Pebbles + the gangs great grub recipes

cheese scones - syn free on extra easy / green
--------------------------------------------------------
300g of cottage cheese and a pack of smash, mixed with 3 beaten eggs and a tsp mustard powder. add a tsp garlic granules, tsp onion powder, tsp dried herbs and 1/2 tsp paprika . Mix then make into scone shapes frylight baking sheet and place scones on it then frylight again and bake gas 5 for 25 mins . I sprinkled cheese on top for last 4 mins

image-49759944.jpg

Reggae reggae chicken with roasted veg and couscous
---------------------------------------------

Basically - cut 3 breasts in half lengthways ( needed them to cook quicker) then chopped red green and yellow peppers into chunks. Fry lighted a dish threw it all in and drizzled reggae reggae jerk/ BBQ sauce on the chook. Into the oven for 20 mins then a slither of cheese on top of chicken and cook until melted. Served with couscous for the family and piled on top of a jacket potato for me.

image-1040574173.jpg

I love some of your menu ideas and will be trying them over the coming weeks, the cheese scones are gorgeous, however I confess to cheating and using flavoured cc and smash instead of adding my own flavours - still lovely though and so quick. If you use the cheese and chive cc and the cheese and onion smash they make a perfect alternative to the cheese topped rolls I used to love for my sandwiches before joining SW.
Hayley

MisFortunate said:
I love some of your menu ideas and will be trying them over the coming weeks, the cheese scones are gorgeous, however I confess to cheating and using flavoured cc and smash instead of adding my own flavours - still lovely though and so quick. If you use the cheese and chive cc and the cheese and onion smash they make a perfect alternative to the cheese topped rolls I used to love for my sandwiches before joining SW.
Hayley

Thank you. I've used the chive cottage cheese and thought they were tasty, tomato purée and Italian herb is nice too. I'm going to try it with sultanas or cherries next. Plus another on the 'to do' list is spring onion with bacon. X

Last edited:
Tried with chilly cottage cheese 2night they're lovely ready to go with traditional Lobscows (all ready in slow cooker) for tea 2 morrow

SLOW COOKER LAMB CASSEROLE
-------------------------------------------

1 pack of icelands frozen lamb chops
1 tin chopped tomatoes
1 red onion cut into chunks
4 carrots cut into chunks
2tbsp mint sauce
1 beef oxo
Salt pepper

Put all ingredients into slow cooker and cook on medium for 6-8 hrs

image-828347438.jpg

Scouse in slow cooker again 2day Thought a meal that's warm filling and that just gets done on it's own would be ideal and SYN free although OH has bread with his I really do not need it

The tomato and herbs in scones sound a lovely accompaniment to soups MUST TRY but afraid it will be after the festivities now!
Wonder why but out 2morrow trying to have time for WI on Monday and after midnight service and festivities will be here

CHEESY POTATO & VEGETABLE PIE
--------------------------------------------

1 onion finely chopped
2 carrots finely chopped
2 garlic cloves crushed
Enough potatoes for 4
Double Gloucester cheese (4 healthy extra a choices)
Cupful of peas or sweet corn
Veg stock cube
Fry light a pan and add onions ,garlic, and carrots stir fry until tender, meanwhile peel and chop enough potatoes for 4 people and dice. Boil until cooked, mash with veg stock . Stir into veg, add peas and half of the cheese grated. Transfer to an ovenproof dish top with remaining cheese and cook for 20 mins on gas 6.

image-4219077387.jpg

A very quick and easy lunch and extremely yummy.

Cheesy mushroom & spring green jacket
------------------------------------------

I made it just for myself so double up on quantities if needed.
1 jacket potato
6 mushrooms sliced
1 large leaf of spring green or Savoy cabbage shredded
finely 1 tsp mustard( I used wholegrain)
30g cheese (I used some cheddar & chive from a slab I had left over from Xmas)
3 tbsp milk
1 clove garlic sliced

image-426204611.jpg

Cook jacket potato, then spray a pan with fry light add mushrooms and garlic, cook 2-3 mins until brown, remove from pan, frylight again and cook spring greens for 5 mins until tender. Mix mushrooms into greens and put on top of jacket. In the pan add the cheese grated, the milk and mustard and heat until cheese is melted, stir continuously to stop it from curdling. Pour on top of mushrooms and serve with black pepper and a sprig of coriander. Free on green & extra easy, add 6 If not using cheese as healthy extra. X

CHICKEN & MUSHROOM CURRY , CAULIFLOWER & POTATO CURRY

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 butternut squash peeled and cubed
1 onion chopped
3 garlic cloves crushed
1 tsp lazy ginger
1 tsp lazy red chillies
2 veg stock cubes
2 tsp chicken bovril
2 tsp curry powder
4 chicken breasts
8 mushrooms sliced or quartered
2 tsp curry paste

To a Fry lighted pan, add the onion,garlic, chilli, ginger and fry until onion is soft.
Add butternut, stock cubes and 200ml water, and curry powder.
When butternut is cooked blitz with a hand blender to make a thick sauce.

Cut chicken into bite size pieces, fry light a pan and sir fry the chicken for 4 mins then add mushrooms. Add curry paste and salt n pepper to taste. When chicken is cooked add curry sauce and serve with rice and sag aloo.

image-499884989.jpg

Attachments

• image-1009100296.jpg
    image-1009100296.jpg
    385.5 KB · Views: 188
SLIMMING WORLD KENTUCKY FRIED CHICKEN --------------------------------------------------------- I used a bag of 10 mini breast fillets, if using drumsticks then boil them in water first until cooked. 5 tbsp chicken bovril paste 1 egg 1 crushed clove of garlic or 1 tsp garlic granules 2 tsp of ground black pepper 2 tsp of mixed spice 1 tsp of mild chilli powder 4 slices of bread 2 tsp of mixed herbs Place bread and mixed herbs into a food processor and blend until crumbled and empty onto a large dish . Put bovril paste in a bowl and mix in the egg, garlic, pepper, spice and chilli until you have a gloopy paste Switch oven onto high and spray a tray with frylight. Dip chicken into gloopy paste then into breadcrumb mix and onto tray. Spray again with frylight and bake for 10 - 15 mins or until cooked.

Ignore butternut risotto photo - cant delete it

Attachments

• image-2979351972.jpg
    image-2979351972.jpg
    324.3 KB · Views: 178
  • image-1702620026.jpg
    image-1702620026.jpg
    621.6 KB · Views: 218
BLUEBERRY PANCAKES
-----------------------------
from a sw mag. Serves 4
128g packet batter mix
3tbsp sweetener
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp bicarbonate soda
1 beaten egg
113g blueberries
Fry light

Your choice of maple or golden syrup both 2 syns for a tbsp.
Mix all ingredients with 142ml water, spray pan with fry light and cook pancakes for a few minutes each side. Serve with fruit natural yogurt and a drizzle of syrup.
2 Pancakes are 4 syns without syrup. I used a tsp of syrup for 1 syn . X

image-583215037.jpg

Love your recipes thank you for them keep them coming girl I should start a thread myself it would make me write them down then maybe I could get the same results every time all are always a success but never the same as I'm a devil I never measure anything plus they tend to change depending what veg etc I have in lol !
Thanks again pebbles

COWBOY PIE
----------------

Serves 4

500g pack extra lean minced beef
6 spring onions, white bulb thinly sliced and green leaves finely chopped
500g pack fresh diced carrot and swede
415g can baked beans
300ml beef stock
2tbsp worcestershire sauce
1tsp dried mixed herbs
salt and pepper
2x107g packs instant mash potato cheddar and onion flavour
2 eggs, beaten

1) Place a pan sprayed with Fry Light over a medium heat. Add the minced beef and stir fry for 3 minutes Then add the white spring onions to the mince and stir fry for a further 2 minutes or until the meat is browned.
2) Add the carrot and swede, baked beans, beef stock, worcestershire sauce and herbs, then season.
Bring to the boil, cover, reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 40 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3) Preheat the grill to medium. Make the mash according to packet instructions. Add the spring onion greens to the mash with half the egg and beat well. Divide the mince mixture between 4 ovenproof pie dishes, then spoon over the mash.
Roughen up the tops of the pies with a fork, then brush with the remaining egg. 4) Grill the pies for 3 minutes or until browned. Serve with veg

image-3934073228.jpg

image-498700663.jpg

EGG FRIED RICE & BEEF IN OYSTER SAUCE WITH VEG
------------------------------------------------------------------

Both dishes free on green and EE

EGG FRIED RICE

serves 4.

198g long grain rice
1 egg
4 spring onions
Fry light
113g frozen peas
1 tbsp soy sauce

Cook the rice according to packet
Finely chop the spring onions

Heat a wok sprayed with fry light, add the rice, fry for 4 mins, add the onions and peas and continue cooking for 3mins.
Season with soy and pepper then push to one side of the pan.

Beat an egg and pour into the other side of the wok, leave for 10 seconds so it begins to set . Use a fork to break it up and mix in the rice. Fry for a further minute before serving.

image-1993593633.jpg

Chinese stir fry with beef and veg in oyster sauce

Serves 4

6 spring onions
1 red chilli ( I used lazy chilli)
4 garlic cloves
198g mushrooms,
Red pepper
Half head of broccoli
3 large leaves of cabbage
3 tbsp dark soy sauce
1 tsp fish sauce
1 tbsp oyster sauce

I used 3 pieces of steak and cut into strips

Prepare veg, cut spring onions into chunks, peel and finely chop garlic, thinly slice mushrooms, shred the cabbage and cut small florets from the broccoli, dice the pepper.

Mix the soy sauce with the fish and the oyster sauces.
Spray wok with frylight, heat the spring onions, garlic and chilli and fry for 20 secs. Add beef, mushrooms and rest of veg and sauce mixture . Cook for 2 mins then serve

egg fried rice & beef in oyster sauce with veg
------------------------------------------------------------------

both dishes free on green and ee

egg fried rice

serves 4.

198g long grain rice
1 egg
4 spring onions
fry light
113g frozen peas
1 tbsp soy sauce

cook the rice according to packet
finely chop the spring onions

heat a wok sprayed with fry light, add the rice, fry for 4 mins, add the onions and peas and continue cooking for 3mins.
Season with soy and pepper then push to one side of the pan.

Beat an egg and pour into the other side of the wok, leave for 10 seconds so it begins to set . Use a fork to break it up and mix in the rice. Fry for a further minute before serving.

View attachment 75732

chinese stir fry with beef and veg in oyster sauce

serves 4

6 spring onions
1 red chilli ( i used lazy chilli)
4 garlic cloves
198g mushrooms,
red pepper
half head of broccoli
3 large leaves of cabbage
3 tbsp dark soy sauce
1 tsp fish sauce
1 tbsp oyster sauce

i used 3 pieces of steak and cut into strips

prepare veg, cut spring onions into chunks, peel and finely chop garlic, thinly slice mushrooms, shred the cabbage and cut small florets from the broccoli, dice the pepper.

Mix the soy sauce with the fish and the oyster sauces.
Spray wok with frylight, heat the spring onions, garlic and chilli and fry for 20 secs. Add beef, mushrooms and rest of veg and sauce mixture . Cook for 2 mins then serve

woman do you never sleep lol !!!!!!:d

Back