, cauliflower, swede & gravy (7 syns)

Snacks:
Fruit
Tofu choc pudding

Total syns:
9 syns

pebbles67 said:
kieragh, how did you get on at weigh in? dare i ask. do you go to group, or weigh from home. i have a group on here called ' anyone else weigh from home on a thursday - wanna post' cant rememeber if i told you about it before, come join our thread too if it helps. sending lots of hugs. xx:grouphugg:

Hi pebs :) I only lost half a pound, weigh at home on Saturdays, had a sneaky weigh last wed and had lost 1.5lb so disappointed to have only lost a half cause my eating all week was on plan. SO I'm putting it down to stress at the end of last week and the fact I've only a few more pound to lose so little things have big impacts :-( :-(

Need to start making few new recipes to mix it up a little xx

sunday
red day today --- weeehah love em!

so we got up very late - oops no kids until 6 tonight so took advantage of the lie in, cuppa in bed and a good old chat.

breakfast - 2 rashers bacon, frylight egg, large field mushroom sprayed with fry light and blasted in micro - yummy, quorn sausage, tomatoes and 2 slices ww danish brown bread. (HEB)

going out for a late walk now (oops 3pm already) gonna drive to the woods nearby and have a walk about - need to do more exercise this week and drink more water.

lunch was planning to be some prawns and some salad and a bit of smoked mackerel and fish sticks but i fear we may have overun lunch. lol. might have to have that as supper if we get peckish!!!

dinner is steak and kidney with a pie crust 28g puff pastry for 6 syns. loads of veg and some new potatoes.

we'll see eh?
i think we could be eating at midnight at this rate.
watch this space for update . lol

here are the meals for the weekend ;
saturday - doner kebab
[/ATTACH]

sunday.
fish lunch - mackerel, prawns, crab sticks and salad
fish lunch.jpg

steak and kidney pie with broccoli and cheesy mustard mash. (6 syns for pastry, hea cheese mash)
[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• doner.jpg
    doner.jpg
    347.6 KB · Views: 50
  • doner kebab.jpg
    doner kebab.jpg
    455.8 KB · Views: 72
  • steak and kidney pie.jpg
    steak and kidney pie.jpg
    289.1 KB · Views: 50
  • steak kidney pie.jpg
    steak kidney pie.jpg
    356.9 KB · Views: 55
Evening pebbles, heres todays food diary!! Hope you had a good day x

Monday 7th March

EE day

Breakfast:
2 weetabix (Hexb) with SS milk (Hexa)

Lunch:
Veg & lentil soup (free)

Dinner:
Lamb Roast dinner with cabbage, cauliflower, swede & gravy (7 syns)

Snacks:
Fruit
Tofu choc pudding

Total syns:
9 syns

hi kankles, thanks for posting menu, looks great so far. i love the choc pudding. yummy. need to have a go at the peanut butter one.
good luck for todays focus

Back