Pebbles + the gangs great grub recipes

Diet fanta chicken

This was for 4 servings. Syn free using chicken as a heb on green. Syn free on ee served with rice or sw chips , syn free on red served with heb of pasta or spaghetti or wholemeal pitta( asda/ coop)

1 carrot
1 red pepper
1 yellow pepper
1 onion
1 tsp garlic granules
1tsp lazy chilli or a few thin slices of fresh
1/2 pack mini corn I had left over
3 mushrooms I had left
1 tbsp vinegar
330ml of diet orange
1 tin chopped tomatoes/ I used half a large carton of passata.
3 chicken breasts

Frylight pan Add carrots, peppers onions chilli garlic and mushrooms for 5 mins add chicken passata and vinegar and orange. Allow to simmer until reduced and thick- took about 15 mins of me worrying it was going to stay watery. But it reached it's peak beautifully and was delicious.

dietfantachicken.jpg

Last edited:
Bunnylushes sundried balsamic pasta
She's says
' I use my slow cooker but I'm sure you can do it in a lidded casserole dish in the oven?

A full pack of small vine tomatoes ( or any) put into SC. squash a little to break skins.

A chopped garlic put in SC

A big slosh or 5 tbsp balsamic vinegar put in SC

I leave mine on low all day or half a day. In oven I'm guessing 45 mins to hour?

When ready to eat ,boil pasta,drain, throw into SC. to soak up juice. Serve and eat with a spoon or your chasing pasta. It's so so tasty.'

Gino di campo's spaghetti bolognese bake
Serves 4-6
2 HEX A for whole dish

1 onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, sliced
1 carrot, grated
500g extra lean mince
500g passata
1 tbsp tomato puree
few dashes of worcester sauce
small handful dried oregano
300g dried spaghetti
4 large eggs
4 tbsp fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
50g fresh parmesan, grated

1. Heat Frylight in a large pan and add the onion, garlic & carrot, frying for 5 mins.

2. Add the mince and cook for a further 5 mins.

3. Pour in the passata, add the oregano, worcester, tomato puree and salt & pepper. Cook over a medium heat for 10 mins, stirring occasionally.

4. Meanwhile cook the pasta until al dent. Drain and add to the pan with the meat sauce. Stir well and leave to cool a bit. Preheat oven to 180.

5. Break the eggs into the meat sauce & pasta in the pan, add the parsley and and the parmesan. Mix everything well.

6. Spray a 28cm diameter baking dish (sides about 5cm high) with Fry light. Tip in the pasta mix and spread out.

7. Cook in oven for 20 mins until crispy and set. Remove and allow to rest for 5 mins.

8. Serve with a rocket salad drizzled with a good quality thick balsamic vinegar

gino.jpg

Last edited:
Lemon drizzle cupcakes

I made it as one cake and cut into 8 bars.
63 syns per cake , makes 18 cupcakes so 3.5 per cake. So cut into 8 bars is 8 syns each.

Ingredients
-3 eggs
-60g low fat spread
-100g sugar (yes sugar, sweetener would make them about 2.5 syns ish but sweetener tastes nasty)
-115g self raising flour
Juice from 1 lemon

For top
-8tsp icing sugar
-lemon juice to mix

Method
1. Preheat oven to 180/gas Mark 4
2. Whisk eggs , butter and sugar together
3. Fold in flour, and mix in lemon juice
Pour into 18 cupcake case (they come out quite small but tasty)
Cook for 15-20 mins until they spring back

4. When cooled mix lemon juice into icing sugar gradually until the desired constancy is achieved and drizzle over cupcakes

enjoy them

image-1440569690.jpg

image-2715941998.jpg

Yummy

Pete’s Beef Stroganoff

Ingredients

400g Sainsbury’s extra lean casserole steak, sliced into strips (ff)
... 2 onions, sliced (s)(sff)
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped (sff)
150g button mushrooms (s)(sff)
1tsp paprika
1tbsp Worcester sauce
1 Knorr herb stock pot. ( I used a tsp of mixed herbs)
1 Knorr beef stock pot made into 250ml stock
1 pack of Schultz garlic, mushroom & cream sauce (4.5 syn/4=1.125 syns each)
350mL skimmed milk (3syn/4=0.75 syn each)
300g long grain rice (ff)
1 chilli, finely chopped & de-seeded (s)(sff)
Cupful of frozen peas (ss)(ff)

Method

slice beef into thin strips, cook dry in a frying pan until browned, remove & set aside in a bowl

Spray the frying pan with Fry Light and sweat the onions, chilli & garlic, add the button mushrooms & cook for a few minutes, add the Knorr Herb stock pot, mix well until the herbs are infused.

Add the beef, mix well, and add beef stock & Worcester sauce. Make up the sauce mix as per the instructions on the packet and when it starts to thicken, add to the beef & mushrooms, mix well, add the paprika. (At this point you could place ingredients in a slow cooker and leave to slow cook.) seasoning & cook for 20-30 mins. Put the peas in 5 mins before serving

beefstroganof.jpg

Attachments

• image-2132852312.jpg
    image-2132852312.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 267
Last edited:
INSTANT MASH POTATO PIZZA

packet of mr mash instant potato mix
garlic granules
... oregano
onion powder
toppings of choice

i mixed the mr mash with some boiling water, i just kept adding a little at a time to make a dough.
then i added some garlic granules, onion powder, teaspoon of oregano, chopped onion . then sprayed a pizza dish with fry light and pressed it into the dish as thin as possible, then rolled it to smooth it down.
popped it into the oven and baked it for about 15 mins until it was golden brown, then turned it over onto the other side and baked again.
when done i smeared some passata mixed with a squidge of tomato puree over it, then topped with more oregano. i chargrilled some courgettes, red and green peppers, mushrooms, onions, and a turkey steak. spread all ingredients out onto pizza, topped with 84g mozarella and 28g cheddar.
baked until cheese was melted.

charpizza.jpg

Last edited:
Pete's Gravy...............

1 onion, finely chopped (s) (sff)
1 garlic, finely chopped (sff)
1 Knorr beef stock cube
1tsp oregano
1tbsp tomato puree (0.5 syn)
Water

In a small saucepan, sprayed with Fry Light, cook the onion & garlic until soft, add stock cube, oregano and water to suit amount of gravy you want, bring to a boil then, add tomato puree, reduce the heat,allow to simmer & cook until the gravy thickens.

SPICED PLUM & APPLE CRUMBLE
serves 2 comfortably or 3 with space for more. 7 syns per serving if 2, or 5 syns if dividing into 3.

250g apples halved cored peeled and sliced
... juice of a small orange and 1 tbsp zest finely grated
2 tbsp sweetener
1 cinnamon stick
1 clove
150g ripe plums stoned and quartered
2 reduced fat digestives - i used 2 weight watchers biscuits
1 tbsp porridge oats
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground ginger

preheat oven to 200c / 400f/ gas 6
put apples in a pan with sweetener, orange juice and zest, cinnamon stick, clove, and 1 tbsp water. bring to the boil, then cover simmer on low heat for 5 mins.
add plums and heat for further 5 mins.
discard cinnamon and clove and transfer mix to an ovenproof dish. place biscuits, oats, ginger and cinnamon into a food processor and pulse into a crumb mix.
scatter over fruit and bake for 20 mins.

easily the best cumble ive had on slimming world . it was flipping gorgeous.

spicedplumcrumble.jpg

plumcrumble.jpg

Attachments

• spiced plum crumble.jpg
    spiced plum crumble.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 237
  • plum crumble.jpg
    plum crumble.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 230
Last edited:
BARNEYS RICE
its dead easy and lovely.

fry light
... 1 egg, beaten with about 2 tbsp water
1 onion , chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 heaped tbsp curry powder
2 tbsp tomato ketchup
a large handful of frozen peas(about 85g/3oz)
250g leftover cold cooked rice (any type) or a 250g pouch of ready cooked rice
175g cooked chicken or pork , shredded into strips
a good splash of soy sauce

Heat a large non-stick frying pan over a highish heat.spray with fry light Pour in the beaten egg, swoosh it around the pan and leave it to set for a minute. Flip it over like a pancake and let it cook for a minute more on the otherside, then tip it out flat on to a plate.

respray the pan. Tip in the onion and sizzle for 3-4 minutes until it's starting to brown, then stir in the garlic, curry powder and ketchup. Add the peas and cook for a minute or two until they start to defrost. Tip in the rice, cooked meat and a glass of water (100ml/31⁄2fl oz) and cook over a medium heat for 5-6 minutes, stirring as you go, until everything's piping hot and the rice has taken on the colour of the curry powder.
While your rice is frying, shred the omelette into long strips. Toss the omelette and soy sauce through the rice and cook for a moment more. Scoop the rice on to plates straight from the pan and serve with extra soy sauce for sprinkling over.

barneysrice.jpg

Last edited:
BROCCOLI AND CHEDDAR SOUFFLE
I halved the recipe and it did 4 ramekin dishes. So I will list the recipe as half then double it if you want bigger souffles . Syn free.

... Preheat oven to 4 / 180 c 350f
Place a roasting tin/ baking dish 1/3rd full of hot water in oven.
Spray ramekin dishes, heat frying pan, spray with frylight, stir fry 100g of finely chopped broccoli with 1 large finely chopped spring onion for 6 mins. Meanwhile whisk 3 egg whites until just stiff. In a separate bowl whisk egg yolks then stir in the broccoli mix. Add 1/4 tsp mustard powder, and a teaspoon of any herb you have. Season then crumble in 30g of cheddar or Stilton . Slowly fold in egg whites with metal spoon. Spoon mix into ramekins place into dish in oven and bake for 20 mins.
BROCCOLIANDCHEESESOUFFLE.jpg

Last edited:
MEDITERRANEAN CHICKEN BAKE
RECIPE USES 4 CHICKEN THIGHS TO SERVE 4 BUT I USED 7 AS THEY WERE TOO SMALL TO GIVE THE BOYS ONLY 1!

chicken thighs skin removed
... 681g potatoes thickly sliced
511g tomatoes thickly sliced, i used normal sized but i think cherry vines would have been nicer
3onions sliced
fresh herbs about a handful - i used mint, coriander and parsley as thats what i had in.
4 garlic cloves finely chopped
1 tsp chilli flakes i used lazy chilli
finely grated zest and juice of 1 lemon - THIS MADE IT VERY LEMONY SO I WOULD USE HALF THE ZEST AND JUICE NEXT TIME SO ITS NOT OVERPOWERING
142ml chicken stock

preheat oven gas 6/ 200c
season chicken thighs with salt and pepper then fry in a pan until all sides are browning and 'sealed, recipe said 4 mins i did it for about 9.
remove from pan then reuse pan to fry potatoes until browned, then onions.
layer the base of a roasting dish with the potatoes onions and tomatoes. top with chicken then sprinkle on chilli, garlic, herbs, and lemon. add the stock, cover with foil and bake for 20 mins, then remove foil and bake until you are happy its all browned enough.

i say this as the sw recipe said cook for 10-15 mins! hello! thats not long enough for everything to cook. especially chicken on bone. i checked after stated time and toms and onions were still hard and chicken was not cooked so i would remove foil after 20 then continue cooking. i did another 17 mins. i served mine with mashed celeriac and brussels. warming winter dish that went down well except with lolly who said it was like eating lemons.
meditbake.jpg

Attachments

• medit bake.jpg
    medit bake.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 236
Last edited:
THE TASTIEST SHEPHERDS PIE

2 carrots
1 onion
2 cloves garlic
2 sticks of celery
2 tsp oregano
1 tsp sweetener
1 rich beef stockpot ( or 2 beef oxos or 2 tsp chicken or beef bovril. )
1 tin of chopped tomatoes
908g of a mixture of swede and potato
1 egg
350g lean minced beef or lamb

peel and chop swede and potato, boil in a pan of water until tender. drain season and set aside. peel and finely chop onion, celery and carrot,
peel and crush garlic. add them to a pan sprayed with frylight. cook for 5 mins, then add mince, cook for 5 mins.
preheat oven to gas 6/ 200c
add tomatoes, stockpot, sweetener and oregano. stir to mix, bring to boil then set aside.
transfer to a pie dish. blend the potato and swede in a food processor and top mince. beat the egg and brush over the mash. bake for 30 mins.
bloody gorgeous.

shepherdspie.jpg

SPICED COURGETTE FRITTERS

from jan/feb 2012, serves 4, makes 8. 1.5 syns per serving. ready in 15 mins
i halved the whole recipe and we still had 2 large fritters each.

3 courgettes grated or whizzed in blitzer
200g feta cheese crumbled
2 tsp cumin seeds
small handful fresh herbs
1 red chilli deseeded and finely chopped
2 eggs beaten
2 level tbsp self raising flour
salt and pepper

put courgette into a fine sieve and press with back of spoon to extract as much liquid as possible. transfer to a bowl with cumin seeds, feta, chilli, eggs and flour, season and mix well.

either spray a pan with frylight and cook on both sides for 2-3 mins or i used a george foreman grilling machine

ddedd066.jpg

ALL ABOARD FISH PIE

500G white fish and smoked/dyed fish or salmon . I used 250G cod, 250G smoked dyed haddock

100G small prawns
tub of quark
75g of peas or sweetcorn
4 eggs
400ml fish stock, i used a fish stockpot jelly pot and topped it up with hot water.
(stockpots 2 for £3 at moment in tesco and sainsbury)
4 large potatoes
2 heas of cheese

i wanted a fish pie with a creamy thickish sauce not a runny watery one which ive had before, so i adapted 3 sw recipes to get the right thing.

skin the fish and place in a saucepan add 200ml water and half a fish stockpot. allow to reach the boil and cook gently for 7 mins.
meanwhile peel & dice potatoes and boil.
boil 3 of the 4 eggs.

flake the fish and put into an ovenproof dish, add prawns and sweetcorn/peas.

beat the quark in a bowl with half of remaining fish stockpot, and 200ml hot water and the remaining egg.
add a tablespoon of herbs i used some chopped parsley and some dill. mix well and pour over fish.
season .
mash the potatoes or whisk with an electric hand mixer, i added a butterbud sachet (0.5 syns) and enough water to get a creamy mash then topped fish. i grated 2 heas of cheddar on top and baked gas 6 for 25 mins.

2259868a.jpg

9f47cc10.jpg

sweet potato fritters with lemon & garlic mayo

serves 4. 1.5 syns per serving

652g sweet potato peeled and into chunks
1 red chilli deseeded and chopped
4 spring onions thinly sliced.
2 crushed garlic
1 tsp cumin seeds
handful of fresh coriander chopped
salt and pepper

lemon garlic mayo
6 level tbsp extra light mayo
4 tbsp quark or fromage frais
1 garlic clove crushed
finely grated zest of 1 lemon

boil sweet potato,for 10 mins then drain & mash.stir in chilli, cumin, coriander, garlic, onions, and seasoning.

divide mixture into 12 mounds and shape like burgers. ( i did 24 little bite sized ones)

fry in a frylighted pan over a medium heat for 5-6 mins until browned turning
once.

to make the mayo, add all ingredients and mix well.

7468bf36.jpg

Mustard pork loin chops, parsnip purée , mashed potato and savoy cabbage .

Pork loin chops, in a frying pan, brown both sides, add 2 tsp mustard powder, black pepper, 400ml chicken stock, leave to simmer til sauce thickens. Steam cabbage, mash potatoes, boil parsnips and add to a food processor with a couple tablespoons chicken stock then purée

ba2624de.jpg

Back