Pebbles + the gangs great grub recipes

Marian this recipe is lovely the trick is to get it bubbling and nice and thick n sticky. And I agree I find the BBQ one too spicy even when I use half the chilli powder.
I've frozen it before and it's been fine . Regards dee

Marian this recipe is lovely the trick is to get it bubbling and nice and thick n sticky. And I agree I find the BBQ one too spicy even when I use half the chilli powder.
I've frozen it before and it's been fine . Regards dee
Thanks a mil Dee - can't wait to try it with my favourite "Chicken New Yorker" x

image-4252454896.jpg

Debs 'get back on it soup'

½ tbsp olive oil, or frylight
1 medium onion, chopped
3 sticks of celery
2 garlic cloves, chopped
1 head of broccoli, or mix of broccoli and cauliflower
Half a small cabbage, chopped
1½ L boiling water
2 chicken stock cubes
A mugful of peas
A pinch of salt and pepper

Heat the oil and then gently cook the onion, celery and garlic until soft but NOT browned. Chop the stalks from the broccoli and throw them in to the pan. Cook for a few minutes and then add the broccoli florets and cabbage.

Pour in the boiling water and stock and cook for 15 mins or until tender. Blitz with blender, then add the peas Season and serve. Yum

Last edited:
MELT IN THE MIDDLE BURGERS WITH CHEESY MUSHROOM SAUCE, AND SW CHIPS

yummy and not dry at all.
454g (1lb) mince
12 mushrooms
1 onion
1 red pepper
1tsp of lazy garlic or 1 crushed clove
1 tsp of lazy ginger
1. Tbsp tomato puree
1 tsp dried herbs or seasoning whatever you fancy, I used Schwartz Pork seasoning.
Salt n pepper
Mini babybel light cheeses or Stilton/cheddAr etc from daily allowance.

Blitz the pepper onion and mushrooms in a blender, until chopped finely. Tip into a bowl and Add the other ingredients except cheese, Form into burger shapes then make a dip in the top press in the babybel or other cheese portion and form burger again around it.
Bake on a tray in oven gas 6 15-20 mins

Make the cheesy mushroom sauce by chopping 4 mushrooms into a saucepan with a tub of philadelhia light, whichever flavour you prefer.
melt into a sauce and serve .

image-2810992711.jpg

MINTED LAMB CHOPS WITH ROASTED VEG

Pack of minted lamb chops from butcher
1 Garlic clove or more if you want
A couple of sprigs Fresh rosemary & 4/5 sage leaves
Any veg you have for roasting.
(I used what i had left in fridge- half a leek, quarter of an onion, 2 carrots, 1 large potato, 1 large parsnip, 2 large tomatoes, 1 red pepper, 6 mushrooms)

Spray ovendish with fry light, chop all veg and throw into pan with chopped garlic spray again season and stir, add herbs then bake on gas 7 until roasted. Meanwhile place minted chops In oven, cook. Then serve

image-1890204198.jpg

CHEESY POTATO PIE

serves 4 as veg accompaniment or 2 very large portions As main dish.

Peel and Cube 3 large baking potatoes and boil until tender.
Meanwhile chop half a leek and slice half a dozen mushrooms, cook in frylight.
Then mash potatoes with 300ml of veg stock from a veg stock cube. Stir in half a tub of Philly any flavour, Salt, pepper and a tsp garlic powder.
Add leeks and mushrooms, and a handful of peas. Add 2 hea's of grated cheese from Allowance - stir together, then transfer to baking dish, top with another 2 hea's of any cheese ( i used cheddar in the mash and emmental on top) and cook until melted and browned approx 20 mins.

image-414367921.jpg

image-236590143.jpg

And for my next trick.......,

Teriyaki chicken - use marinade for beef, salmon, pork too.

Mix the following:
2 crushed garlic
1 inch piece ginger grated
2 tablespoons tomato ketchup
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
Salt pepper

Spoon onto meat and cover, leave in fridge for 2 hrs minimum.
I used chicken Breast and sliced them in half

Preheat oven cook 15 mins

Boil pasta , then stir in philly light , sliced mushrooms and a grating of garlic n chilli salts.
image-3161353593.jpg

So this is what I had yesterday:

Egg wraps
Makes 1

2 eggs
2 tbsp of water

mix both together and pour into a pan sprayed with fry light.
Cook over a gentle heat till it looks set on top.
Fill with the filling of your choice.

I had beef fajita mix in mine,and I made a tub of my own seasoning from this recipe:

And yesterday lunch time I made some smoky noodle soup.

Ingredients

Noodles/short spaghetti
Sliced onions
Sliced peppers
Sweetcorn
Grated carrot
Garlic powder
Chicken bovril
Hot pepper sauce
Smoked dried chipotle chillies

Directions

Cook noodles then rinse in cold water and set aside.
Pour some boiling water into a saucepan and add all the ingredients ( but not the noodles,or chilli or hot pepper sauce)
Snip the dried chilli with scissors,and add enough for your taste.also add the hot pepper sauce sparingly until it is to your taste.
Let this bubble away until the veg has cook a little bit.add some salt if needed.
Just before serving put the noodles back in and gently heat through.

Attachments

• image-2371260491.png
    image-2371260491.png
    62.5 KB · Views: 231
  • image-2706686048.png
    image-2706686048.png
    62.8 KB · Views: 208
Tracy831 said:
So this is what I had yesterday:

Egg wraps
Makes 1

2 eggs
2 tbsp of water

mix both together and pour into a pan sprayed with fry light.
Cook over a gentle heat till it looks set on top.
Fill with the filling of your choice.

I had beef fajita mix in mine,and I made a tub of my own seasoning from this recipe:

And yesterday lunch time I made some smoky noodle soup.

Ingredients

Noodles/short spaghetti
Sliced onions
Sliced peppers
Sweetcorn
Grated carrot
Garlic powder
Chicken bovril
Hot pepper sauce
Smoked dried chipotle chillies

Directions

Cook noodles then rinse in cold water and set aside.
Pour some boiling water into a saucepan and add all the ingredients ( but not the noodles,or chilli or hot pepper sauce)
Snip the dried chilli with scissors,and add enough for your taste.also add the hot pepper sauce sparingly until it is to your taste.
Let this bubble away until the veg has cook a little bit.add some salt if needed.
Just before serving put the noodles back in and gently heat through.

Thanks Tracy xxxx

Natural yogurt with fruit compote

1 tbsp raisins or sultanas, 1 tbsp lemon juice, 1/2 cinnamon stick, 2tbsp sweetener, 2 tbsp water, 2 dessert apples.

Put all ingredients in a small saucepan except apples. Simmer until sugar dissolves, then add apples cores peeled and sliced, add more water if need be to almost cover apple. Then simmer until apples cooked and almost all liquid gone . Serve.

image-1154922685.jpg

Dinner oh my it's gorgeous
Spaghetti carbonara from Jan/ feb mag.

Cook spaghetti or tagliatelle as instructions, meanwhile cook 100g chopped bacon in frylight , for 2 mins, add 4 cloves garlic crushed, stir fry til cooked. Drain pasta add bacon and 3 beaten eggs ( hot pasta will cook egg mix) add 50g Parmesan, season and toss.
Divide spaghetti between 4, garnish with flat leaf parsley and more Parmesan. Serve with side salad.

image-217820366.jpg

SEARED SALMON WITH PESTO & PEA MASH

Serves 2
Syn free
400g potatoes peeled and chopped into large chunks
12 cherry tomatoes
2 spring onions
Half a lemon zest & juice
Handful fresh basil leaves
2 skinless boneless salmon fillets
Pinch of dried crushed red
chilli
Green beans
2 handfuls peas
90 ml hot veg stock

Boil potatoes for 15 mins then set aside - don't drain. Meanwhile chop onion, 5 basil leaves and mix In A bowl with lemon zest.
Drizzle lemon juice over salmon and sprinkle chilli and season.
Place top side down In a frylighted frying pan. Fry for 5 mins til brown. Turn over then add tomatoes to pan for further 7 mins. Until tomatoes begin to blister.
Steam beans for 8 mins. Add peas to potatoes and boil for 3 min, drain then add veg stock and mash, add basil and onion mix, season to taste. Serve beans then add mash to plate placing salmon onto mash. Gorgeous-

image-837190956.jpg

SLIMMING WORLD FLAPJACK
6 syns a slice

120g porridge oats (20 syns)
56g sultanas (8 syns)
2 tbsp of honey (6 syns)
56g mashed banana (3 syns)

Mix all together and press into a small tin that has been sprayed with frylighy.

Bake in the oven till edges start to colour.

Score into 6 bars whilst hot,it will look a bit crumbly but will harden once cooled.

Teriyaki chicken & mushroom stir fry

Serves 4
red day=1 syn, green 2.5 plus a heb for chicken.

3 garlic cloves
1 red chilli
10 spring onions
4 chicken breasts
7oz/198g mushrooms
2 red peppers
Fry light
1 tsp fresh chopped Ginger or lazy Ginger
7floz/ 198ml chick stock from bovril
2 tbsp teriyaki sauce
1 tbsp chopped coriander
1 level tsp sesame seeds

Teriyaki sauce- I found some in a small tesco they only had the one type and it was in a bottle and about £2.45 ish but I got it thinking I'll just have to eat Chinese daily. Anyway the recipe from sw states 2 tbsp but I doubled it because it wasn't strong enough for me. Try it and see how you go, taste it and add more. Plus I'm sure other bigger shops will have wider range.

So, thinly slice garlic chilli and chicken, cut onions into diagonal lengths, slice mushrooms and peppers, spray a wok with fry light add garlic chilli Ginger onions fry for 1 minute. Increase heat and add chicken for 6 mins , then add stock and cook rapidly to reduce half the liquid then add peppers and mushrooms, for 6 mins. add teriyaki sauce and toss then add coriander and sesame seeds then serve. I added noodles too when I added mushrooms.

Back