pebbles sw food diary- get a grip!

dum de dum de dum - oh sorry ,
saturday 14th may
other half working today so we woke up leisurely- what am i saying of course we blooming didnt - this is my house the pebbles place where things dont run smoothly. so its 8am and im still in the land of all things nod. and i am awoken with screams from a certain small and sometimes precocious 8 yr old , going on 18yr old, daughter. she comes racing up the stairs - 'mummy mummy ive poured boiling water over my legs' whilst making me a cup of tea the silly billy poured boiling water on legs obviously by accident. luckily i think the water went on the worktop first then ran down to her legs so it would have cooled a little in transit. i shot out of bed like a rat up a drainpipe and scooped her up and into the bath turned on the shower and ran cool water on her legs for 20 mins. ( first aid top tip number 1 - must be cool not cold water, and must be 20 mins to make a difference.) luckily where the scald was initially all down her left leg from knee to toes, she was left with a purple scald on 2 toes and from just above her ankle to mid foot so much less than it could have been. poor little mite was so sore and has been a little trouper cos it must hurt although she does exagerate her pain by at least 50%. so a rude awakening and a lively start to saturday. we had a friend visiting at 5 this evening so we set to tidying and doing housework, well as much as one can with an injured son with a broken leg, and on crutches - useless hoovering or dusting, and an invalid daughter with cold flannels on her feet, also rendered useless, so i left them to play mousetrap went and made poached eggs on toast and started the housework alone. (1heb)
lunch i managed to stop working to grab a home made sw burger from last night, a slice of ham and a ww biscuit (2syns)

my friend visited and we had a good old chit chat about old days. she was from my postnatal baby group and we hadnt seen each other since the kids were 3yrs which was 10 yrs ago. so much has changed since then so you can imagine we put the world to rights well and truly.
for dinner we had pork chops and a piece of steak, broccoli, carrot, potato (1heb), 2 mikado biscuits, (1syns) ww biscuit pack (4 syns) toffee yogurt, another mikado (.5) and a packet of crisps (6)

total 2 hebs, no heas !!!!! bad bad bad and 13.5 syns
may 005.jpg

sunday 15th may
plan today was a bbq for other half birthday with his mum and dad and a couple of our friends. yes other half is getting very spoilt for a birthday i think so too.
anyway cup of tea in bed this time made by OH not small child. before dashing out to tesco - yet again ! therefore missing breakfast.
lunch when everyone arrived was;-
lettuce tomato, radishes, mozarella slices and feta cheese cubes (hea) ww cumberland sausage x 1 (0.5 syns) bread roll(1heb) 2 boiled potatoes (1heb) 2 stuffed bell peppers (2syns), quorn sausage, meat free burger, 2 chicken thighs, a piece of steak 2 prawn kebabs, salad cream (1 syn) home made sin free ice cream made from ff onken strawberry yogurt and fromage frais in ice cream maker, with strawberries and bbq pineapple (2 syns) gorgeous little bbq recipe - cut pineapple into fingers, soak in honey and cinnamon for at leat 30 mins, then bbq - gorgeous. 1 small glass rose wine (6 syns) chilli sauce (0.5 syns)

tea - some left over pieces of chicken and prawn kebabs , yogurt. 4 cups of tea and a diet coke.
so 1hea, 2 hebs, 11.5 syns and a good time had by all.

monday 16th may
breakfast after school run was 2 toast (heb) mushrooms, poached eggs and 2 sausages (6 syns)

gardening and housework, ironing and watching tv was interrupted by lunch which was smoked chilli mackerel salad
feta and mozarella (1hea) boiled egg, crisps (5syns)
off to work at 230, so had cup of tea, 5 chunks of chocolate (7. 5syns) bourbon biscuit (3.5) choc digestive (3.5) oops!

busy afternoon fraught with stress and ill health which made me eat chocolate - im lying of course how stressful can a verrucae clinic be?
back home and god im hungry today.
tea - after a 3 mile walk in 50 minutes- get me! aneka rice!
boiled potatoes (1heb) boiled egg, salad, salad cream (1 syn) bbq chicken, 1/2 fat cheddar grated (1hea)
yogurt and diet coke, then 3 cups of tea.

so 2 heas, 2 hebs and 26.5 syns and a 3 mile walk

may 006.jpg
may 007.jpg

tuesday 17th may
today im assessing someone doing a nursing exam so i needed to get the kids up dressed And off to school early, worked well and to plan for once and i grabbed a banana on the way out the door. dressed in a suit and carrying a file and briefcase i looked very official and professional and confident that i was portraying the correct professional manner. that was until i followed the receptionists eyes as i announced my arrival, and looked down to where her eyes rested on what i thought was my breast area. i then noticed my gorgeous beaded necklace was hanging in what i can only describe as slow motion depositing one hundred and one beads onto the floor. the beads were still around my neck but the twine had broken and the 2 ends were just hanging.at that point the nurse i would be assessing came out and met me grappling around for runaway beads. well that had blown my seniority. i tied it into a knot and carried on with twine hanging awkwardly and looking quite ridiculous.
i tried to maintain a professional and mature approach and we had a very nice morning. i hasten to say i did infact give her a pass and she seemed delighted.
now needing a strong coffee i went home to get changed and met a friend (my tueday coffee parner) for coffee and a toasted sandwich at the local cafe. i had 2 sugars as i felt a little light headed (2syns) and a cheese (1hea) and onion toastie(1heb) with salad. and ketchup(1 syn). we went for a drive in her new car and moaned about men for at least - ooooh 4 hours! it was very refreshing. we stopped off at a plantation with a cafe and had a pot of tea and we shared half a low fat yogurt meringue slice. about the size of a brownie, but i intended to not have any syns today anyway so will be covered by that and then some left.
after school run i felt cold and hungry and sat with children and had 2 ww sausages (1syn) and a bread roll (heb) then suddenly came over lightheaded, tired and nauseous. i laid down on the sofa and slept for 1 hour then awoke to realise i had to get to work. 2 hours later i was back home and felt still unsettled. i'd had an unsettled tummy and had to run to the loo a few times in the evening.
i didnt feel like cooking or eating but managed 2 poached eggs on toast, then realising id had both b choices, oops. my head really isnt in the skull at the moment. syned the bread at 5 syns and now bringing total syns to 8 plus my cake to be added.
so heb x 3, 1hea and 15 syns
out tomorrow to see my best friend sarah for coffee so cant wait. hope my tummy is settled by then.

pebbles67 said:
Hiya honey xx

Ha busted mrs! What's your excuse then huh huh? You're as bad as me u little bear in hibernation!

I reckon we ditch the 9-5 lifestyle (although neither of us are technically 9-5 peeps) and get in our campervan and hit the road.....what you say lou lou!

Kankles said:
Ha busted mrs! What's your excuse then huh huh? You're as bad as me u little bear in hibernation!

I reckon we ditch the 9-5 lifestyle (although neither of us are technically 9-5 peeps) and get in our campervan and hit the road.....what you say lou lou!

I'm there is what I say, what time we going xxx

Right so after a long time not posting on here I'm ready to resume business. I've been snapping pictures of my meals, generally sticking to plan and doing ok but not writing on this thread sorry!

I've had a slimmers nightmare few days but glad to say I only put on 3lb yes 3lb. ! Bloody awful if you ask me.

Thursday night I was invited out to a Greek Meal for someones leAving do. Set menu so there's was nothing I could do to limit damage. So I ate what I was given. ...... And loved it .
Friday I worked until 6 then other half collected me from work and said we are off to a Chinese buffet- oh joy of joys! More food.
Saturday I went to work had toast and a banana then salad with pizza and fruit to finish all cooked by chef at work. Saturday night was the end of my summer job so the staff planned a night out .......... To a Thai restaurant!!!! Stop feeding me will you! Then we went to a boogie cool club and I danced my little legs off.
Drank too much and suffered Sunday big stylie. At this point I should mention I don't drink alcohol.
Monday was quiet too but we managed a good day on plan.

Monday green day
Brunch
Poached eggs x2, hash browns, mushrooms, beans.
Toast x1 (1/2 b)

Dinner
Pitta (1b) pizza with onions, peppers, passata, salami,(1/2 b) mushrooms and 42g light cheddar (1a)
Chips in the actifry and salad. Mayo(1syn)

Snacks
1 thorntons choc 2 syns

Tuesday - in France off plan flexible syn whatever you wanna call it but it wasn't pretty.

I was 12 st 12 Thursday am ,
13st 2 mon am that's 4lb gain of food from
meals out in 4 days

Today 13 1 so I've lost 1lb of it. Only 3 to go to be back to normal and only 8 hrs to lose it lol.

Wednesday- green day
Breakfast- Banana
Lunch - Philadelphia and lettuce sandwich 1b
Wotsits 4.5 syns. Babybel light

Dinner
Prawn shashlick kebab, courgette pepper couscous. Mullerlite

Thursday dawned and another 1lb lost, now I know you're thinking hang on this is daily weighing but I needed to do it this week since Mondays gain. It's kept me motivated to see the gain disappearing.
So back to 13st and just another 2lb to lose to get back 12.12.

OH kids arrived at 0930 so it was up and standing by your beds ready for interrogation of where we would be going. Kids just don't settle for time with dad they want to be out and exploring, eating out and doing stuff that burns money.

So after a brunch of scramble and bacon and 2 slices of toast, then melon , we set off on a mile walk to the bus stop, took a bus for 40 mins to putney then a tube and caught the river bus and took the kids up and down the river Thames from the o2 at Greenwich to the embankment and back again. I had an apple on the journey, then we walked to tower bridge and found a pizza express. Kids were very happy with pizzas dough balls and chocolate sundaes. I had diet coke, chicken Caesar salad and they serve the dressing in a separate pot- fab so I just had a drizzle. Came with Parmesan shavings so I counted that as an a. OH raised his hands to ask kids why they were being so loud and promptly knocked over his glass of water complete with ice cubes into his lap. It was the best moment of the entire week. Oh yes!

Kieragh1515 said:
Lol I luv it when men are silly like that. My hubby comes out with some crackers too x

Funny thing was he blamed all 4 kids?! Said if they were behaving he wouldn't have knocked it over. I said if you weren't busy Impersonating a windmill you'd have been fine. Everyone lAughed including him and the waitress . Lol.

Today started off really well. Had muesli and fruit and yogurt for brek , made minestrone soup for lunch with sw green day quiche. Then went out for a curry with friends.

Came home after a lovely day and checked into my facebook account and saw a status of someone I recently met and worked with for 5 weeks in july/ august. Turns out she's linked to people from a past I'd like to forget. I've now 'unfriended' her and feel physically sick that people from a past still have access to me. And will have seen photos of me etc. I've worked hard to rebuild my life and I've no one to talk to about it hence the Samaritans post on here. Sorry .

pebbles67 said:
Today started off really well. Had muesli and fruit and yogurt for brek , made minestrone soup for lunch with sw green day quiche. Then went out for a curry with friends.

Came home after a lovely day and checked into my facebook account and saw a status of someone I recently met and worked with for 5 weeks in july/ august. Turns out she's linked to people from a past I'd like to forget. I've now 'unfriended' her and feel physically sick that people from a past still have access to me. And will have seen photos of me etc. I've worked hard to rebuild my life and I've no one to talk to about it hence the Samaritans post on here. Sorry .

Oh no huni :-( would these people definitely have seen u thru her connection, did they have time too? Was the status about you?

U have unfriended her now so at least they can't get access anymore, ul have to let it go, they can only get into ur head & life if u let them. Ur allowed a day to brood on it then forget it & get on with ur life & the people in it who really matter, hugs x

Kieragh1515 said:
Oh no huni :-( would these people definitely have seen u thru her connection, did they have time too? Was the status about you?

U have unfriended her now so at least they can't get access anymore, ul have to let it go, they can only get into ur head & life if u let them. Ur allowed a day to brood on it then forget it & get on with ur life & the people in it who really matter, hugs x

Thanks so much for that post it's made me feel much better. Another buddy on here inboxed me and without the 2 of you I think I would have spent all day moping. The girl I met was really nice but there's no way we can have contact as she's related to a family I don't want anything to do with.
But there its done now. And as you say move on to a day of planning meals for the week.
Thanks k xxxxxx

pebbles67 said:
Thanks so much for that post it's made me feel much better. Another buddy on here inboxed me and without the 2 of you I think I would have spent all day moping. The girl I met was really nice but there's no way we can have contact as she's related to a family I don't want anything to do with.
But there its done now. And as you say move on to a day of planning meals for the week.
Thanks k xxxxxx

Ur welcome :) glad ur putting it behind u. Fb can be a double edged sword sometimes, I would never put any work colleagues on for example or any exes x

Morning Sunday you beauty you.
Kids went to their dads yesterday so lots of time to do things. Started with a breakfast of 2 poached eggs on toast (1b) from those lovely hens in the garden. And a k fibre plus bar (5) then out for a ride on the motorbike with OH. Scary but I'm getting used to it.
Lunch- 4 French bought Melba toasts (6), asdas chilli cottage cheese ( oh flipping yum), prawns, sw quiche and a babybel light. Mug of tea, really enjoyed that.
Spent a couple of hours in the garden sorting out the farm that is a 70 feet long garden! Housing 5 chickens 2 chicks, 8 flipping rabbits and 2 guinea pigs. Growing. Quite a bit of veg but a disaster with my swede parsnip and turnips this year. Pulled up some carrots , 3 small turnips, runner beans, broad beans, and some kale for dinner.

Dinner- asda pepper crusted pork joint was absolutely beautiful. I've not tried turnip before so I diced some for mashing and roasted the rest. Shop bought swede , mashed in with the turnip but turnip was woody and had to picked out -horrid. Won't bf growing them again stick to shop for turnips me thinks. Roasted ones were inedible too.
But - the carrots and cabbage and beans were gorgeous. The highlight was the roasted butternut squash- oh my oh my love it. All served with gravy made from oxo cube, chicken bovril and a small handful of mr mash. Yum.
Too stuffed for pud so sneaked of for a soak in the bath.
100_0417.jpg

Last edited:
Awoke this morning feeling cheated of my hexs. We didn't have potatoes says I! I'm not having that!
Lying in bed enjoying a catch up on here And cup of tea.
Plan today Is to have breakfast then tuck into some diy jobs, after lunch OH has to go spend a couple hours with his kids then I'm off to collect mine around 7.
Asda lamb shanks today at some point with minted mash. I'll be back ......

So yesterday went to plan. Had joes sausages, bacon,mushrooms and tomatoes, 2 toast (1b) and a pot of tea for breakfast.
Got on with some jobs, OH stripped.............. Oh sorry stripped the front door as the paint was at least 7 layers thick and really shabby. I got on with housework then-
Lunch- 2 joes sausages with mustard Mayo (1 syn), pack of wotsits (4.5), apple and 2 mikado (1).
Set to on grouting kitchen tiles, getting the extra grout of was like a workout in itself. Had 2 glasses of cranberry light (lidl)
630 drove to pick up kids from their dads, stopped off at coop for bread and milk, Sundays coop always reduce their bread and veg so I got loaves for 60p. Also a bottle of fish sauce - why who knows but I'd seen a recipe for it somewhere. They had all their chicken chunks and slices in the chiller cabinet for 70p which is a massive saving as they are normally £2. Expiry dates are today so they'll get eaten by the kids in sandwiches or frozen. If it sits longer than 2 mins in my house it gets frozen. Last week I had 2 kids in there. They are always teasing me that I freeze everything. Last night I was chopping herbs and putting them in ice cube trays ready to use as I need them. Kids thought this was ingenious and now I'm a bit cool but let's not overdo it too much.

So top tip- buy reduced ,about to expire , herbs usually sold for about 10p ( normally 80p upwards) chop and put in ice cube tray, fill with water, freeze then pop into bags labelled with which herb and keep in freezer til needed. No need to defrost just bung into your dish during cooking.

Dinner- oh how yummy was this
Asda extra special lamb in Mint gravy (3 syns) gorgeous yummy rich gravy, melt in the mouth, I served it with broccoli, carrots roasted butternut, a large baked mushroom with 70g philly light (1hea) and topped with a slice of light cheese from the allowance below and my lovely pebbles minted, mustard cheesy mash. (1hea & 1 heb)

lamb shanks.jpg
Mash pots add a little milk, butterbud sachet, 42g cheese light, teaspoon mustard, 3 teasp fresh chopped mint. Mmmmmmmm.
Too full for pudding but I had cranberry light juice.

Supper - choc brownie skinny cow with a cup of tea (4.5).
So a round up- 2 hebs, 2 heas, 14 syns. You beauty . Sunday I love u x

Last edited:
back again. so i have just had the most yummy breakfast ever. a bowl of special k, (1b) then blueberry pancakes with natural yogurt, strawberries grapes and a drizzle of golden syrup. oh my oh my. (4 syns for the 2 pancakes + 1 syn for the syrup)
blueberry pancakes.jpg

Last edited:
Back