Pebbles + the gangs great grub recipes

JELLY WHIP
blancmage/ jelly mousse whatever u wanna call it. Make up a sugar free jelly (60p for twinpack ) to half pint with boiling water, when cool Mix a tub of quark (70p) and pop into fridge. Lovely I've tried the strawberry , orange and raspberry. If you don't have quark use a couple of matching mullers. The mandarin with the orange jelly is nice. And both options are syn free.
hasn't sugar free jelly got 1.5 syns ? :rolleyes:

Have just found this in my little arhive !

Caesar salad dressing

1tbsp=13 cals

1clove of crushed garlic
1/3 cup of low fat cottage cheese
1/2 cup fat free natural yoghurt
1/4 parmesan cheese
5 tsp White wine vinegar
1/2 tsp worchester sauce
1/8 tsp salt
Pepper

Purée garlic + cottage cheese in blender,then add rest of ingredients and blend again.
Keeps in fridge for 2days.

Yum sounds fab thanks t xx

SPICY APPLE CAKE
serves 8

5 syns per serving on all plans

3 eating apples
2tbsp lemon juice
finely zested rind of 1 lemon
3 large eggs separated
2 oz/57g caster sugar
4 oz/ 113g self raising flour
2 tsp ground cinnamon
2 level tbsp reduced sugar apricot jam

1)preheat oven to 180c/350f/ gas4
grease and line a 7in cake tin (i used round)

2)halve the apples core and slice thinly. place in a bowl along with the lemon juice and rind and toss together.

3) whisk the egg whites until stiff, add sugar and egg yolks and whisk until thick and creamy.sieve in the flour and cinnamon and gently fold in using a large metal spoon, take care to retain as much air as poss.

4) spoon half mixture into the tin, and gently press half the apple into the mix. add remaining mixture and then top with remaining apple.

5) bake for 45-50 mins (i did mine for 40 and that was enough). until brown, risen and firm. - or test with a skewer or knife.
allow to cool, lift out of tin on greaseproof and brush top with the jam (i forgot this bit ! )

divine! kids had it with squirty cream, i just had it with a cuppa.

LOADED POTATO SKINS
enough potatoes for your guests
half of a 300g tub of cottage cheese with chives
cayenne pepper
i used 3 large slices of ham (1heb choice, but it was split between 3 of us, so i'm counting as half a heb on green day. )
1hea cheddar cheese

cut potatoes into large wedges and place in microwave with a cup of water and cook for 6 mins or until just soft

cut potato away from skin leaving a bit of a base.

place skins on a baking sheet, sprinkle with cayenne and bake for 15 mins at gas 6

meanwhile mash the potato in a bowl with ham, salt pepper, cottage cheese and cheddar cheese.

once skins are browned, take out of the oven and load mixture on top. bake for 10 mins more or until browning.

add spring onions, peppers etc to suit your taste, i kept mine simple with cheese and ham cos kids wont eat onions.

tofu choc pudding
made with 1 pack tofu, 2 tsp sweetener, 2 sachets of mint choc options, (4 syns total, but divided by 4 of us. )
fruit and 3 mini meringues (2.5 syns)

Last edited:

tracys Diet coke BBQ sauce

I carton passatta
1/2 of 500ml bottle diet coke/pepsi
I onion chopped
1tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion granuals
1tbsp worchester sauce
1tbsp balsamic vinegar
2tbsp of tomatoe purée
1/4 tsp of chilli powder
1/4 tsp dry mustard powder
2chicken stock cubes
Salt + pepper

Cook onion in frylight till soft.

Add diet coke , then rest of ingredients and cook until you get the right consistency .

Adjust the seasoning and play around with the ingredients to suite your taste,as this is a recipie I came up with oneday by just throwing some stuff together !!

I use this with mince,diced pork ,sausages and even sw new York chicken and it's yummy :)

Just want to say thanks to everyone, especially Pebbles, for the recipes on this thread. Lots of them will be tried out over the next few weeks. :D

wow this is amazing... i was about to give up slimming world but decided against it... been looking on here all day and just came across this thread... I cant wait to try some out :)

' petes butternut squash and chicken curry' posted by the incredibly talented 'bilsat'

he says its probably the best sw curry hes tasted.

so recipe
Pete’s Butternut Squash Chicken Curry

Serves 4
Ingredients

425g/½ butternut squash
1 onion, chopped
1tsp “easy lazy” garlic
1tsp “easy Lazy” ginger
1tsp cumin
1tsp turmeric
1tsp coriander
1tsp garam masala
1tsp madras curry powder
600g chicken, pre-cooked, chopped into cubes
750mL chicken stock
400g Chopped Tomatoes

Method

(This can be made in advance.)
Chop up the butternut squash into small cubes; leave the skin on, extra fibre!
i didnt

Spray a large saucepan with Fry Light and add chopped onion, ginger & garlic, cook for 7 mins, with a lid on the pan.

Add butternut squash, madras curry powder and chicken stock, cook for 40 mins, remove from the heat and liquidize with a hand blender.

now i stopped here! i tasted the sauce and it was absolutely blooming gorgeous, best sauce ever. see below

Continue.

Place back on heat and add cumin, turmeric and coriander, cook for 1 min, add tomato and chicken cook until chicken has been cooked through. Add garam masala 5 min before serving.
Serve on a bed of rice with a side salad.

so as i said above, i stopped after blitzing point . it tasted fab and i didnt want to risk spoiling it. next time im going to make it as full recipe . i added my bag of prawns and let it heat through. then served with jasmine rice done in my rice cooker and i have to say im hooked, best rice ever, never tried it before. also served with my sag aloo which was yummy.

Romano peppers stuffed with puy lentils and Greek cheese

1 Romano pepper per person
100g puy lentils per person
Fry light
Ginger paste, lazy ginger whatever you've got
Any herb
28g Greek grilling cheese per person

Slice peppers in half lengthways and deseed. Spray with frylight sprinkle some herbs I used sage , add a small smear of ginger to each pepper then bake until soft and starting to char . Meanwhile cook puy lentils in stock of your choice until soft . Or buy them in a vacuum pack ready cooked. I have tried both and usually buy gourmet merchant range from all supermarkets. When cooked add to peppers and top with grilling cheese, you could use any cheese but I wanted to try someThing different. Pop under grill unt brown.

image-1582454391.jpg

CHILLI PRAWN NOODLES

this was a recipe listed on a thread about zizzis restaurant prawn linguine.

I adapted it to fit in with what I had in the fridge.

1/2 onion , i had spring onions so used 4, finely chopped with a Clove of garlic, Fry for 5 mins, add 1 redchilli chopped, after 2 mins add a chopped red pepper and another 2 mins add a tin of plum tomatoes, and a tbsp Tom puree. I used half large carton of passata and a dozen cherry toms chopped into quarters and Tom puree. Add teasp of sugar or sweetener, pinch salt and simmer 10 mins. Then add prawns for 5 mins. Boil linguine or noodles then add to prawns .

image-1739451163.jpg

Chicken butternut squash and mushy pea curry

I chopped an onion and put half into fry lighted pan. Cook for 2 mins add tsp lazy garlic or a crushed clove, tsp lazy ginger or fresh if preferred. cook through. Add half chopped butternut squash, half green pepper ( an odd bit I had in fridge- whatever you've got free) add 1 tsp garam masala, Pint of stock, a tablespoon of pataks curry paste ( needs synning) or 1 tsp curry powder if not got pataks , chopped coriander and let simmer until bns is tender(15-20 min). Add salt and pepper.and a tin of mushy peas, stir through. Remove from heat . Allow to cool slightly, then blitz into a sauce. chop 2 large chicken breasts into Bite sized pieces and fry in frylighted pan. When brown Add to curry sauce, fry other half of onion and approx 6-8 medium sized mushrooms in large chunks . When done add to curry and serve .

image-387922680.jpg

image-2605152441.jpg

CRAB RED PESTO & CHILLI LINGUINE
serves 2

1 tin crab meat. (bought mine in asda £2.70 ish)
Enough linguine or spaghetti for 2 people
1tsp red chilli chopped or use lazy chilli
1 tbsp red pesto (2 syns)
Parmesan shavings to dress
2 handfuls frozen peas

Cook spaghetti, add peas and chilli a few mins before spaghetti done.
Drain and stir in pesto.
Serve into dishes then divide crab between the 2, and toss.
Top with some Parmesan shavings .

Last edited:
tracys Diet coke BBQ sauce

I carton passatta
1/2 of 500ml bottle diet coke/pepsi
I onion chopped
1tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion granuals
1tbsp worchester sauce
1tbsp balsamic vinegar
2tbsp of tomatoe purée
1/4 tsp of chilli powder
1/4 tsp dry mustard powder
2chicken stock cubes
Salt + pepper

Cook onion in frylight till soft.

Add diet coke , then rest of ingredients and cook until you get the right consistency .

Adjust the seasoning and play around with the ingredients to suite your taste,as this is a recipie I came up with oneday by just throwing some stuff together !!

I use this with mince,diced pork ,sausages and even sw new York chicken and it's yummy :)

Sounds amazing, must try it. Found the SW Syn free BBQ too spicy.

Could this be doubled up and frozen in packs?
Thanks, Marian x

Back