Pebbles + the gangs great grub recipes

Tandoori Lamb

serves 4 ready in 40 mins, ( better if marinated overnight)

syn free extra easy and original

1kg lamb cut into 5cm chunks
200g fat free yogurt
6tbsp tomato puree
4tbsp tandoori powder
1cm piece ginger peeled and grated
1tsp chilli powfder
3tsp sea salt
3tbsp lemon juice

mix ingredients together in a bowl and pour over lamb. allow to marinate overnight or if not enough time 4-5 hrs .

preheat oven gas 7 / 200c line a baking tray with baking paper and thread lamb onto metal skewers. cook for 15 mins or until lamb is cooked to your liking.

served with ainsleys moroccan couscous and actifry veg

32fe7ebd.jpg

pebbles67 said:
Tandoori Lamb

serves 4 ready in 40 mins, ( better if marinated overnight)

syn free extra easy and original

1kg lamb cut into 5cm chunks
200g fat free yogurt
6tbsp tomato puree
4tbsp tandoori powder
1cm piece ginger peeled and grated
1tsp chilli powfder
3tsp sea salt
3tbsp lemon juice

mix ingredients together in a bowl and pour over lamb. allow to marinate overnight or if not enough time 4-5 hrs .

preheat oven gas 7 / 200c line a baking tray with baking paper and thread lamb onto metal skewers. cook for 15 mins or until lamb is cooked to your liking.

served with ainsleys moroccan couscous and actifry veg

I would love to try that......

pebbles67 said:
If you need any help, just ask . I've got lots of recipes and ideas. Did you try the tandoori chicken yet ? The mango chicken is nice too. My favourite is my fish pie or my butternut chicken curry. You should try my moussaka I'm sure you'd like it.

Thanks pebbles....
Think I will try the moussaka !! It's one of my favourite dishes.. I would love to find a recipe as good as the real thing, like you would have on a Greek island.....
Thanks again... :)

Ooh, been going through all of the recipes you have posted on here and love them! Cannot wait to give a few of them a try, especially the BBQ diet coke chicken and the fish pie :D

Laura94B said:
Ooh, been going through all of the recipes you have posted on here and love them! Cannot wait to give a few of them a try, especially the BBQ diet coke chicken and the fish pie :D

Ah thanks Laura, glad you like them but make sure you come back and let us know how u got on.
I've been cooking up a storm today. My partners away from home for a while And I'm missing him like crazy so I cook to stop me crying too much.
I've made muffins, liver and bacon, baked bean lasagne and orange and rhubarb crumble today. Had to sit down after that lot as my back was killing me.
Watched a great chick flick tonight which of course made me cry so much that i had to go and find the teenage kids playing ps3 to get cuddles. Anyway so I've lost a stone and a half now and feeling great. Just wish I had my man here to show my body off to. Lol .
So I'll post the recipes on here for today's bakes soon. Roast chicken dinner tomoro then tuesday it's BBQ with my friends family here ( in the rain no doubt)
Hope everyone's ok xx

pebbles67 said:
Thanks trace. I'm popping in and out of here. Nothing sorted yet buddy but I'm trying to carry on as much as possible. Alot of bad days, today being one of them :( . Walking around a train place for kids with a fake smile on my face .xx

Keep ur chin up, and i hope whatever it is gets sorted really soon for you both.
Big hugs xxxxx

pebbles67 said:
Thanks poppet, I wish you were nearer cos I just know we'd be good buddies. You're a great mate trace. Hugs back at you. Wonder what our Kankles is doing xxxx

We would be !!!
I think kanks has got to target been snapped up by a top model agency, and is walking the runways of paris eating barnys rice lol xxxxx

What a brilliant thread, lots to try out pebbles you've worked so hard well done, give yourself a pat on the back :)

SALT AND PEPPER CHICKEN

4 Chicken breasts chopped into strips.
2 onions, sliced
4-5 cloves of finely chopped/minced garlic
a bunch of spring onions topped, tails, and chopped into small bits.
3-4 green or red chillis ( I used a tsp red lazy chilli)
a green pepper (I didnt have a green one so I used a red

image-364866625.jpg

one instead) chopped into small chunks.
sea salt
black pepper

Liberally frylight a wok or large frying pan and heat up.
Add onions and green pepper to pan, and fry over a medium heat so they soften up nicely.
Add garlic, spring onions, chillis to pan and fry for a further minute or so.
Add chicken strips.
Throw several large pinches of sea salt and pepper over the chicken.
Fry the whole bally lot together, stirring repeatedly until the chicken is cooked through.

Thank you some great ideas to try. Might have a few EE days so I can have some of the curries and risottos. :)

gino dacampo paella

Ingredients

Olive oil or frylight
8 chicken thigh pieces deboned de skinned
200 g prawns
250 g mussels
chorizo sausage chopped into small chunks
1 red pepper, sliced
100 g peas
1 onion, sliced
A pinch of chilli flakes
2 tsp smoked paprika
730 ml hot chicken stock
A large pinch of saffron I used turmeric
600 g paella rice
125 ml white wine
1 tin chopped tomatoes
1 small bunch of parsley
3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
The zest of 1 lemon

Method
Heat up a generous splash of olive oil ( frylight a pan) in a paella pan and add the chicken. Once the chicken has started to brown, stir in the chorizo, pepper, onion garlic and chilli. Cook until the vegetables have softened, before adding the smoked paprika.
Mix the saffron with the hot stock.
Stir in the rice and allow to toast for a few minutes, followed by the wine. Allow to boil to remove the alcohol then add the stock and chopped tomatoes. Season with a little salt, stir once, cover and leave for about 15 minutes.
Add the prawns, mussels and peas. Cover loosely with some foil or lid and cook over a very low heat for another 5 minutes or until the rice is cooked.

sprinkle parsley and squeeze lemon to serve

image-1003913024.jpg

Last edited:
SMASH CHICKEN KIEV
----------------------------

So I used 3 breasts plus a Diddy bit that was in the pack for my youngest who eats like a sparrow .
I emptied a pack of instant mash into a bowl, added 2 tsp of salt, a generous twisting of black pepper, 2 -3 tsp Cajun mix, 2 tsp onion powder, 2 tsp garlic granules. Mix together then I tasted a finger tip worth to see if it had taste and it seemed fine. I slit breasts open added a mix of garlic herb Philly and extra chopped garlic. Dipped into beaten egg and dipped into mash mix then egg again and mash again . Place onto frylighted tray and bake 20-25 mins til browned and cooked . Tasted lovely but I would add extra spices next time to make the taste stronger.

image-467772659.jpg

Great thread and very inspirational x

Found this recipe on the syn free rice pudding thread. This one is 1.5 syns.

142g pudding rice
14floz milk (skimmed)
14floz water
8tbsp sweetner
vanilla essence
nutmeg

place milk and water in pan with sweetner and vanilla and gently simmer til disolved.
then place in bowl with the rice and put in oven at 150c for 1hr30mins stir after the 1st half hour.
is very yummy

image-2385530151.jpg

Last edited:
POTATO PEAS & CREAM CHEESE QUICHE
----------------------------------------------------

390g potatoes, peeled boiled and sliced - I used new pots
A tub of light soft cheese any variety
A cup of peas, cup of sweetcorn, 3 cubes of frozen spinach defrosted and strained. Couple florets of cooked broccoli left overs.
60g cheese
5 eggs beaten

Place cooked potatoes in a flan dish, sprinkle peas sweetcorn, spinach and broccoli on top. Beat the eggs, melt soft cheese in microwave to a thick sauce, beat in the eggs then pour over potatoes. Grate the cheese on top and bake until set and brown

image-1764579234.jpg

Back